• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The AGW folks are really starting to change people's minds....

Wow, that's pretty technical sounding. Are you working in climatology right now, and if so where did you get your degree?
No, My background is in lasers and Physics, but regardless of what area of the hard sciences people
work in, they still have to obey the laws of Physics.

According to the report, the weather kept potential participants away from the event. It was raining. Really serious people.

People who deny AGW are so far gone they believe all the world's scientists are in a giant conspiracy to destroy the economy. Whether or not certain people drive hybrids isn't going to change their minds.

Yeah, like he said...yeah yeah yeah, whatever.

And so, you believe that all the other scientists on the other side, the ones that just do not believe the science is settled sufficiently for mankind to know which way the climate is going, that those not crazy enough to bankrupt all western society on these beyond iffy predictions of gloom and doom, you think they are in a conspiracy of their own then?

That a lot of these who probably drive fuel efficient cars just because its cheaper and fulfills their needs, those that are not geometrically increasing their carbon footprint jetting all over the place in private jets, heating/cooling their homes at 20 times the average, they are all in a conspiracy of their own?

And all this identifying of hypocritical jet setting, of limousine driving liberals are not going to change those minds either.

There is an old study that plays scientific voodoo to explain it.

The Role of Ocean-Atmospheric Interactions in the CO2 Climate problem

CO2 has a direct surface effect of 1.2 W/m^2 rather than the 3.7 W/m^2 when accounting for the overlap with H2O, for a doubling of CO2. They go on to claim a total of 15.5 W/m^2 with the vapor feedback, and a 2.2 degree increase. This 15.5 is absolutely unreal, as they are only considering one direction of the latent heat transfer.

Note...

Their temperate increase for the doubling of CO2 without the feedback is 0.17 degrees...

No matter how much I look, it appears they model such formulas to explain a greater increase in solar energy than they want to account for. They never explain how they eliminated other possible influences properly.

The CO2 "forcing" is really just the manifestation of the model's uncertainty. They set all other parameters as a steady and predictable (when most are not) and then label all deviation from that assumed state as C02 forcing.

It's like a farmer saying aliens are stealing his corn, then calculating his average yield each year, and claiming the amount he fell short this year is proof of aliens.

I just wish those stupid liberal climate scientists would shutup and start listening to conservative non scientist forum crushers.

BADDA-BOOM!!!

xMate Libruls, I got teh Excel formulai to prove no existences of wut u claimz!

No, My background is in lasers and Physics, but regardless of what area of the hard sciences people
work in, they still have to obey the laws of Physics.

Your...background...is in lasers and physics. Where did you get your degree? What do you work in now?

AGW true believers only really exist when there is a GOP president. You heard precisely dick about Kyoto from the AGW lunatics during the 4 years of the Clinton presidency after Kyoto was signed, but they came out like rabid ferrets as soon as Bush was elected. Since Obama...vanished. Too much pressure to put on their beloved, and besides...the honey pot has dried up.
Gore was perhaps the single largest polluter as a private citizen in the history of the world and he was the face and voice of the movement. Now...he's pretty much an asterisk.

The 'scientists' dont wish to destroy the economies of the world...they just want a never ending gobstopper of government research grants and funding. They really have no one to blame but themselves for their own credibility problems. That is what happens when you doctor models, get caught lying about it, put temp sensing equipment in locations where you KNOW you will get false high readings, etc. You act like a clown, you cant be shocked when people identify you as a clown.

Yeah, like he said...yeah yeah yeah, whatever.

And so, you believe that all the other scientists on the other side, the ones that just do not believe the science is settled sufficiently for mankind to know which way the climate is going, that those not crazy enough to bankrupt all western society on these beyond iffy predictions of gloom and doom, you think they are in a conspiracy of their own then?

That a lot of these who probably drive fuel efficient cars just because its cheaper and fulfills their needs, those that are not geometrically increasing their carbon footprint jetting all over the place in private jets, heating/cooling their homes at 20 times the average, they are all in a conspiracy of their own?

And all this identifying of hypocritical jet setting, of limousine driving liberals are not going to change those minds either.

Alllll the other scientists. Right. And where are some of these published studies by climatologists countering AGW?

I just wish those stupid liberal climate scientists would shutup and start listening to conservative non scientist forum crushers.

BADDA-BOOM!!!

Rather than unreadable attempts at humor, why not link to the elevation of this notion by any Scientific organization on the planet from being a swindle to being an official Scientific Theory?

The fact that the "consensus" says that the science is settled and that this has not achieved the level of being a Scientific Theory speaks volumes about the adherence to the agenda over the science.

You are free to proceed

Alllll the other scientists. Right. And where are some of these published studies by climatologists countering AGW?

Where is the statement from any scientific organization on the planet that sys the AGW is a real Scientific Theory?

They've had about 110 years to class it as such up to now and so far, nothing.

