• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The American Way

TimmyBoy

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I have pretty much lost concern what this country does, because people are not interested in doing the right thing, don't want to listen, they are only interested in doing what is in their best interests, rather than what is right. My opinions or views simply don't matter, just don't ever work for the government, never serve in the military which would essientially mean putting your life in the hands of people who will gladly sacrafice it for their own personal, private interests, never completely trust anybody and do what everybody else does: Look out for #1. It's a "me" America. It's every man/woman for themselves. These are the rules of how this country operates. You can follow these rules of every man/woman for themselves, never mind doing what is morally right and only look after your own interests and therefore have a better chance of survival OR you can follow your life by moral principles, try to help others, have a heart attack at the criminal politics of the US government and end dead on a roadside or poor for the rest of your life and end up getting nowhere and being hung out to dry for trying to be a decent person. The system punishes decent people and rewards criminals. Nobody is going to appreciate anything good or decent and besides they are too self absorbed to care about anybody else. So you might as well just look after yourself, mind your own business, stay out of politics, stick to a close circle of friends you can truly trust, watch your back and only be concerned with your own personal interests and don't worry about what is happenning to other people because they are certainly not worried about you. Do these things and you will be better off in our system.
This is the American Way: Every man/woman for themselves, screw morality and what's right, make money and be unconcerned with everything and everybody else. What do you guys think? This is the American Way that I have observed from experience. Would anybody disagree or agree? Am I wrong? Can I be proven wrong?

Like I said before, you have a warped view of America. We don't look out for #1 all the time. You're just a defeatist who didn't like the mission he was sent on. Too bad. When you join the military you do what you're told or become dishonourably discharged.

Donkey1499 said:
Like I said before, you have a warped view of America. We don't look out for #1 all the time. You're just a defeatist who didn't like the mission he was sent on. Too bad. When you join the military you do what you're told or become dishonourably discharged.

Well fortunately for me, I was honorably discharged. Heh, why Donkey, I am shocked that you disagree with my views of our country. I think this country is all about looking out for #1 and being unconcerned with anything else.

Donkey1499 said:
America isn't about #1. Ever heard of the words "For the People"?

Ahh, yeah, but those are empty words. I need to see action to back up words, and I haven't seen any action to back up those particular words. It's George Orwell's world. We are free, in writing only and not in practice. I think you have an overly simplistic view of our country.

TimmyBoy said:
Ahh, yeah, but those are empty words. I need to see action to back up words, and I haven't seen any action to back up those particular words. It's George Orwell's world. We are free, in writing only and not in practice. I think you have an overly simplistic view of our country.

what is oversimplistic is one clown who extrapolates his own anger and warped perspective on the rest of the country when in reality, he doesn't have the experience or the evidence to do so.

Your existence is not a prototype for the rest of the nation.

Ok, well then where did all that money come from to help the Katrina/Rita victims? Hmm??? Did the victims just pull that money out of their asses? And Indonesia when it was hit by the waves. Where did all the AMERICAN money come from? Oh yeah, and the aid we're sending to Pakistan right now (Even tho we have our own problems here), where did all that aid come from in America???

See, we're not looking out for #1! You need to re-think your argument; if you even had one to begin with.

TimmyBoy said:
I have pretty much lost concern what this country does, because people are not interested in doing the right thing, don't want to listen, they are only interested in doing what is in their best interests, rather than what is right. My opinions or views simply don't matter, just don't ever work for the government, never serve in the military which would essientially mean putting your life in the hands of people who will gladly sacrafice it for their own personal, private interests, never completely trust anybody and do what everybody else does: Look out for #1. It's a "me" America. It's every man/woman for themselves. These are the rules of how this country operates. You can follow these rules of every man/woman for themselves, never mind doing what is morally right and only look after your own interests and therefore have a better chance of survival OR you can follow your life by moral principles, try to help others, have a heart attack at the criminal politics of the US government and end dead on a roadside or poor for the rest of your life and end up getting nowhere and being hung out to dry for trying to be a decent person. The system punishes decent people and rewards criminals. Nobody is going to appreciate anything good or decent and besides they are too self absorbed to care about anybody else. So you might as well just look after yourself, mind your own business, stay out of politics, stick to a close circle of friends you can truly trust, watch your back and only be concerned with your own personal interests and don't worry about what is happenning to other people because they are certainly not worried about you. Do these things and you will be better off in our system.
This is the American Way: Every man/woman for themselves, screw morality and what's right, make money and be unconcerned with everything and everybody else. What do you guys think? This is the American Way that I have observed from experience. Would anybody disagree or agree? Am I wrong? Can I be proven wrong?

Were we looking out for number one when we donated hundreds of millions in food and water to hurricane victims....

How about billions in donations every year for internation aid and assistance.

BILLIONS AND BILLIONS of dollars. Hundreds of thousands of volunteered man ours and labor....

I think you just like to whine when your looking at your half empty glass

Calm2Chaos said:
Were we looking out for number one when we donated hundreds of millions in food and water to hurricane victims....

How about billions in donations every year for internation aid and assistance.

BILLIONS AND BILLIONS of dollars. Hundreds of thousands of volunteered man ours and labor....

I think you just like to whine when your looking at your half empty glass

I told him this stuff on this thread and another, but he just doesn't seem to get. Nice try though.

Donkey1499 said:
I told him this stuff on this thread and another, but he just doesn't seem to get. Nice try though.

