• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The 26-year-old man killed in Kenosha shooting tried to protect those around him, his girlfriend say

HenryChinaski

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Anthony Huber: 26-year-old man killed in Kenosha shooting tried to protect those around him, his girlfriend says - CNN
Anthony Huber was armed with nothing but his skateboard when he spotted an armed person among a crowded street in Kenosha, Wisconsin, but he still ran toward the danger, his girlfriend says.

"He pushed me out of the way, like he was telling Gittings says Huber launched at the armed individual to protect her and the people nearby.
"He did a ... heroic thing."
According to a criminal complaint, Huber reached for the suspect's gun with his hand while holding the skateboard in the other. As Huber tried to grab the gun, the suspect pointed it at his body and fired one round, the complaint says. Huber was seen staggering away and then fell to the ground. He died from his gunshot wound, according to the complaint.me to run off, and I tried to grab him," Hannah Gittings told CNN. "I should have been there, but there was going to be no changing his mind."
The suspect also shot and injured Grosskreutz, who approached him shortly after Huber was shot, according to the complaint.
When the suspect shot Huber, Grosskreutz froze, ducked to the ground and took a step back, according to the complaint. He puts his hands in the air and then began to move toward the suspect, the complaint says. The suspect fired one shot, hitting Grosskreutz in the arm, according to the complaint.
Grosskreutz ran away from the scene, screaming for a medic, according to the complaint.
This is what I suspected, there were individuals on the scene that instinctively reacted and tried to stop the asshole from killing anyone else.

So a child carrying an illegal firearm, actively looking to shoot someone in a different state, murders an innocent protester. Other protesters try to disarm the murderer, so he murdered some more people. This is your hero, Trumpists? Lock this bitch up.

Huber was killed as the suspect fled the scene of Rosenbaum's shooting, according to the complaint. The suspect had clashed with a crowd that was gathered near a car dealership and Rosenbaum, who was unarmed, threw an object that appeared to be a plastic bag at him and missed, according to the complaint. Rosenbaum and the suspect moved across the parking lot and appeared to be in close proximity when loud bangs suddenly rang out and Rosenbaum fell to the ground, according to the complaint. A reporter following close behind approached Rosenbaum, who was on the ground, and attempted to render aid. As Rosenbaum lay on the ground, the suspect made a call on his cellphone and said, "I just killed somebody" as he ran away, the complaint alleged.

So the disgusting sociopath murdered someone for throwing a plastic bag and missing. And only after that murder did this happen.

According to a criminal complaint, Huber reached for the suspect's gun with his hand while holding the skateboard in the other. As Huber tried to grab the gun, the suspect pointed it at his body and fired one round, the complaint says. Huber was seen staggering away and then fell to the ground. He died from his gunshot wound, according to the complaint.

And then

The suspect also shot and injured Grosskreutz, who approached him shortly after Huber was shot, according to the complaint. When the suspect shot Huber, Grosskreutz froze, ducked to the ground and took a step back, according to the complaint. He puts his hands in the air and then began to move toward the suspect, the complaint says. The suspect fired one shot, hitting Grosskreutz in the arm, according to the complaint.

He grabbed a rifle, drove across state lines to be there. He was looking to do something like this: provoke confrontations, then use the confrontation he provoked to justify using deadly force. Deadly force, against a thrown plastic bag that missed.

****ing sociopath.

Anthony Huber: 26-year-old man killed in Kenosha shooting tried to protect those around him, his girlfriend says - CNN
This is what I suspected, there were individuals on the scene that instinctively reacted and tried to stop the asshole from killing anyone else.

He took part in a mob by running down and assaulting a kid. Yeah. He's a hero. :roll: Right up there with the brave men in white robes who used to hunt down black teens in the south. Heroes :roll:

Because that's what heroes do. They gang up in mobs and assault people. Because they are heroes.

what lunacy.

Hey, here's an idea. Why don't ya'll go try to make hagiography's of the guy who went in for raping a minor? That'll work, too.

Too bad he's behind bars at the moment. Trump can't parade him around the white house and give him all he can eat McDonalds.

I don’t disagree. Once the kid started shooting, there’s very little the protesters did or could do that wouldn’t be justifiable, including plugging him in the back.

So a child carrying an illegal firearm, actively looking to shoot someone in a different state, murders an innocent protester. Other protesters try to disarm the murderer, so he murdered some more people. This is your hero, Trumpists? Lock this bitch up.

You know how it goes: the targets were part of the protests, BLM (and many other groups/people) are involved in the protests, criminal elements use protests as cover to loot and burn things, therefore _____________________.

It's Aubery all over again.

He took part in a mob by running down and assaulting a kid. Yeah. He's a hero. :roll: Right up there with the brave men in white robes who used to hunt down black teens in the south. Heroes :roll:

what lunacy.
You witness someone who is clearly not a cop execute someone, maybe someone you know. Some people react and try to stop that person. It's ****ing basic human nature to protect others from danger.

Because that's what heroes do. They gang up in mobs and assault people. Because they are heroes.

what lunacy.

The target was 'on the left' and the shooter was 'on the right.' Therefore, someone throwing a plastic bag and missing justifies a shooting. Someone else trying to protect themselves and third parties from the shooter, in cpwill world, justifies further shooting. And finally, because the person who walked towards the shooter next, with arms raised, must be associated with BLM, it was cool for the shooter to shoot them in the arm. That is the only lunacy here.

I thought you were better. Guess I was wrong.

Last edited:

what lunacy.

Sorry Will, I’m not one that sees the kid as Charles Manson junior but I don’t see that as a viable comparison at all.

You witness someone who is clearly not a cop execute someone,

From that famous right wing rag the New York Times:

First shooting

While Mr. Rittenhouse is being pursued by the group, an unknown gunman fires into the air, though it’s unclear why. The weapon’s muzzle flash appears in footage filmed at the scene. Mr. Rittenhouse turns toward the sound of gunfire as another pursuer lunges toward him from the same direction. Mr. Rittenhouse then fires four times, and appears to shoot the man in the head.

Second shooting

Mr. Rittenhouse seems to make a phone call and then flees the scene. Several people chase him, some shouting, “That’s the shooter!”

As Mr. Rittenhouse is running, he trips and falls to the ground. He fires four shots as three people rush toward him. One person appears to be hit in the chest and falls to the ground. Another, who is carrying a handgun, is hit in the arm and runs away. Mr. Rittenhouse’s gunfire is mixed in with the sound of at least 16 other gunshots that ring out during this time.

Kyle was running toward the cops because he was being chased by a mob. He's running for safety because he's being chased by a violent mob. In no instance, it turns out, did Kyle shoot anyone who wasn't trying to assault him and, as soon as the people trying to assault him put their hands up and backed away, he immediately stopped shooting.

So. No. Anthony Huber tried to assault someone, and it turned out that, unlike elderly people owners his compatriots were beating elsewhere, he assaulted someone who was capable and willing to the task of defending himself.

If Anthony was interested in protecting people in danger, he would have been trying to stop the crowd from going after Kyle to begin with.

I realize ya'll think that Kyle Has To Be Wrong, because everyone's instincts are to immediately go to our tribal corners, and you are instinctively on the side of those who are setting buildings on fire and attacking people in the streets, but :sorry not sorry: :shrug:

While we discuss this specific incident, I think it's very important to keep a broader perspective in mind.

What we are witnesses is a cold second Civil War becoming a hot one.

These types of incidents between militias/Trump supporters and protesters will increase.

As we sort out this incident, and argue about it, we should also think about how we might discourage these events from taking place in the future.

The reason why Kyle Rittenhouse was there was that a militia group put out a call to arms on Facebook.

Both Kyle Rittenhouse and the people he shot were in violation of the curfew.

of course it's their hero. look who he was hunting.

Sorry Will, I’m not one that sees the kid as Charles Manson junior but I don’t see that as a viable comparison at all.

The kid isn't Charles Manson. Neither is Huber. But Huber definitely decided to take part in a violent mob in ganging up on and assaulting the Other. In Alabama, we are well familiar with that activity, and the kinds of people who take part in it. Heroes they ain't.

While we discuss this specific incident, I think it's very important to keep a broader perspective in mind.

What we are witnesses is a cold second Civil War becoming a hot one.

These types of incidents between militias/Trump supporters and protesters will increase.

As we sort out this incident, and argue about it, we should also think about how we might discourage these events from taking place in the future.

If government refuses to protect property and public saftey, eventually, citizens will start doing so through vigilante action.

If we want to avoid these confrontations in the future, then local government needs to start putting down its local insurrections, instead of "giving people space to destroy".

Kyle was running toward the cops because he was being chased by a mob. He's running for safety because he's being chased by a violent mob. In no instance, it turns out, did Kyle shoot anyone who wasn't trying to assault him and, as soon as the people trying to assault him put their hands up and backed away, he immediately stopped shooting.

So. No. Anthony Huber tried to assault someone, and it turned out that, unlike elderly people owners his compatriots were beating elsewhere, he assaulted someone who was capable and willing to the task of defending himself.

If Anthony was interested in protecting people in danger, he would have been trying to stop the crowd from going after Kyle to begin with.

I realize ya'll think that Kyle Has To Be Wrong, because everyone's instincts are to immediately go to our tribal corners, and you are instinctively on the side of those who are setting buildings on fire and attacking people in the streets, but :sorry not sorry: :shrug:
Running towards cops that he walks right by without requesting assistance, he says nothing, he just goes home. **** he was so in fear of his life that he had time to call someone on his mobile phone and brag that he just killed someone. Then after kills the individual trying to stop him from harming anyone else.

I feel your pain here. No matter what you site to prove it, they’d rather stick with their dishonest narrative.

Running towards cops that he walks right by without requesting assistance, he says nothing, he just goes home.

:) Again, from that right wing source, the New York Times:

...Mr. Rittenhouse walks with his hands up toward the police vehicles. Bystanders call out to the officers that he had just shot people. The police drive by him without stopping...

:shrug: kid gets up after the incident, continues to move to the cops with his hands up, and cops ignored him.

So, yeah. Sorry for your narrative, but, again, from the evidence that is available, in no instance, it turns out, did Kyle shoot anyone who wasn't trying to assault him and, as soon as the people trying to assault him put their hands up and backed away, he immediately stopped shooting.

"We Are Just An Innocent Mob Out Here Burning Buildings And Chasing Down Kids Desperately Trying To Run To The Safety Of The Cops" isn't exactly an good Hero narrative, there, big guy.

Oh HEY. Why don't ya'll try to buff up the guy who raped underage women, or the guy who beat them? Those were swell Innocent Heroes too, right?

Last edited:
I feel your pain here. No matter what you site to prove it, they’d rather stick with their dishonest narrative.

:( we live in stupid times :(

His g/f is lying her ass off. Huber, a violent convict, employed deadly force against a minor. He was a piece of ****.

I don’t disagree. Once the kid started shooting, there’s very little the protesters did or could do that wouldn’t be justifiable, including plugging him in the back.

The kid only started shooting because the child molestors attacked him with a fire bomb. He shot those other two assholes when they chased him down and used deadly force against him.

:) Again, from that right wing source, the New York Times

:shrug: kid gets up, continues to move to the cops with his hands up, and cops ignored him.

So, yeah. Sorry for your narrative, but, again, from the evidence that is available, in no instance, it turns out, did Kyle shoot anyone who wasn't trying to assault him and, as soon as the people trying to assault him put their hands up and backed away, he immediately stopped shooting.

"We Are Just An Innocent Mob Out Here Burning Buildings And Chasing Down Kids Desperately Trying To Run To The Safety Of The Cops" isn't exactly an Innocent Hero narrative.

Oh HEY. Why don't ya'll try to buff up the guy who raped underage women, or the guy who beat them? Those were swell Innocent Heroes too, right?

The kid left the scene of a homicide that he caused, slipped right by authorities without saying a word. Didn't even bother to call EMS for help, Instead he calls someone and brags about killing someone. And was this kid ****ing psychic? He somehow knew the past of the individual that he executed?

The kid only started shooting because the child molestors attacked him with a fire bomb. He shot those other two assholes when they chased him down and used deadly force against him.
You cannot be this ignorant.

:( we live in stupid times :(

It’s like day-yum. You can still hate the shooter and want him to fry without lying about what happened.

Back
Top Bottom