• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The abortion issue, what is it all about?

bongsaway

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Here's the real question, is abortion nothing more than laws created by some people's religious beliefs? Is that the road america is choosing to pursue? Abortion is not murder according to the law that the party of law and order obviously disagrees, so that to me means they are basing their idea of murder on religious beliefs.

So, what is the issue with abortion and are we now passing laws on religious beliefs?

it's about the desentisation of human life and the promotion of no-consequences promiscuity.

Here's the real question, is abortion nothing more than laws created by some people's religious beliefs? Is that the road america is choosing to pursue? Abortion is not murder according to the law that the party of law and order obviously disagrees, so that to me means they are basing their idea of murder on religious beliefs.

So, what is the issue with abortion and are we now passing laws on religious beliefs?

The problem with abortion is that two sides are in a cat fight and everyone's losing. To my thinking, the right and left should get together to reduce the number of abortions rather than fighting about whether it's legal our illegal. They should go hand-in-hand and talk about abstinence on the right, birth control on the left, and both sides should stress about how no means no and it's okay not to have sex. Then we'd have fewer abortions.

it's about the desentisation of human life and the promotion of no-consequences promiscuity.
What nonsense. You don't think married, monogamous women have abortions? That condoms break? That the pill isn't 100% effective? You people talk like women want to have abortions, that's insane. It's a last resort and no law will stop them.

Abortion is kosher. Why are jews forcing their religion on us?

What nonsense. You don't think married, monogamous women have abortions? That condoms break? That the pill isn't 100% effective? You people talk like women want to have abortions, that's insane. It's a last resort and no law will stop them.
Yes. Married, monogamous women DONT HAVE ABORTIONS. That is a literal fact

Statistically, married women account for 15% of all abortions! That number is carefully avoided by the liberal media, simply because it reveals the importance of marriage. When I typed the title of this webpage into Google (using quotation marks), I only received FOUR results? You see, the Devil wants to kill, steal and destroy your life girls, and it nearly always starts with fornication! Jesus said in John 10:10, “The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.”

That's from a religious, Bible thumping web site. That's the " literal" fact. If anything the number is skewed lower to make their point. I can't believe you people are serious with the craziness you post sometimes.

Truth-bomb of the year!

I'd like to congratulate you on having personally interviewed every married, monogamous woman in history to confirm this literal fact of yours. It's a nigh miracle that you were able to pull this off. You should offer up such services to market research firms.

Truth-bomb of the year!

I'd like to congratulate you on having personally interviewed every married, monogamous woman in history to confirm this literal fact of yours. It's a nigh miracle that you were able to pull this off. You should offer up such services to market research firms.
logical

Statistically, married women account for 15% of all abortions! That number is carefully avoided by the liberal media, simply because it reveals the importance of marriage. When I typed the title of this webpage into Google (using quotation marks), I only received FOUR results? You see, the Devil wants to kill, steal and destroy your life girls, and it nearly always starts with fornication! Jesus said in John 10:10, “The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.”

That's from a religious, Bible thumping web site. That's the " literal" fact. If anything the number is skewed lower to make their point. I can't believe you people are serious with the craziness you post sometimes.
what percentage of women are married? what percentage of those you mentioned are childless? Black?

This type of answer I do not understand the reasoning. The human race has been ****ing and killing each other for as long as we've existed. America is good at going into other countries and killing people in the name of ( fill in the blank ) for many years and yet abortion seems to set the religious rights nerves on end. It makes no sense.

This type of answer I do not understand the reasoning. The human race has been ****ing and killing each other for as long as we've existed. America is good at going into other countries and killing people in the name of ( fill in the blank ) for many years and yet abortion seems to set the religious rights nerves on end. It makes no sense.
Because the unborn is a direct killing of someone that can not be defended. It is the worst of the worst

WRONG. I've known several in my life that have had them, they were married and they were monogomous. You're WRONG as usual. You have been wrong about EVERYTHING you have said on this board.

not religious at all------------------killing of humans is just wrong by any standards, unless in self-defense

WRONG. I've known several in my life that have had them, they were married and they were monogomous. You're WRONG as usual. You have been wrong about EVERYTHING you have said on this board.
YOU ARE WRONG LOSER

It's the Christian right, and their fantasy that America is a Christian Nation. They've deluded themselves so much they're trying to make it come true for all of us.

What happens when the baby is dead inside the womb at four months? How do you think they get it out so it doesn't kill the mother? Ask it to come out? Give me a break, you are obviously a dude.

What happens when the baby is dead inside the womb at four months? How do you think they get it out so it doesn't kill the mother? Ask it to come out? Give me a break, you are obviously a dude.
what?

When Paul Weyrich (founder of the Heritage Foundation and ALEC) and Jerry Falwell initially came up with the idea of protesting against legal abortion it was simply to distract their constituency from it's racist riling against school integration and the loss of tax exemption for their segregated schools.

Being against abortion became instantly popular for as many different reasons as there were different petty rancors among the congregants.
*People who felt threatened by or jealous of women in the political and business worlds saw the potential for increasing women's childbearing duties and decreasing their presence in business and politics.
*Many saw denying legal abortion as righteous punishment for enjoying ....................... OMG,OMG ........... sex
*There may be a contingent that sees abortion as reducing the numbers available for cheap labor.
*A number of ill advised people believe in the homunculus theory of reproduction and think they are saving little innocent babies by protesting abortion.
A significant number of people protest abortion as murder and women as murderers; calling out the Ten Commandments and Bible verses proving abortion is the murder of human beings. These seem to be the least honest of all the different protestors.
*Some people get their kicks believing that protesting legal abortion pisses off liberals.

**But the driving force behind the anti-abortion movement are the religious leaders who see the potential for a political power base for tearing down the church and state barrier, gaining access to federal money, and denying recently gained rights for women, minorities, the poor and LGBT. The culture of John Calvin's theocracy runs hot in their veins.

The real issue is power as Paul Weyrich said,
"When political power is achieved, the moral majority will have the opportunity to re-create this great nation.”

Back
Top Bottom