• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The 35 most outrageous lines from Donald Trump's Super Bowl interview

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
The 35 most outrageous lines from Donald Trump's Super Bowl interview

1549278046.jpg

Trump with 'Face the Nation' anchor Margaret Brennan.

2/4/19
In retrospect, President Donald Trump's interview with CBS News' Margaret Brennan was the most entertaining part of the Super Bowl. Trump was his usual self -- making a series of fact-challenged (and fact-free) claims, musing on his own greatness and playing the role he was born to play: Being Donald Trump. CBS released the full transcript of Trump's interview -- and I went through it. Below, the most noteworthy of lines.

continued @ the link above

Some of my favorites.....

2. "And this really is an invasion of our country by human traffickers."
Ask yourself this: If Trump really views the stream of undocumented immigrants into the country as "an invasion" and a national emergency along the lines of a major natural disaster, then why would he give Congress three weeks to figure out some solution? If we are truly being "invaded," shouldn't we be acting now out of fear for our lives? So why hasn't Trump acted yet? [whispers] Because this isn't an actual national emergency.

9. "We have very fast airplanes. We have very good cargo planes."
This is the President of the United States' answer when asked what would happen if ISIS surged in areas where he is pulling out troops. "Very fast airplanes."

15. "I disagree with them."
It's OK for Trump to disagree with intelligence officials about Iran. But what is he basing his conclusions on? Because they are basing theirs on actual intelligence.

20. "Like with General Mattis, I wasn't happy with his service. I told him give me a letter."
Former Defense Secretary James Mattis said that he resigned out of principle -- due to disagreements with Trump on his vision for the US's role in the world. Trump is saying he fired Mattis because he asked him to resign, aka "I told him give me a letter."

25. "Well, look, the Russia thing is a hoax. I have been tougher on Russia than any president, maybe ever."
First of all, it's very debatable whether Trump has been harder on Russia than any president ever. Second, whether he has or has not been harder on Russia than any other president has NOTHING to do with Russia interfering in the 2016 election. Trump has never seemed to understand the difference.

30. "It's totally up to the attorney general. Totally up to the attorney general."
This is important. Brennan gives Trump the chance to say that, yes, the Mueller report should be released to the public. Trump purposely doesn't go there. Ask yourself this: If Trump is truly totally innocent and all of this is a big, fat nothing-burger, wouldn't it be in his interest to push for the entire Mueller report to be public, so he can be completely exonerated?

31. "Even the Mueller report said it had nothing to do with the campaign."
The Mueller report hasn't come out yet.

32. "There was no collusion. There was no obstruction. There was no nothing."
Not accurate. To reiterate: 199 criminal charges of 39 people and entities. Seven people who have pleaded guilty. Four people who have been sentenced to jail. And, Manafort, who was convicted by a jury.

And this is why the right can't argue with a leftist. Facts destroy the image of the donald the right sees in their collective heads.
Facts and context, but, yes.

And this is why the right can't argue with a leftist. Facts destroy the image of the donald the right sees in their collective heads.
CNN and facts rarely inhabit the same time and space.

There was NOTHING "OUTRAGEOUS" in what he said, and it was the President CITING THE FACTS.

Please SPECIFY what you consider "outrageous".

Great list. Good read.

One of my favorite moments from the idiot included this:

“President Bush had intel people that said Saddam Hussein in Iraq had nuclear weapons. Guess what? Those intel people didn’t know what the hell they were doing, and they got us tied up in a war that we should have never been in.”

Dumbass seems to forget that he made the man who is literally known as "The architect of the Iraq War" as his National Security Adviser.

Great list. Good read.

One of my favorite moments from the idiot included this:

“President Bush had intel people that said Saddam Hussein in Iraq had nuclear weapons. Guess what? Those intel people didn’t know what the hell they were doing, and they got us tied up in a war that we should have never been in.”

Dumbass seems to forget that he made the man who is literally known as "The architect of the Iraq War" as his National Security Adviser.

So his statement WAS NOT OUTRAGEOUS , after all.

And, I don't recall him nominating Colin Powell, Donald Rumsfeld, Gen.Franks or Petreaus to anything.

Please SPECIFY which of his statement were "outrageous".

More FAKE NEWS/LYINGLEFT BULL****.

There is NOTHING OUTRAGEOUS in what the President said.

There was NOTHING "OUTRAGEOUS" in what he said, and it was the President CITING THE FACTS.

Please SPECIFY what you consider "outrageous".

The intelligence heads are wrong or misquoted, whichever you choose to believe, but everyone who watched them talking to the senate are very aware of what they said. I also wonder how the military feels about their ten percent raise?

That's a pretty broad brush. Not all of the right believes his bull****.

Actually, there is.

9. "We have very fast airplanes. We have very good cargo planes."
This is the President of the United States' answer when asked what would happen if ISIS surged in areas where he is pulling out troops. "Very fast airplanes."

that's a pretty ****ing stupid statement.

This may be true but how many still put party above country and voted for him knowing what kind of person he is. Anything or anyone except a democrat. Roy Moore, need I say Moore?

CNN and facts rarely inhabit the same time and space.

CNN did not photoshop Trump or what he was saying. Actual video recordings of him saying stuff is fake news too now?

This may be true but how many still put party above country and voted for him knowing what kind of person he is. Anything or anyone except a democrat. Roy Moore, need I say Moore?

And the left never puts party above country? They never vote Democrat, just because they are a Democrat?

The vast majority do. In the latest poll before the SOTU speech, 40% of the nation still supports him. Among registered republicans, that number still stands around 80-85% That really is mind boggling and very dispiriting to see such a huge contingent of deporables in our country. But facts are facts. So no, the brush is not too broad.

After the insults on McCain, the comments about grabbing women's private parts, talk of a "Muslim ban" on travel for people just because of their religion, contradicting his own intel chiefs over actual threats on this country, etc, etc.... the question becomes: is there anything he could possibly EVER say which they would consider outrageous.

I am pretty sure there isn't. This is a cult. That's how cultists worship their leader.

And the left never puts party above country? They never vote Democrat, just because they are a Democrat?

You do see how the democrats are reacting to the picture from the democratic governor of virginia? They want him out, now. Somehow or other the ***** grabber is sitting in the white house. See the difference?

You do see how the democrats are reacting to the picture from the democratic governor of virginia? They want him out, now. Somehow or other the ***** grabber is sitting in the white house. See the difference?

Why won't you answer my question?

CNN did not photoshop Trump or what he was saying. Actual video recordings of him saying stuff is fake news too now?
Not disputing what he said, I'm saying that the BS spin CNN's "expert" added is nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom