• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"The 500-Year Old Butt Song From Hell"

nota bene

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
"The Garden of Earthly Delights" is a triptych by Hieronymus Bosch housed at the Prado, and it's a painting I and sister have been enthralled with since our childhoods. (What kid wouldn't be? Naked people pulling flowers out of each others butts and better!)

Here is the link to the work, and in the final panel, "Hell," you'll see in the left foreground a strange lute/harp hybrid, underneath which is a naked guy. On his butt are written musical notes, and an Oklahoma Christian undergrad decided to transcribe the notes. The Garden of Earthly Delights Triptych - The Collection - Museo Nacional del Prado

My sister texted me tonight and said she'd first heard of this on Facebook (sigh, of course) and to just Google, so I did. Here is one adaption:

Listen to Bosch's 500-Year-Old Butt Song - artnet News
Hieronymus Bosch painting has a hidden musical score on a man's bum | Daily Mail Online

What do you think of the melody? Why didn't anybody investigate the notes for over 500 years? Was Bosch himself the composer, or was it a friend? Will musical sleuths track this down now?

"The Garden of Earthly Delights" is a triptych by Hieronymus Bosch housed at the Prado, and it's a painting I and sister have been enthralled with since our childhoods. (What kid wouldn't be? Naked people pulling flowers out of each others butts and better!)

Here is the link to the work, and in the final panel, "Hell," you'll see in the left foreground a strange lute/harp hybrid, underneath which is a naked guy. On his butt are written musical notes, and an Oklahoma Christian undergrad decided to transcribe the notes. The Garden of Earthly Delights Triptych - The Collection - Museo Nacional del Prado

My sister texted me tonight and said she'd first heard of this on Facebook (sigh, of course) and to just Google, so I did. Here is one adaption:

Hieronymus Bosch painting has a hidden musical score on a man's bum | Daily Mail Online

What do you think of the melody? Why didn't anybody investigate the notes for over 500 years? Was Bosch himself the composer, or was it a friend? Will musical sleuths track this down now?

I was prepared to say the song sounds like Bosch pulled it out of his ass but it's not bad, nota. I like it. Butt why was it written and what was the inspiration for it?

Interesting.

I was prepared to say the song sounds like Bosch pulled it out of his ass but it's not bad, nota. I like it. Butt why was it written and what was the inspiration for it?

Interesting.

No clue. I hope musical sleuths are on the job. The young lady has already expressed regrets for the musical title, and I hope she changes it. Yes, the title has helped this go viral, but I think the work itself deserves better.

Why did nobody play with these notes before now?! Mystery!

No clue. I hope musical sleuths are on the job. The young lady has already expressed regrets for the musical title, and I hope she changes it. Yes, the title has helped this go viral, but I think the work itself deserves better.

Why did nobody play with these notes before now?! Mystery!

I am intrigued. Can you imagine the feeling upon discovering something like this?

Yes, the title gave the story legs. But that's a good thing. People who are interested will be and others will pass it by.

Thanks, nota

Weird.

I like it...though I doubt people's butts smelled like flowers back then...maybe that's what the song is about...wishful thinking...:2razz:

Back
Top Bottom