He feels better if he can complain about the country and try and do what he can to bring it just a little farther down... Some people aren't happy unless they have something to complain about

Calm2Chaos said:
He feels better if he can complain about the country and try and do what he can to bring it just a little farther down... Some people aren't happy unless they have something to complain about

Like me, for instance, I complain about hippies alot. But it doesn't harm anyone does it? [Besides making the hippies grumpy of course.]

Donkey1499 said:
Like me, for instance, I complain about hippies alot. But it doesn't harm anyone does it? [Besides making the hippies grumpy of course.]

Did'nt think hippies got grumpy

The American Way is to also deny things the way that they really and pretend that everything is OK.

TimmyBoy said:
The American Way is to also deny things the way that they really and pretend that everything is OK.
That worked until 9/11...

cnredd said:
That worked until 9/11...

Yeah, I know, tell me about it. 9/11 was a reality check not just to Americans that their are real threats out their, people determined to destroy America, but also that America was not the saint it saw itself as. I had known this since my time in Bosnia that America was not a saint. I tried to tell some people this, but they didn't really seem to care or want to listen. I guess, things always still have a way of coming back around.

TimmyBoy, stop acting like a little BOY! Your radical view of america is absolutely wrong. America comes to the aide of its citizens when possible. I saw in another thread that you said America deserved 9/11. This is ridiculous. You provided no truth to back up your statement. Why did we deserves this? Why did those people in the WTC deserve this? Why them instead of you? Why werent you in those buildings? Your logic is flawed!

You need to wake up in reality and not your dream world. America is a super power, we all know this. We give billions of $$$ for growth and other economic, political, and social reasons to countries, especially in Africa. To say we only think about ourselves is invalid.

Forgot to add:

What makes you htink YOU are right and not anyone else? Your morality is different than the majority of the society, garenteed! I believe going into iraq qas a just cause. I believe cutting taxes is right, i believe cutting welfare is just, i believe in stem-cell research, i believe in the death penelty. Now to say im WORNG is flawed logic. Youre stating your opinion as fact.

There, i just proved you wrong! :D

AK_Conservative said:
TimmyBoy, stop acting like a little BOY! Your radical view of america is absolutely wrong. America comes to the aide of its citizens when possible. I saw in another thread that you said America deserved 9/11. This is ridiculous. You provided no truth to back up your statement. Why did we deserves this? Why did those people in the WTC deserve this? Why them instead of you? Why werent you in those buildings? Your logic is flawed!

You need to wake up in reality and not your dream world. America is a super power, we all know this. We give billions of $$$ for growth and other economic, political, and social reasons to countries, especially in Africa. To say we only think about ourselves is invalid.

I don't think the people in the World Trade Center deserved what they got, it's just that America as a nation deserved what it got. We had done the same thing to other countries many times before it was done to us on September 11.

galenrox said:
dude, no. Don't even say that stuff cause I'm not going to hear it.

You can say that America has done terrible things in the past, and I'll listen. You can say that America needs to do somethings to atone for what we've done in the past, and I'll listen.
But the second you try to justify a bunch of terrible imitations of people crashing planes into buildings and killing 3,000 Americans who had NOTHING to do with ANY of those things you've mentioned, that's where I draw the frickin line.
They were bad people, they did a bad thing, I'm not one for oversimplifications, but it's as simple as that. Cause there are MILLIONS and MILLIONS of people who are far more oppressed than these dipshits ever were, who've been hurt by the US more than these little **********s, and you don't see them killing thousands of innocents, so no, we didn't deserve this, and it makes my blood boil to hear you assert that we did.

:applaud

Something i can finally agree with you on galenrox! Surprising huh? He hasnt given any supporting premises to his conclusion that we deserved this horrific ordeal!

galenrox said:
dude, no. Don't even say that stuff cause I'm not going to hear it.

You can say that America has done terrible things in the past, and I'll listen. You can say that America needs to do somethings to atone for what we've done in the past, and I'll listen.
But the second you try to justify a bunch of terrible imitations of people crashing planes into buildings and killing 3,000 Americans who had NOTHING to do with ANY of those things you've mentioned, that's where I draw the frickin line.
They were bad people, they did a bad thing, I'm not one for oversimplifications, but it's as simple as that. Cause there are MILLIONS and MILLIONS of people who are far more oppressed than these dipshits ever were, who've been hurt by the US more than these little **********s, and you don't see them killing thousands of innocents, so no, we didn't deserve this, and it makes my blood boil to hear you assert that we did.

OHH, and you think that America hasn't done the same thing in other countries? You don't think that America has killed innocent civilians on a massive scale? This is precisely the reason why 3,000 Americans had to die on September 11, because you as citizens wouldn't listen to me when I returned home and chose to give your silent approval of US government actions that killed innocent civilians.

I am not trying to justify the September 11 attacks. But America did the same thing to other countries and much worse. Two wrongs don't make a right, but America has participated in terrorism itself. Therefore it became a target of terrorism. That's the way it goes, you reap what you sow. And America was reaping what it sowed on that September 11 day.

TimmyBoy said:
I am not trying to justify the September 11 attacks. But America did the same thing to other countries and much worse. Two wrongs don't make a right, but America has participated in terrorism itself. Therefore it became a target of terrorism. That's the way it goes, you reap what you sow. And America was reaping what it sowed on that September 11 day.

Abraham's beard!!! What the Hell are you smoking? What terrorist attacks are you talking about?

Back
Top Bottom