• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The angry sun god

No, that doesn't tell us anything about Easter celebrations! Did He say don't Remember my Resurrection?

Why do you think He wants us to REMEMBER His death? His Blood and His broken Body?
Because of the sacrifice He endured for us!

You're injecting and adding your own belief about Easter into Luke 22:19.
That's called extrapolation.

I am following exactly what Jesus stated in the Bible..."keep doing this in remembrance of me"...speaking of his last meal with his apostles, consisting of bread and wine, on Nisan 14 33 CE...are you?

Well - I am compelled to respond.
You're being unfairly harsh to our brothers and sisters. In a public forum! :shrug:

.....lol.....and it's not even relevant to the OP! :mrgreen:

I don't think the OP was intended to bash any Christian denomination.
Look, I even liked your first post!

I speak the truth of God's Word...if that is harsh, perhaps you should ask yourself why you feel that way...

I am following exactly what Jesus stated in the Bible..."keep doing this in remembrance of me"...speaking of his last meal with his apostles, consisting of bread and wine, on Nisan 14 33 CE...are you?

Well.....yes, I'm not disagreeing that Jesus instructed us to remember what He's gone through for our redemption!
I'm disagreeing to your added opinion.....an opinion which isn't biblical!

Yes, Jesus wants us to remember His suffering - But - that doesn't mean He's telling us not to celebrate His Resurrection, either!
Celebration of Easter (Christian) is not forbidden!
You're extrapolating from that remembrance verse.

Jesus wants us to remember the price He paid for our redemption - that's all.
It's important to remember that because it shows the love that God has for us!
It doesn't mean though we shouldn't remember or celebrate that He'd triumphed and resurrected!

Of all celebrations - Easter would be the most meaningful in our Christian lives! His victory over death!
We are all resurrected in Christ!

The celebration of His Resurrection does not take away anything from remembrance of His sufferings and death before His resurrection.
We celebrate His victory over death, and what that means for mankind! That doesn't mean we disregard the price He paid for it!

Last edited:
I speak the truth of God's Word...if that is harsh, perhaps you should ask yourself why you feel that way...

I'm saying: JW is doing some things pagan, too. :shrug:

You may be speaking the truth of God - but.....criticizing other denominations for it -

..................you're not being truthful when you make it out like as if JW hasn't been tainted by
pagan practices too.
:shrug:

Especially now, that it's been shown to you. You don't deny the use of wedding rings in JW weddings.
Thus I say, you are being UNFAIRLY harsh on other Christians.

As for the celebration of Easter and Christmas - it is HOW we celebrate it that makes the difference.

In our household, it is much like Thanksgiving - with a meal, and thankfulness.
We don't do the tree, the lights, the trimmings, the gifts, the cards, etc..,

That leaves Christians with a difficult decision in regards to holidays – should a practice that was
started as a pagan religious ritual be continued?

Here are a few things to consider:
(A) Does the holiday in any way promote false doctrine or immorality (Galatians 5:19-23)?
(B) Can we thank God for what we observe on a holiday (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)?
(C) Will celebrating the holiday detract from your Christian testimony / witness (Philippians 2:15)?

This is a decision a Christian family needs to make together. Pray to God, asking Him what He would have you to do (James 1:5).
Should a Christian celebrate holidays? | GotQuestions.org

Last edited:
Well.....yes, I'm not disagreeing that Jesus instructed us to remember what He's gone through for our redemption!
I'm disagreeing to your added opinion.....an opinion which isn't biblical!

Yes, Jesus wants us to remember His suffering - But - that doesn't mean He's telling us not to celebrate His Resurrection, either!
Celebration of Easter (Christian) is not forbidden!
You're extrapolating from that remembrance verse.

Jesus wants us to remember the price He paid for our redemption - that's all.
It's important to remember that because it shows the love that God has for us!
It doesn't mean though we shouldn't remember or celebrate that He'd triumphed and resurrected!

Of all celebrations - Easter would be the most meaningful in our Christian lives! His victory over death!
We are all resurrected in Christ!

The celebration of His Resurrection does not take away anything from remembrance of His sufferings and death before His resurrection.
We celebrate His victory over death, and what that means for mankind! That doesn't mean we disregard the price He paid for it!

You're not listening...SMH...

I'm saying: JW is doing some things pagan, too. :shrug:

You may be speaking the truth of God - but.....criticizing other denominations for it -

..................you're not being truthful when you make it out like as if JW hasn't been tainted by
pagan practices too.
:shrug:

Especially now, that it's been shown to you. You don't deny the use of wedding rings in JW weddings.

