• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The AGW folks are really starting to change people's minds....

Obama dog choppered separately to vacation home; FLASHBACK 2008: ‘We can

Arriving in the idyllic coastal retreat of Martha’s Vineyard in Massachusetts, Mr Obama left behind him in Washington DC high profile debates over the budget, government surveillance and his health care reforms. Instead, he will spend the next eight days playing golf, going to the beach, and buying books from the Bunch of Grapes bookstore.

In the air he swapped his suit and tie for khakis and a blue shirt with rolled-up sleeves, while Mrs Obama wore a yellow-and-white summer dress.

Bo, the president’s Portuguese Water Dog, arrived separately on one of two MV-22 Ospreys, a hybrid aircraft which takes off like a helicopter but flies like a plane.

Hey , at least it was a 'hybrid'. LAFF

To underscore Obama’s do-as-I-say-not-as-I-do ethic, let’s recall his famous avowal from the 2008 campaign:

“We can’t drive our SUVs and eat as much as we want and keep our homes on 72 degrees at all times … and then just expect that other countries are going to say OK.”

People who deny AGW are so far gone they believe all the world's scientists are in a giant conspiracy to destroy the economy. Whether or not certain people drive hybrids isn't going to change their minds.

Perhaps because the teleprompter in chief is on vacation, burning massive amounts of fossil fuels, interest has waned. ;)

I think you nailed it!

People who deny AGW are so far gone they believe all the world's scientists are in a giant conspiracy to destroy the economy. Whether or not certain people drive hybrids isn't going to change their minds.

And the cultists parrot the same old debunked talking points incessantly. Thanks for the demonstration.

And the cultists parrot the same old debunked talking points incessantly. Thanks for the demonstration.

Seriously, if Obama started driving a hybrid personally would that make an ounce of difference to you?

Seriously, if Obama started driving a hybrid personally would that make an ounce of difference to you?

It would make a difference to me if Obama didn't burn up all the fossil fuel one man possibly can every time he goes on vacation as he tells us about man made warming and its awful consequences for humanity.

It would make a difference to me if Obama didn't burn up all the fossil fuel one man possibly can every time he goes on vacation as he tells us about man made warming and its awful consequences for humanity.

So that would make you believe in agw?

Yes it would, I'd be calling for the head of the Secret Service numbskull who allowed such a thing. Armor is heavy.

However, he could walk his talk in other transport areas. Not flying the family dog separately would be a start.

So that would make you believe in agw?
How about a Quantum optics energy state transfer table that would explain how Co2
can add 3 or 4 degrees of warming, when physics says it can only add 1 to 2 degrees.
Or even a description of the forcing mechanism that someone could test.

If Obama truly believed in AGW he wouldn't use as much fuel as humanly possible so when he preaches AGW it reminds me of his mentor, "Not God bless America, God damn America".

I'm really not concerned with what you think of who is or isn't living by their word as it has no bearing on the reality of AGW, because let's face it: if you don't believe in agw then nothing that anybody does is going to matter, which is why I say it's moot. Also, you'll always be able to find somebody who isn't living a hundred percent according to the knowledge that agw is a genuine concern. So any argument centering around who is, for example, driving a prius, is disingenuous.

I'm really not concerned with what you think of who is or isn't living by their word as it has no bearing on the reality of AGW, because let's face it: if you don't believe in agw then nothing that anybody does is going to matter, which is why I say it's moot. Also, you'll always be able to find somebody who isn't living a hundred percent according to the knowledge that agw is a genuine concern. So any argument centering around who is, for example, driving a prius, is disingenuous.

it's hard to take a president serious that tells you we are destroying the planet with our use of fossil fuel as he uses more in one day to go on vacation than most of us will use the rest of our lives.

it's hard to take a president serious that tells you we are destroying the planet with our use of fossil fuel as he uses more in one day to go on vacation than most of us will use the rest of our lives.

Which again is entirely moot: If Obama started growing his own organic produce and sorted the recyclables from the trash himself you still wouldn't be any closer to believing in AGW. How another person behaves is irrelevant to whether or not AGW is real.

How about a Quantum optics energy state transfer table that would explain how Co2
can add 3 or 4 degrees of warming, when physics says it can only add 1 to 2 degrees.

Wow, that's pretty technical sounding. Are you working in climatology right now, and if so where did you get your degree?

Which again is entirely moot: If Obama started growing his own organic produce and sorted the recyclables from the trash himself you still wouldn't be any closer to believing in AGW. How another person behaves is irrelevant to whether or not AGW is real.

You're missing the point. How can anyone believe Obama believes when he uses fossil fuel with wild abandon?

You're missing the point. How can anyone believe Obama believes when he uses fossil fuel with wild abandon?

Uh, your point wasn't exactly obscure. It's just that coming from someone who believes the global scientific community is colluding to drive everybody back to neolithic society it's incredibly disingenuous. You don't even believe in agw, so what Obama does or doesn't do will never convince you anyway. Sure, you'll respect him a little bit more (and that's not for nothing) but the credulity of agw itself will forever remain barred to you.

Last edited:

There is an old study that plays scientific voodoo to explain it.

The Role of Ocean-Atmospheric Interactions in the CO2 Climate problem

CO2 has a direct surface effect of 1.2 W/m^2 rather than the 3.7 W/m^2 when accounting for the overlap with H2O, for a doubling of CO2. They go on to claim a total of 15.5 W/m^2 with the vapor feedback, and a 2.2 degree increase. This 15.5 is absolutely unreal, as they are only considering one direction of the latent heat transfer.

Note...

Their temperate increase for the doubling of CO2 without the feedback is 0.17 degrees...

No matter how much I look, it appears they model such formulas to explain a greater increase in solar energy than they want to account for. They never explain how they eliminated other possible influences properly.

The notion has been around in a documented form since about 1900 and yet it still has not become a Scientific Theory.

It only took about 10 years for the Theory of Relativity to make the leap to being a Theory.

If only there was any proof at all for this notion...

You mean that would make a difference?

Uh, your point wasn't exactly obscure. It's just that coming from someone who believes the global scientific community is colluding to drive everybody back to neolithic society it's incredibly disingenuous. You don't even believe in agw, so what Obama does or doesn't do will never convince you anyway. Sure, you'll respect him a little bit more (and that's not for nothing) but the credulity of agw itself will forever remain barred to you.

Believing in AGW is just that: a matter of faith.

If you want people to accept that this is real thing in the real world, then demonstrate the proof.

Back
Top Bottom