It only took relativity about 10 years.

BADDA-BOOM!!!

That's better than being spoon fed information and not understanding how they derive the taste. At least I read and understand the ingredients.

Your...background...is in lasers and physics. Where did you get your degree? What do you work in now?
my University BS degree is irrelevant compared to my 30 years of industry and institutional experience.
While I do no work in that area now, thankfully Co2 still behaves the way Physics describes it should.

my University BS degree is irrelevant compared to my 30 years of industry and institutional experience.
While I do no work in that area now, thankfully Co2 still behaves the way Physics describes it should.

That's what these people don't seem to understand. They act as if CO2 acts differently in climate than in physics.

Okay, you don't want to tell me your degree, fine. Where did you go to school, then? What did you do in your industry?

Not trying to pry, but I am understandably curious what qualifications have allowed you to catch what the majority of scientists working in the field of climatology for years missed. Have your observations been published in scientific journals? Have you tried to publish an article in a scientific journal?

Okay, you don't want to tell me your degree, fine. Where did you go to school, then? What did you do in your industry?

Not trying to pry, but I am understandably curious what qualifications have allowed you to catch what the majority of scientists working in the field of climatology for years missed. Have your observations been published in scientific journals? Have you tried to publish an article in a scientific journal?

Why does this matter?

Only elitists think that a persons education or job matters. In the end, what matters is how well one accomplishes the task as hand.

Why does this matter?

Only elitists think that a persons education or job matters. In the end, what matters is how well one accomplishes the task as hand.

You're right! Education and job experience are for ******s! Everything I know I learned on my daddy's knee and don't need none of that northern college sissy-boy crap. That's why I go to my tailor for my annual physical and my doctor for tax advice. Speaking of which, are you having any engine problems, cause I could probably sort that out for you. Sure, I'm an artist and have never done more than refill the windshield wiper fluid, but I don't trust those elitist mechanics and I know I could do just as well, so bring in your car and I'll fix it real good.

The epitomizing appropriate cautinoary tale: Things are not as they appear - Galileo and the establishment

Oh, and they are out there. But, one chooses ones battles, determines what is a waste of time, what is not. You exhibit few of those traits to an openess to contridiction to your myths. Besides, were one sufficiently inquisitive, that one should already know...

You're right! Education and job experience are for ******s! Everything I know I learned on my daddy's knee and don't need none of that northern college sissy-boy crap. That's why I go to my tailor for my annual physical and my doctor for tax advice. Speaking of which, are you having any engine problems, cause I could probably sort that out for you. Sure, I'm an artist and have never done more than refill the windshield wiper fluid, but I don't trust those elitist mechanics and I know I could do just as well, so bring in your car and I'll fix it real good.

Don't confuse "education" with mere "schooling" - that's the mark of a highly schooled elitist who mistakenly thinks he/she is actually educated and knows whereof he/she speaks.

The epitomizing appropriate cautinoary tale: Things are not as they appear - Galileo and the establishment

Oh, and they are out there. But, one chooses ones battles, determines what is a waste of time, what is not. You exhibit few of those traits to an openess to contridiction to your myths. Besides, were one sufficiently inquisitive, that one should already know...

I ask who alllll these climatologists are who disagree with AGW and have published their findings in scientific journals and you crap out the Galileo story on top of telling me I should "already know."

Thanks.

Don't confuse "education" with mere "schooling" - that's the mark of a highly schooled elitist who mistakenly thinks he/she is actually educated and knows whereof he/she speaks.

Come on, Planar was trying to pull off the idea that he was qualified to counter the consensus of the scientific community comprised of educated scientists working for years in the field of climatology. But he refuses to say what exactly he does, where he got his degree and what he got his degree in. If you didn't already agree with his position there's no way in a million years you'd back him up on this. Have some self respect.

Come on, Planar was trying to pull off the idea that he was qualified to counter the consensus of the scientific community comprised of educated scientists working for years in the field of climatology. But he refuses to say what exactly he does, where he got his degree and what he got his degree in. If you didn't already agree with his position there's no way in a million years you'd back him up on this. Have some self respect.

You don't understand. Planar proved AGW can't exist. He did it on his Leap Pad.

He's too proud to bother to publish it and claim the Nobel though. What a guy!

I ask who alllll these climatologists are who disagree with AGW and have published their findings in scientific journals and you crap out the Galileo story on top of telling me I should "already know."

Thanks.
Always willing to help out, even those that others might consider the flatliners. Let me know when you finally figure it all out.

You don't understand. Planar proved AGW can't exist. He did it on his Leap Pad.

He's too proud to bother to publish it and claim the Nobel though. What a guy!

He worked with lasers.

Education and intelligence are not synonymous. You guys are just looking for another angle to discredit me personally, rather than the arguments I make. It must frustrate the hell out of you not to be ably to argue my points in your own words.

Back
Top Bottom