As for the celebration of Easter and Christmas - it is HOW we celebrate it that makes the difference.

In our household, it is much like Thanksgiving - with a meal, and thankfulness.
We don't do the tree, the lights, the trimmings, the gifts, the cards, etc..,

Should a Christian celebrate holidays? | GotQuestions.org

Don't need that to guide me...I have the Bible...

Why don't you take care of yourself and I'll take care of me?;)

"But let each one examine his own actions, and then he will have cause for rejoicing in regard to himself alone, and not in comparison with the other person." Galatians 6:4

Because you are always here preaching to everyone else, you are your own worst enemy.

Don't need that to guide me...I have the Bible...

Well - it's not the point.

Here is the point:

You may be speaking the truth of God - but you've been so critical of other Christians for the same thing that's done in your own church.
A lot of Christians are not even aware about pagan practices related some of their practices - and I'm sure, a lot of JW members too, are not aware that JW has those
pagan practices too, even as we speak.

Now that you know about the wedding rings (among the pagan practices in your church).......

.......................you're not being truthful when you make it out like as if JW hasn't been

tainted by pagan practices too.

A wedding ring has nothing to do with my worship to God...

It's a pagan symbol, just like neckties, every JW who has ever shown up on my doorstep is wearing a tie! Coincidence? I think not!

Because you are always here preaching to everyone else, you are your own worst enemy.

And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come." Matthew 24:14

"Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit," Matthew 28:19

Most truly I say to you, whoever exercises faith in me will also do the works that I do; and he will do works greater than these, because I am going my way to the Father." John 14:12

"But you will receive power when the holy spirit comes upon you, and you will be witnesses of me in Jerusalem, in all Judea and Samaria, and to the most distant part of the earth.” Acts 1:8

"For Jehovah has commanded us in these words: ‘I have appointed you as a light of nations, for you to be a salvation to the ends of the earth.’” Acts 13:47

And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come." Matthew 24:14

"Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit," Matthew 28:19

Most truly I say to you, whoever exercises faith in me will also do the works that I do; and he will do works greater than these, because I am going my way to the Father." John 14:12

"But you will receive power when the holy spirit comes upon you, and you will be witnesses of me in Jerusalem, in all Judea and Samaria, and to the most distant part of the earth.” Acts 1:8

"For Jehovah has commanded us in these words: ‘I have appointed you as a light of nations, for you to be a salvation to the ends of the earth.’” Acts 13:47

If God appointed you to be a light to lighten the Gentiles, you are then supposed to go and be that light instead of acting like you are better than everybody else.

The Almighty is talking about followers of Christ, not followers of Michael.

You're not listening...SMH...

I'm not listening? :lol:

I answered and explained to all your argument(s)!

The problem I think is that.... you seem to enter every thread here as a recruitment agent for JW.
Thus, you're always on a "marketing" mode trying to knock out the "competition." :mrgreen:
Cut-throat marketing at its best! :lol:

Maybe, that's why you're more on the side of non-believers here against your fellow-Christians? :lol:
Like - Those Trump-supporting un-Christian Christians!

Yoking one's self with the mockers of God - it's become a JW marketing tactic, isn't it? :lamo

Last edited:
I'm not listening? :lol:

I answered and explained to all your argument(s)!

The problem I think is that.... you seem to enter every thread here as a recruitment agent for JW.
Thus, you're always on a "marketing" mode trying to knock out the "competition." :mrgreen:
Cut-throat marketing at its best! :lol:

Maybe, that's why you're more on the side of non-believers here against your fellow-Christians? :lol:
Like - Those Trump-supporting un-Christian Christians!

Yoking one's self with the mockers of God - it's become a JW marketing tactic, isn't it? :lamo

Sorry, my fellow Christians accept the truth of God's Word and reject the lies of paganism...sad to say, atheists seem to recognize that more than than so called believers...

Sorry, my fellow Christians accept the truth of God's Word and reject the lies of paganism...sad to say, atheists seem to recognize that more than than so called believers...

And if a Christian does not mingle paganism with his/her worship, but keeps it pure, as God commanded...what does that make that person?

A Godly person! As long as he does not try to elevate himself at the expense of others. ;)

Luke 18

9 To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everyone else, Jesus told this parable:

10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector.

11 The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—
or even like this tax collector.

12 I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’

13 “But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said,
‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’

14 “I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God.
For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who
humble themselves will be exalted.”

