• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The 911 Hard Hat Pledge

Scarecrow Akhbar

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
The 911 Hard Hat Pledge
Here are the names of union and non-union tradesman who refuse towork the site of the proposed Ground Zero Mosque. We feel we have been betrayed by our civic leaders and elected officials as they allow the Cordoba Initiative Group build their Mega-Mosque on top of the ashes of the 3,ooo innocents who were slaughtered on 911.

The attackers yelled “Allah Ahkbar” as they destroyed our symbols of economic power and liberty filled with Americans.

Across the world and even in our own neighborhoods Muslims celebrated in the streets as the nation grieved like never before. The Imam Feisal Rauff leader of the Cordoba Initiative days after the attacks on 60 minutes called the United States an accessory to the crime and for all intents and purposes Osama Bin Laden was made in the U.S.A. This is the man responsible for the project to build this Mosque of tolerance and peace. He has refused to condem Hamas and the Muslim Brotherhood as terrorist organizations and will not reveal the massive funding he needs to complete the project these facts cast a dark shadow over the Imam’s true intentions.

My fellow Americans stand together and pledge not to work this hurtful insensitive project. Without us this sacrilige cannot be built. Let us show the younger generation what it is to be a proud American and defend those brave souls who now lie in a pit at Ground Zero unable to speak because their light was snuffed out by the worst attack in our nation’s history. Together we will achieve this.

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me, in addition to the various proposals for gay bars and bacon street vending at the mosque, lets have some old fashioned picket lines, too.

The 911 Hard Hat Pledge

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me, in addition to the various proposals for gay bars and bacon street vending at the mosque, lets have some old fashioned picket lines, too.

If they can get the Unions, not just the hard hats behind this, then no, it will never be built.

As a licensed plumber I took the pledge. They couldn't pay me enough to work on there victory mosque.

The 911 Hard Hat Pledge

This is dumb.
These people didn't do anything to anyone.

I'd work for them just to spite you all.

So many people taking so much joy in disallowing American citizens from enacting their protected civil rights.

#1 - It's 2 blocks from Ground Zero - so it's not a "Ground Zero Mosque".

#2 - It's an Islamic Community Center that include - along with prayer space - a basketball court, a theater, and is open to the entire public. Thus, it is not only NOT a "Ground Zero Mosque" because it's not at Ground Zero, it's also not even a Mosque - no more than St. Mary's Hospital is a Church because it has a chapel in it.

#3 - This is a yet another instance of Conservatives (and wimpy a-holes like Harry Reid) reveling in the restriction of someone's rights. Gotta take away the rights of gays in California to marry; gotta prevent Muslims from building a Community Center; gotta take citizenship rights away from immigrants.

The only threat to freedom I see comes from the likes of Newt Gingrich, Sarah Palin, Michele Bachmann, and their supporters.

If you are against this, then you are in favor of any group preventing the construction of any building on private land anywhere simply because they might take offense to it. Go ahead. Open that can of worms.

It will very likely get built and there will be people who will build it - in a down economy (especially for construction workers), intelligent beings will take the money.

So its like a YMCA or a JCC?

Well, the YMCA is no longer really associated with christianity these days.

Since when have the "conservatives" of the US been so concerned about being politically correct and so concerned about the "feeling of people"

This is really a case of all muslims being blamed

So many people taking so much joy in disallowing American citizens from enacting their protected civil rights.

The government's not involved in denying them their freedom to build, and as far as I know, I haven't heard anyone say that the fed should get involved in denying them the right to build. This is not a first ammendment issue, just as the Laura Schlessinger situation was not a first ammendment issue. In both cases they are free to go forward, in both cases they will have to suffer the peoples opinion for the decisions they made. People that disagree have the right to express that disagreement.

#2 - It's an Islamic Community Center that include - along with prayer space - a basketball court, a theater, and is open to the entire public. Thus, it is not only NOT a "Ground Zero Mosque" because it's not at Ground Zero, it's also not even a Mosque - no more than St. Mary's Hospital is a Church because it has a chapel in it.

Will muslims be entering the site to pray and worship their God? If so, and they will be, it fits the very definition of mosque. We have a mega church by us. It contains swimming pools, gymnasium, restaraunts, etc, etc. While it can be more than just a church, it is still a church. By the same token this building can be more than just a mosque, but it will be a mosque.

Rauf has even stated that one of the reasons this building was necessary was that other mosques in the area were rather full, and this would be able to take in that overflow.

Last edited:
This is dumb.
These people didn't do anything to anyone.

I'd work for them just to spite you all.

A) They're attempting to build a victory Mosque at ground zero.

