• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The abject stupidity of the mainstream media

Erod

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
The Largest Football Recruit on the Planet

Junior dwarfs this being, whoever that might be. At 7 feet tall and 440 pounds, John Robert Krahn III makes the largest people in the world’s largest profession appear minuscule.

And yet, despite his size and his blossoming status as a celebrity recruit, not one Division I team has looked his direction. Not one coach has called to gauge his interest. The countless inquiries made on Junior’s behalf have sunk to the bottom of the abyss.

In a sport so consumed by size, how could this be? How could someone with so much potential slip through the cracks?

The answer is complicated. It begins with our societal fixation with the rare and unfamiliar, although it does not end there. It goes deeper. Past the myriad of modifications simply to live like a child—to live a normal life. Past the broken bones that have since been repaired.

It is not until you arrive at the core of a young man and his family—heartbreak of the most indescribable kind—that a journey comes into focus.

Through it all, Junior has not stopped searching.

This story is front-and-center on cnn.com.

This utter bonehead writer thinks that just because a kid is big and tall, he's an NFL player by default. As if there's nothing more to football than being "big".

And of course, it's our fault. We have a "societal fixation with the rare and unfamiliar." Yeah, sure, buddy. College coaches are disinterested because he's funny lookin'.

Good gawd.

This utter bonehead writer thinks that just because a kid is big and tall, he's an NFL player by default. As if there's nothing more to football than being "big".

And of course, it's our fault. We have a "societal fixation with the rare and unfamiliar." Yeah, sure, buddy. College coaches are disinterested because he's funny lookin'.

Good gawd.

Uhhhh what?

Good gawd.

Two things - 1) from the article - "We had Division I coaches on site that said they'd consider offering him if he lost some weight," USA Football's Jimmy Thomas told MaxPreps writer Stephen Spiewak after Krahn participated in a USA Football camp in Los Angeles last summer. "They think he could be a force at a lighter weight." and that leads us to the additional info that the article gives, 2) slow and lack of coordination, 3) broken tibia down to the growth plate (although downplayed in the article, is usually a career ending injury), and 4) other injuries sauch as stress fractures due to his weight versus his body's ability to move in ways he has to move to be a college football player.

I feel bad for the kid, but as the very first paragragh explained, if he lost weight he could be a major factor in college football. Bigger is not always better, even in football.

Obviously, they need to spend more time worshipping Trump.

I can't stand Trump - so not only do you not understand the article or the world of college athletics, and hence, the point I made - you have no understanding of my politics either.

I followed the link to the OP. It went to thelab.bleacherreport.com

What the hell is the phrase "mainstream media" doing in the title?

I can't stand Trump - so not only do you not understand the article or the world of college athletics, and hence, the point I made - you have no understanding of my politics either.

I am missing what this has to do with a rant about mainstream media. He maybe has the potential to be a good player, so do a lot of kids.

I'm getting sick of all the cons rushing to say they hate Trump. Show it on Election Day and I'll buy it.

Good gawd.

Too tall for an offensive lineman because it would be easy to get under him and he "probably" too slow to play defense.
No place for him on the field, I promise.

I am missing what this has to do with a rant about mainstream media. He maybe has the potential to be a good player, so do a lot of kids.

I'm getting sick of all the cons rushing to say they hate Trump. Show it on Election Day and I'll buy it.

I would probably vote for a rented mule before I would vote for Hillary.

I just don't understand how a single respectable Democrat could possibly support her and that colossal bitch Wasserman-Schultz. Good gosh, take your party back from those genetic mutations.

I'm glad I don't have to bother in my state. For the first time in my life, I likely won't even punch a vote on that section of the ballot. But if I had a gun to my head, I suppose I'd have to plug my nose and vote for Trump.

Too tall for an offensive lineman because it would be easy to get under him and he "probably" too slow to play defense.
No place for him on the field, I promise.

Those are football reasons. According to the article, the real reason is that you just can't handle the "rare and unfamiliar." (Just like transgenders. There's the subtle implication.)

I followed the link to the OP. It went to thelab.bleacherreport.com

What the hell is the phrase "mainstream media" doing in the title?

It's front and center on CNN.com.

Those are football reasons. According to the article, the real reason is that you just can't handle the "rare and unfamiliar." (Just like transgenders. There's the subtle implication.)
In a sport so consumed by size, how could this be? How could someone with so much potential slip through the cracks?
He has no "potential"... that is the only thing I was responding to.

It's front and center on CNN.com.

You linked to thelab.bleacherreport.com and other posters were expected to visit mainstream media sites to confirm your claim?

Ok........

You linked to thelab.bleacherreport.com and other posters were expected to visit mainstream media sites to confirm your claim?

Ok........

That link was front and center on CNN. They are affiliated.

That link was front and center on CNN. They are affiliated.

And what if liberals are not fungible and only a fraction of them happen to go to cnn.com?

You made a series of assumptions that appear irrational. Just post a link next time...

Back
Top Bottom