• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The American pro-Putin mind

Centrist

Banned
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
I posted this in the breaking news section but thought about maybe starting a thread about it.

I am trying to understand something.

-> I am bias against Russia due to family. From the direct stories that i heard the russian military what they did in WW2 were as bad as Hitler's SS War Criminals. Barbaric.

- > If my family would be raised in a russian military family most likely would have inclinations to join the pro Russian perspective.

My question is, I can understand the American going against Russia due to the videos posted online and the emotion aspect.

But - > what makes an American to go pro-Russia ? I am not talking about some of the opinions here which are good to challenge ideas or talk about NATO's expansion, but there are some comments I am seeing in other forums and even from some that I work there with, there are some individuals that fully believe Putin is right.

Today from Ukraine:

Propaganda and being complete moronic hacks. They are terrorists, so that makes them root for our enemies.

I posted this in the breaking news section but thought about maybe starting a thread about it.

-> I am bias against Russia due to family. From the direct stories that i heard the russian military what they did in WW2 were as bad as Hitler's SS War Criminals. Barbaric.

- > If my family would be raised in a russian military family most likely would have inclinations to join the pro Russian perspective.

My question is, I can understand the American going against Russia due to the videos posted online and the emotion aspect.

But - > what makes an American to go pro-Russia ? I am not talking about some of the opinions here which are good to challenge ideas or talk about NATO's expansion, but there are some comments I am seeing in other forums and even from some that I work there with, there are some individuals that fully believe Putin is right.

Today from Ukraine:

Four years of a pro-Russian president, plus a propaganda sector that might as well be in bed with Putin.

Betraying America to own the libs!

DkORiJAXsAEfQFd.jpg

I'm not sure.

None of my actions are ever motivated by people like that . . . unless you count responding to them on this forum. What I mean is: everything I do has some other reasoning to it. I rarely if ever think of them. I know that they exist, and that's basically that.

It seems to me, though, that many of their actions seem motivated to attack or needle liberals. They support X, Y, or Z simply because liberals exist.

So they don't only support Putin. They support Putin because Biden is so weak. They wouldn't rather be Russian. They'd rather be Russian than a Democrat. The examples seem endless. It also explains their trolling.

I'd love to be wrong about that, because that seems like such a sad way to live.

Last edited:

Today from Ukraine:

Ask them. Maybe you're making an assumption.
There are some here who conclude that saying Putin is clever is an approval of what he's doing. They probably know It ain't but their purely political narrative is unshakeable.

Today from Ukraine:

Who are you talking about? I have not heard anyone that sides with Putin, has said that 'Putin is right' or that wants Russia to take over Ukraine

Today from Ukraine:

I don't know anyone that believes Putin is right. But out of 350+ million people in the US it's not surprising. Think about all the other stupid stuff people believe and this should surprise no one. BTW the world is not flat, and the US did land men on the moon.

Back
Top Bottom