• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The American Dream and the Voice of Reason

Voice of Reason

Reaction score
Greetings and thank you for allowing me to be a part of your community. I am happy to be here among many great thinkers and even more non-thinkers. First of all I am an American and that is all that matters as far as political affiliation goes. I realized that I had to choose between two evils and decided to ignore both and to choose Reason. I love America. Her friends are my friends and her enemies are my enemies, and I assure you that both are here right now. I have come here seeking a certain few, and I believe that I will find them, but while I am here I hope that I can be a friend to all who seek truth. First I will go ahead and give you a few of my personal truths.

I believe in America, not as it is, nor completely as it was, but as it could be. I believe in the heart of the American Dream and I believe that a main vein has been severed and that it bleeds red and blue. I say what I mean and I mean what I say. I believe that good medicine stings when applied and that too much of a good thing is a bad thing. I do not believe that America is a land in which everyone should get what they want and I do not believe that "rights" are healthy to those who lack self control, discipline and common sense. Some people must be controlled to a certain extent. (They are easy to pick out because they are usually the ones standing up screaming about more rights.) I do not believe in either party (Red or Blue) not because of what they were but because of what they have become. Those who seek Reason are above that and I will rarely waste time demeaning myself to matters of red and blue. Leave that for the "know it alls" and bickering fools.

I am here seeking a Remnant of men and women who love America and who wish to save this land before it is too late. I want to know that there are others out there who have risen above the current "issues" facing our country to see the real problems. I am seeking the true Patriots who would fight and bleed for this land. I am also seeking those who are just tired of watching this pointless cycle of childish bickering. I am looking for those with reason.

Above all I seek a greater America and know that without a head the body must die. The two parties have become corrupt and full of fools and will soon fall. At that point we must be ready to replace our head. I seek those who are searching for solutions and to them I pledge my support and my hand.

Many of you have already chosen one side or the other and will defend your colors regardless of what they stand for, and to you I extend my pity and nothing more. I do not admire puppets on strings. I do not enjoy a conversation in which I know what you will say before you say it. To those of you who fall into this category, I leave you to each other. Fools bickering with fools do not invite Reason.

To everyone else I thank you for allowing me into your community and look forward to sharing thoughts and ideas, and perhaps when we are bored we can watch the fools together.

The Voice

Voice of Reason said:
I am happy to be here among many great thinkers and even more non-thinkers.

:2wave: very nice speech.

BTW...I may be a non-thinker here. Usually I try not to leave anyone in a temper. Sometimes though I end up tasting my foot.

Still I look forward to seeing some of your debates. I too am an American or as I like to say my father was born in the south and my mother was born in Spanish Harlem. Mixed and proud. Since I see this country as a melting pot, I feel I'm nicely blended :smile:

I also feel this is where my roots are and stand by my other favorite statement. If I were born in any other country then I would have that name (ie; China - Chinese, Italy - Italian, Germany - German). I was born and bred in America so guess what that makes me? :lol:

Wow! Excellent.

Welcome to Debate Politics!

I think I fit into the "sometimes a thinker" crowd. While I believe I am a hard core conservative, there are many times that 'the other side' passes through. Sometimes a clear and concise discussion will indeed pursuade my conclusion. Though like all, I am afraid to admit it.

Don't get me wrong. I am indeed defending my party - the future is bleek and we both agree that an end is in site for only two parties in this great country.

vauge said:
Wow! Excellent.

Welcome to Debate Politics!

I think I fit into the "sometimes a thinker" crowd. While I believe I am a hard core conservative, there are many times that 'the other side' passes through. Sometimes a clear and concise discussion will indeed pursuade my conclusion. Though like all, I am afraid to admit it.

Don't get me wrong. I am indeed defending my party - the future is bleek and we both agree that an end is in site for only two parties in this great country.