Last edited:
Elvira

Did Jesus ask us to do it...that is the question?

I dont know

I found these!

Col 2

Freedom From Human Rules

16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.

17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.

18 Do not let anyone who delights in false humility and the worship of angels disqualify you.
Such a person also goes into great detail about what they have seen; they are puffed up with idle notions by their unspiritual mind.

19 They have lost connection with the head, from whom the whole body, supported and held together by its ligaments and sinews,
grows as God causes it to grow.

Like I said, JW is preaching a non-biblical rule! It's a man-made rule by JW!

Romans 14

5 One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind.

6 Whoever regards one day as special does so to the Lord.

Whoever eats meat does so to the Lord, for they give thanks to God;
and whoever abstains does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God.

10 You, then, why do you judge your brother or sister? Or why do you treat them with contempt? For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat.

------------------------

If we regard Easter (Resurrection of Christ) as a time of celebration - we do it for the Lord!

IT IS WRITTEN - IT IS NOT FORBIDDEN!

What is forbidden as it turns out, is to judge fellow-Christians for doing so!

Last edited:
I found these!

Freedom From Human Rules

16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.
17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.

18 Do not let anyone who delights in false humility and the worship of angels disqualify you.
Such a person also goes into great detail about what they have seen; they are puffed up with idle notions by their unspiritual mind.
19 They have lost connection with the head, from whom the whole body, supported and held together by its ligaments and sinews, grows as God causes it to grow.

Romans 14

5 One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind.
6 Whoever regards one day as special does so to the Lord. Whoever eats meat does so to the Lord, for they give thanks to God;

10 You, then, why do you judge your brother or sister? Or why do you treat them with contempt? For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat.

If we regard Easter (Resurrection of Christ) as a time of celebration - we do it for the Lord!

And yet, Jesus never commanded us to observe such a thing...he did command us to observe the last meal he had on the day of his death, if his resurrection was something he wanted us to also observe, he would have told us...but he didn't...so that tells us what is important to Jesus, and should be important to his followers, as well...even the name Easter is pagan...it's not about you but about Jesus Christ...

"Also, he took a loaf, gave thanks, broke it, and gave it to them, saying: “This means my body, which is to be given in your behalf. Keep doing this in remembrance of me.” Luke 22:19

Then you should adhere to Col 2 and Romans 14. Refer to post #65.

And yet, Jesus never commanded us to observe such a thing...he did command us to observe the last meal he had on the day of his death, if his resurrection was something he wanted us to also observe, he would have told us...but he didn't...so that tells us what is important to Jesus, and should be important to his followers, as well...even the name Easter is pagan...it's not about you but about Jesus Christ...

"Also, he took a loaf, gave thanks, broke it, and gave it to them, saying: “This means my body, which is to be given in your behalf. Keep doing this in remembrance of me.” Luke 22:19

:roll:

You're being stiff-necked. Your argument is not with me. Your argument is with the Scriptures!

HERE! READ!

Col 2

Freedom From Human Rules

Romans 14

6 Whoever regards one day as special does so to the Lord. Whoever eats meat does so to the Lord, for they give thanks to God;

10 You, then, why do you judge your brother or sister? Or why do you treat them with contempt?
For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat.

While those who celebrate Easter or Christmas for the lord, are not committing any transgression

you (JW) on the other hand, are doing exactly what is written to be forbidden.

You shouldn't be judging fellow-Christians with their days of celebrations!

Last edited:
Then you should adhere to Col 2 and Romans 14. Refer to post #65.

You're being stiff-necked. Your argument is not with me. Your argument is with the Scriptures!

HERE! READ!

Col 2

Freedom From Human Rules

Romans 14

10 You, then, why do you judge your brother or sister? Or why do you treat them with contempt?
For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat.

While those who celebrate Easter or Christmas for the lord, are not committing any transgression

you (JW) on the other hand, are doing exactly what is written to be forbidden.

You shouldn't be judging fellow-Christians with their days of celebrations!

Sorry you have a problem with my speaking the truth...I feel exactly like David...

"I will boast in Jehovah;
The meek will hear and rejoice." Psalm 34:2

And Jeremiah...

“But let the one boasting boast about this:
That he has insight and knowledge of me,
That I am Jehovah
, the One showing
loyal love, justice, and righteousness in the earth,
For in these things I take delight,” declares Jehovah." Jeremiah 9:24

And Paul...

