• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The 63 House Republicans who voted against placing statues (Sandra Day O'Connor & Ruth Bader Ginsburg) in the US Capitol

Why would they have a statue at the capital? I could see putting them up at the court but not at the capital building

Very surprised not to see Gym Jordan's or Madison Cawthorne's name on that list.

Which States are donating them?
Currently, I believe there are 100, 2 from each State, so will each State with 2 now be allowed to donate a third?
Or will they replace an existing statue from the contributing States?

Why would they have a statue at the capital? I could see putting them up at the court but not at the capital building
Checking further, it appears there are only 98, Florida and Virginia each having only 1.
Perhaps Marshall should be returned to the Capital building, and the Supreme Court should not have ANY statue other than the two fictional male and female statues at its location.
But, isn't Sandra Day O'Connor still living?
In the meantime what progress is Congress making on our tax and immigration laws, have they become less important issues? They remain very high on my list of issues needing attention.
Politicians wouldn't have to spend as much time campaigning for reelection if they would start spending time on resolving issues. I usually look at what they've done and not so much at what they say they will do,

Checking further, it appears there are only 98, Florida and Virginia each having only 1.
Perhaps Marshall should be returned to the Capital building, and the Supreme Court should not have ANY statue other than the two fictional male and female statues at its location.
In the meantime what progress is Congress making on our tax and immigration laws, have they become less important issues? They remain very high on my list of issues needing attention.
Politicians wouldn't have to spend as much time campaigning for reelection if they would start spending time on resolving issues. I usually look at what they've done and not so much at what they say they will do,
You’re probably asking the wrong person because I just can’t seem to care about this. There are any number of more import and pressing issues that can be dealt with than some statues.

You’re probably asking the wrong person because I just can’t seem to care about this. There are any number of more import and pressing issues that can be dealt with than some statues.
Sadly political forums don't appear to be the place to discuss them in a way seeking to resolve such issues.

Sadly political forums don't appear to be the place to discuss them in a way seeking to resolve such issues.
Maybe we can at least agree to get those 2 States to remove statues of traitors.

Yes. She's 92 years old. But still alive.

Traitors?
Virginia - George Washington
Florida - John Gorrie
I was speaking of the statues of Confederate leaders. You do consider those people traitors, right?

I was speaking of the statues of Confederate leaders. You do consider those people traitors, right?
Let's stay on the threads topic of statues in the White House.

Let's stay on the threads topic of statues in the White House.
Capital.

"I'll use tonight's vote to remind everyone that the states of Mississippi & Georgia still have statues in the U.S. Capitol honoring the leaders of the Confederacy, Jefferson Davis & Alexander Hamilton Stephens."

Capital.

"I'll use tonight's vote to remind everyone that the states of Mississippi & Georgia still have statues in the U.S. Capitol honoring the leaders of the Confederacy, Jefferson Davis & Alexander Hamilton Stephens."
Yes, the Capital.

I'm not a historical vindictive person.

so you're okay with traitors still having statues in our Capital?
I'm perfectly okay with having statues of the two you mentioned in the Capital. When will their trials begin charging them as traitors? Perhaps I will change my mind after they have been convicted.
Have you any comments about the thread topic?

I'm perfectly okay with having statues of the two you mentioned in the Capital.
That's quite interesting. They are traitors to the United States who ordered the killing of US military members.

I'm glad you stated where you stand on traitors.

That's quite interesting. They are traitors to the United States who ordered the killing of US military members.

I'm glad you stated where you stand on traitors.
You seem unwilling or unable to understand this threads topic.

The comment by Dupree about the Confederate statues is just so damn funny...
How many Dems would vote against an Antonin Scalia statue being put up?

Back
Top Bottom