Hello Friend,

Thank you for the welcome and I am glad to meet you. You sound like a great American and the fact that you admit that sometimes you are wrong shows wisdom. This simple act causes some people great vexation. The fact that you listen shows that you are worthy to be listened to. I give you my applause for your patriotism and urge you to embrace your important conservative ideals while remembering that to be conservative does not make you a republican and being liberal does not make you a democrat. I have learned that in fact both parties seem to be betraying their own ideals for power and that while both have great ideas which could further Americas cause, they use them rather as weapons of war in this ongoing debate of red and blue. When will we put aside our differences and embrace our similarities. Let us focus on those things which we share such as the desire to live in a land where we can enjoy simple pleasures without fear of government intrusion while at the same time having a government that is effective in protecting those liberties. Which of the two parties does not want that?

Remember that in order to open the table for true healthy debate it is important to be first silent and to listen. Once someone of contrary views sees that you are interested in his/her views they will likely extend the same courtesy. Anyone who refuses to listen after you have first listened is a fool and unworthy of your knowledge. The wise man listens, the foolish man hears only his own mouth.

I am honored by your acceptance.

The Voice

welcome2.gif
Voice of Reason!

I have learned that in fact both parties seem to be betraying their own ideals for power and that while both have great ideas which could further Americas cause, they use them rather as weapons of war in this ongoing debate of red and blue.
You can have the best ideas on the planet, but if you are not in a position of power, it is difficult to implement them. Our Country would be better served to have a true representative legislature of cultures rather than parties, but at present we are stuck with what we have.
When will we put aside our differences and embrace our similarities. Let us focus on those things which we share such as the desire to live in a land where we can enjoy simple pleasures without fear of government intrusion while at the same time having a government that is effective in protecting those liberties. Which of the two parties does not want that?
While we have many of the same goals, the devil is in the details of how to obtain them. You will get a wide variety of views from the posters here, so happy posting, and have a good time. :2razz:

Welcome,

I like your style of writing, it's got good grammar, actual sentences, and nice facts to back up your opinions.

Welcome!

Yeah, which doesn't happen often on the internet (as a continuation on what Arch was saying). Welcome and I wonder if the American Dream was a crack at Dusty Rhodes...a cookie to anyone who likes Dusty!

Welcome man!

Squawker said:
welcome2.gif
Voice of Reason!

You can have the best ideas on the planet, but if you are not in a position of power, it is difficult to implement them. Our Country would be better served to have a true representative legislature of cultures rather than parties, but at present we are stuck with what we have.
While we have many of the same goals, the devil is in the details of how to obtain them. You will get a wide variety of views from the posters here, so happy posting, and have a good time. :2razz:

You are quite right my friend, but we must not be discouraged by what we do not have. Rather we should be encouraged by what we seek to attain. Power in a a Republic is not so difficult to attain as it may seem. The key is having good ideas and the will to implement them. The idea of implementing a good idea is not the part that I am worried about, its just coming up with new practical solutions.

Never say that we are stuck. To admit defeat before the battle is to lay your head at the foot of your enemy. We have only grown complacent. We have sat to the side for decades while those in power have quietly (and not so quietly) seized control of many of the powers that belong to the people. We should not consider that to be an acceptable move. It is not to late, but the time to start taking action is now, and action begins with new ideas and the rallying of great Thinkers who believe in the Heart of what America was Designed to be. Our destination remains the same, but due to the change in times, perhaps the vehicle to reach that destination has changed. Have faith in your Republic and don't accept defeat before the battle has begun.

The Voice

Voice of Reason said:
You are quite right my friend, but we must not be discouraged by what we do not have. Rather we should be encouraged by what we seek to attain.
VoR, the reason I created this forum is for education. Why do the others think the way they do?

Through that knowledge we all can grasp a better understanding of the world around us and start to encourage change for the better. I think our goals are one in the same. There are a few real politicians on this forum, and well as administrative assistants to federal congresspersons. Food for thought. ;)

Back
Top Bottom