B) This man said that the U.S. was an accessory to 9-11 and that OBL was made in the USA less than 3 weeks after the attacks, he has called for a Sharia compiant US, and refuses to condemn Hamas as a terrorist organization. He is an Islamist POS, I'm so sick of you people trying to paint all Muslims as peace loving and tolerant.

Even if you take rauf's reasons for building the mosque as true (which I don't necessarily, but..) groups that will pledge funding to the mosque (i've heard him say he wouldn't turn down funding from SA or Iran) will be providing funding almost certainly for that reason.

#1 - It's 2 blocks from Ground Zero - so it's not a "Ground Zero Mosque".

It's not 2 blocks away from Ground Zero it is part and parcel to Ground Zero as it was struck by landing gear from one of the planes. And if this is a community center and not a Mosque then when will they be holding religious services for non-muslim members of the community? This is a community center like the Evangelical Mega-Churches are community centers.

#3 - This is a yet another instance of Conservatives (and wimpy a-holes like Harry Reid) reveling in the restriction of someone's rights. Gotta take away the rights of gays in California to marry; gotta prevent Muslims from building a Community Center; gotta take citizenship rights away from immigrants.

No this is a case of an Islamist Imam being called out for building a victory Mosque at ground zero.

The only threat to freedom I see comes from the likes of Newt Gingrich, Sarah Palin, Michele Bachmann, and their supporters.

Call me when they start calling for a Sharia Compliant US like this Imam then they can be listed at the same level enemies to liberty as this Imam.

If you are against this, then you are in favor of any group preventing the construction of any building on private land anywhere simply because they might take offense to it. Go ahead. Open that can of worms.

This is a false dichotomy. You can support their right to build while simultaneously opposing it being built.

They are not perfectly reasonable, they are complete ****ing idiots.

How are you going to turn down a good-paying job in this economy, in a city where living is expensive as hell?

I don't want to hear about a single solitary one of them applying for any kind of government benefits or unemployment. If any of them do so, when they could've made a solid paycheck in their chosen field and refused to do so, they deserve to be arrested and charged with some sort of fraud.

As a licensed plumber I took the pledge. They couldn't pay me enough to work on there victory mosque.

That's okay, if I was building a community center which was to include a holy space for prayer, I wouldn't want to pay a bigot to build it for me. :lol:

They are not perfectly reasonable, they are complete ****ing idiots.

How are you going to turn down a good-paying job in this economy, in a city where living is expensive as hell?

I don't want to hear about a single solitary one of them applying for any kind of government benefits or unemployment. If any of them do so, when they could've made a solid paycheck in their chosen field and refused to do so, they deserve to be arrested and charged with some sort of fraud.

Their conscious simply won't allow themselves to help build a victory Mosque at Ground Zero. For some principles are more important than money. But I'm quite sure that you would support denal of unemployment benefits to Muslims who refuse to work in a pig processing plant.

That's okay, if I was building a community center which was to include a holy space for prayer, I wouldn't want to pay a bigot to build it for me. :lol:

Call me when they start offering prayer services for non-Muslim members of the Community then you can call it a community center but until then it's a Mosque. This is a community center like the Evangelical Mega-Churches are community centers. :roll:

Listen, Agent Ferris, you're on my ignore list. Whenever you reply to anything I say, you're either wasting your keystrokes or committing a lie by omission (by making it look like you actually have a point worth making to which I am somehow unable to respond).

I just figured I'd point that out.

Listen, Agent Ferris, you're on my ignore list. Whenever you reply to anything I say, you're either wasting your keystrokes or committing a lie by omission (by making it look like you actually have a point worth making to which I am somehow unable to respond).

I just figured I'd point that out.

I understand that wish to deny these men and women their right to refuse to build the victory Mosque through state coercion. Ignoring me won't change the fact that you're a hypocrite.

You have no proof of this and it's pure speculation without evidence.

B) This man said that the U.S. was an accessory to 9-11 and that OBL was made in the USA less than 3 weeks after the attacks, he has called for a Sharia compiant US, and refuses to condemn Hamas as a terrorist organization. He is an Islamist POS, I'm so sick of you people trying to paint all Muslims as peace loving and tolerant.

He has all the right in the world to express his opinion on the subject, even when it pierces your thin skin.
He has also worked with other religious denominations in an interfaith manner.

Sorry, all your conclusions are hyperbolic.

Last edited:
The 911 Hard Hat Pledge

Is it just me, or will this simply ensure that the mosque is built by Muslim contractors, thus further giving rightwing pundits the chance to complain that 'they're not even paying honest Americans to do their work'? Talk about devisive...

Oh, and what Muslims were there who were celebrating in the streets in the US? From what I recall, the vast majority were condemning the attacks and fearing a backlash - one which only now seems to be uncoiling. It seems I recall correctly.

Back
Top Bottom