"so that it may be just as it is written: “The one who boasts, let him boast in Jehovah.” 1 Corinthians 1:31

And in all things, I try to do as Paul said...

Do not go beyond the things that are written,” 1 Corinthians 4:6

Sorry you have a problem with my speaking the truth...I feel exactly like David...

And Jeremiah...

“But let the one boasting boast about this:
That he has insight and knowledge of me,
That I am Jehovah
, the One showing
loyal love, justice, and righteousness in the earth,
For in these things I take delight,” declares Jehovah." Jeremiah 9:24

And Paul...

"so that it may be just as it is written: “The one who boasts, let him boast in Jehovah.” 1 Corinthians 1:31

And in all things, I try to do as Paul said...

Do not go beyond the things that are written,” 1 Corinthians 4:6

The meek are the humble. They're the ones who accept what's written in the Scriptures..

The Greek word translated “meek” is praeis and refers to mildness, gentleness of spirit, or humility. Other forms of this Greek word are used elsewhere in the New Testament, including James 1:21 and James 3:13. Meekness is humility toward God and toward others.
What does “blessed are the meek” mean? | GotQuestions.org

You can quote whatever you want - but the Scriptures is clear about days of celebrations.
It's clear too that we're not to judge people on their celebrations.
What more when we're celebrating for the Lord?

You're just showing and proving to us here that you're cherry picking the Scriptures. You're totally disregarding the truths that's written.....
................when it suits you. :shrug:

Like I've said, it's not me you're arguing with. You're having a conflict with the Scriptures!

“Do not go beyond the things that are written,” 1 Corinthians 4:6

Amen.

God does not prohibit the celebration of Easter.

Last edited:

You can quote whatever you want - but the Scriptures is clear about days of celebrations.
It's clear too that we're not to judge people on their celebrations.
What more when we're celebrating for the Lord?

You're just showing and proving to us here that you're cherry picking the Scriptures. You're totally disregarding the truths that's written.....
................when it suits you. :shrug:

Like I've said, it's not me you're arguing with. You're having a conflict with the Scriptures!

And you have a conflict with TRUTH...

Well, it turns out Easter actually began as a pagan festival celebrating spring in the Northern Hemisphere, long before the advent of Christianity.

"Since pre-historic times, people have celebrated the equinoxes and the solstices as sacred times," University of Sydney Professor Carole Cusack said.

"The spring equinox is a day where the amount of dark and the amount of daylight is exactly identical, so you can tell that you're emerging from winter because the daylight and the dark have come back into balance.

"People mapped their whole life according to the patterns of nature."

Origin of Easter: From pagan festivals and Christianity to bunnies and chocolate eggs - ABC News.

What's that article supposed to say? How is that a rebuttal? Lol.
Do you even read the posts you're responding to? :mrgreen:

You're stumped!

What I gave are the cold hard facts about JW (which is still doing some thngs pagan), and quotes from the Scriptures - TRUTHS - which JW is ignoring!
You and JW are judging people who celebrate Easter (and other Christian-celebrated holidays)! According to God, we shouldn't let people like you judge us!

You're making up your own human rules and attaching it to the Bible!

Colossians 2:16-23

Freedom From Human Rules

Romans 14

And here's what God says to people like you and JW for being so judgmental:

Romans 14

11 It is written:

“‘As surely as I live,’ says the Lord,
‘every knee will bow before me;
every tongue will acknowledge God.’”

12 So then, each of us will give an account of ourselves to God.

What more when ...........................you're guilty of having pagan practices in your church too!

By these verses - we know celebrating our Christian holidays is approved by God!
Because........ we do it for God!
It comes from our FAITH IN HIM!

Colossians 2:16-23

Freedom From Human Rules

16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival,
a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.

Romans 14

Here is another ironic truth:

Romans 14

22 So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God.

Blessed is the one who does not condemn himself by what he approves.

23 But whoever has doubts is condemned if they eat,

because their eating is not from faith;

and everything that does not come from faith is sin.

You preach so much and condemn others for celebrating Easter - for what you say is pagan-related practices!

THEN, if you think doing any pagan-inspired practices is a sin -

why is JW is still allowing these practices to exist in your church?

Why do you use wedding rings, as an example?

You guys are condemning yourselves because you practice what you think is a sin!

In other words, you're wilfully doing what you believe is a sin!

So - never mind your finger pointing.
Focus on yourself. You've got a bigger problem, by the looks of it!

Pass that on to your elders!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom