• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The 2020 presidential election wasn’t really that close.

Do you really understand how individual American citizens view, process, and make conclusions politically? I doubt it.

As I do not presume to Understand the citizens of your country and their personal political beliefs.

So please go ahead and join the debate, but keep your vile attacks to yourself
I’d say regardless of where you’re from , if you believe in democracy you come down like a ton of bricks on those that seek to subvert it. Reading liberal posts on this site it is clear that some here couldn’t give a flying **** about fraud in this election...as long as their side wins. There is clear evidence of fraud in this election...if you don’t see it that is because you don’t want to . Goodnight.

I don't believe an incumbent has been so humiliated by the popular vote since Herbert Hoover in 1932.
Well , Powell reckons Trump won by over 10, 000,000 votes...the same amount you reckon Biden beat Obama by lol. 🤣😂

I’d say regardless of where you’re from , if you believe in democracy you come down like a ton of bricks on those that seek to subvert it. Reading liberal posts on this site it is clear that some here couldn’t give a flying **** about fraud in this election...as long as their side wins. There is clear evidence of fraud in this election...if you don’t see it that is because you don’t want to . Goodnight.

Do you even know the nuances between; Far left- Liberal- Democrat- Center Democrat.

Democrats that believe in some liberal ideas, but also believe in fiscal responsibility

Liberals that are against Women's choice on abortion

Above are the diverse individual beliefs that are found in person that mainly vote Blue, and yes have voted Red at times.

So, by you using the label "liberal posts", you absolutely have no clue on individual American political beliefs and ideals.

Actually, your motivation here appears to be to inflame, not debate

And Michigan certifies Biden.

The irony of this. It is the left trying to subvert democracy? That's about as dumb as Hitler calling out FDR for being a racist.

BTW- you know the judges in all the cases that team Trump filed have been begging to see all this "clear evidence of fraud." Why are the cases getting dismissed one after another with the court scolding Trump for not presenting any viable evidence? Seriously, where is it? And why is the Trump team doing such a great job of keeping it secret?

Your numbers are irrelevant.

But you are correct. The election wasn't really that close. Trump was winning by a landslide until the Trump haters kicked in with their election fraud tactics.
Have you seen the Kraken?

But you are correct. The election wasn't really that close. Trump was winning by a landslide until the Trump haters kicked in with their election fraud tactics.

It is going to be so much fun to watch you whine for the next 8 years.

as soon as someone proves even one case of wide spread fraud in even one state I will take your comments to heart....till then it is nothing but sour grapes from sore losers

Yet the campaign's legal team cannot prove this either legally or publicly. Don't you think that's a massive gap in credibility? I find it fascinating that something that's apparently so "clear" has not been proven in the 20+ lawsuits filed. Now the Trump campaign has thrown Powell under the bus because of her press conference rant which may as well have added Voldemort to the list of conspirators.

Powell who?

Sidney Powell, the attorney who was/wasn't a part of the Trump legal team. She's been making all sorts of bizarre claims and says he lawsuit will be of "biblical proportions". I can't wait to see what she's got, but based on what she's said thus far and the fact all of that has been debunked, I suspect this lawsuit is going to be filled with lots of hearsay but little substance.

Sidney Powell, the attorney who was/wasn't a part of the Trump legal team. She's been making all sorts of bizarre claims and says he lawsuit will be of "biblical proportions". I can't wait to see what she's got, but based on what she's said thus far and the fact all of that has been debunked, I suspect this lawsuit is going to be filled with lots of hearsay but little substance.

Big Eye said:
Well , Powell reckons Trump won by over 10, 000,000 votes.

I'm still wondering who this Powell is? A statistitian? Election official? A plain ole reconer?

Big Eye said:
Well , Powell reckons Trump won by over 10, 000,000 votes.

I'm still wondering who this Powell is? A statistitian? Election official? A plain ole reconer?

She is a lawyer who for a while, was working/associated with the Trump legal team. She made the claim about Trump winning by millions of votes but has nothing to back up her claim. At this stage, I'd say she's more a fiction writer than attorney.

I don't believe an incumbent has been so humiliated by the popular vote since Herbert Hoover in 1932.

Reagan beat Carter with 489 electoral college votes and 50.7% of the popular vote.

Biden got a larger percentage of the national popular vote than Reagan.

FDR won 57.4% of the popular vote and 472 electoral college votes.

Did she have Governor Kemp arrested yet? haven't read any reports. How's the exuming of Hugo Chaves from his grave in Caracas?

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Did she have Governor Kemp arrested yet? haven't read any reports.

I'm not sure. Rumor has it she's flying in to arrest him with SEAL Team Six at the local Denny's. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

How's the exuming of Hugo Chaves from his grave in Caracas?

Oh, haven't you heard? Chavez has been walking among us for several years now. He's actually leader of all the dead voters who cast their ballots for Biden.

The 2020 presidential election wasn’t really that close.

Right now, Joe Biden’s popular-vote lead over Trump stands at 4 percentage points, 51 percent to 47 percent — and it’s only going to grow once more of New York’s votes (finally) get counted.

That would give Biden the second-largest popular vote margin out of the 21st century’s six presidential elections, with only Barack Obama’s 7-point win in 2008 being greater.

When it comes to the Electoral College, the tally stands at Biden 306, Trump 232 – which happens to be the exact same split as Trump’s 2016 win versus Hillary Clinton (but in reverse). And Trump referred to that as a “massive landslide victory.”

Biden’s ahead by 154,000 votes in Michigan (greater than Trump’s 10,000-vote winning margin there in 2016).

He’s ahead by 81,000 votes in Pennsylvania (nearly twice Trump’s 44,000-vote win there four years ago).

And he’s ahead by more than 20,000 votes in Wisconsin (almost the same as Trump’s 23,000-vote victory there in 2016).

On top of those leads, Biden also narrowly flipped the traditionally GOP-leanings states of Arizona and Georgia.

306-232 is only the projected total. In 2016, Trump won 304 electoral college votes to 227. 7 electors voted for somebody else. Colin Powell came in third place with 3 electoral college votes. John Kasich, Ron Paul, Bernie Sanders and Spotted Eagle won 1 electoral college vote.

I would classify Biden's projected electoral college victory as a solid one. On one hand, he got over 51% of the popular vote and set the record for the most votes cast in a presidential election. On the other hand, 306 range puts him at 46th or 47th as far as electoral college margin of victory.

Wait, so the fact Republicans mainly voted in person while Democrats chose postal voting doesn't factor into that shift? This was common knowledge given the polling on how people were choosing to vote. Your comment sound like "And our team would have won had our opponents not scored a last minute goal".
It's t like Trump was saying 'do not vote by mail' , and then when his devotees didn't vote by mail, and in many cases, did not even show up, things happened.

You're just phoning it in now.

You're no good at improvising.

Yet the campaign's legal team cannot prove this either legally or publicly. Don't you think that's a massive gap in credibility? I find it fascinating that something that's apparently so "clear" has not been proven in the 20+ lawsuits filed. Now the Trump campaign has thrown Powell under the bus because of her press conference rant which may as well have added Voldemort to the list of conspirators.
last I heard, it was 34.

I agree, the presidential race wasn't all that close. Biden is more or less a decisive winner. What was close was the house races where the GOP will have at least a net gain of 9 with 5 left to be decided. Current count is 222 Democrat, 208 Republican, last election. 236 Democrats, 199 Republican. Also pending the final vote count, subject to change it's Democratic congressional candidates 48.8%, Republican congressional candidates 48.4%. Now that's close. Although the presidential races wasn't all that close, Biden winning by 5 million plus votes, Biden became the first presidential candidate to win the popular vote and the presidency while losing house seats since 1884. Biden had no, zero none, nadda, coat tails to bring along other democrats down ballot.

For me, this election was all about getting rid of Trump. It gave neither party a mandate or endorsed or rejected either party's agenda, ideals, political ideology. It was a split decision, Democrats winning the presidency, Republicans winning down ballot.
I think a lot of those Biden votes had all republicans downticket. All over the country. It's what I would do if I had a president that I couldn't tolerate. Vote against him, vote republican downticket as a bulwark against the democrats.

So our legislative races were actually competitive and the presidential tally is aberrant because trump turned out to be aberrant, IMO.

OF course, the one thing that you don't seem to be able to do with this claim is , you know, show the evidence. Amazing how that happens. All the Republicans would have to do is actually SHOW the evidence, in court. It wasn't done. They had the opportunity to, if they had the evidence they claimed they had.

Back
Top Bottom