• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The 2020 DNC roll call

Phys251

Purge evil with Justice
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Best for either party in decades. :thumbs:

OMG, the Main Party sure does love its pomp and ceremony, lol.

I have a hard time making through their heavily produced and scripted dog & pony shows.

What a nail-biter. Who thought Biden would pull off the win in the end?

I thought the roll call was great. It gave the delegates a chance to showcase their state...which is something you didn't see at the old style conventions.

Best for either party in decades. :thumbs:

I watched, and I very much agree! I became spell-bound by seeing the hugely diverse participants in their home geography, dressing in their local home attire. It was fantastic! Nothing, I believe, exemplified the Dem big-tent aspect as well as that segment.

I do hope they stay with that format. It was the highlight of the night, IMHO. Good job Dems!

What a nail-biter. Who thought Biden would pull off the win in the end?

You're missing the point. Instead of a convention hall filled with people in funny hats, we got to see the 50 states, with its beauty, scenery, local costume and cows!

I thought the roll call was great. It gave the delegates a chance to showcase their state...which is something you didn't see at the old style conventions.
Bingo. The visuals, seeing them in their home locale, was gorgeous. I was totally re-educated in what I already knew, but had forgotten:

"Were a hella' diverse nation!"

Damn, we really are!

You're missing the point. Instead of a convention hall filled with people in funny hats, we got to see the 50 states, with its beauty, scenery, local costume and cows!

LOL. Cue the fife music. I've been to most of the 50 states and I already know they are beautiful. But I'll pass of watching a bunch of annoying political operatives declaring "orange man bad" and trying to pretend they are excited about having to vote for Sleepy Joe.

I can watch numerous travelogues on Youtube at will without the political hackery.

Yes, the dress! Seeing the difference in dress between MASS, and KS, and the Pacific Protectorates, was pretty wild. Everyone wearing the garb that typifies their state. And better yet, everyone so different coming together.

I really felt pride in my re-joining the Party. I know I made the right choice.

I was a little disappointed in the lack of scenery, local costumes, or even corn in the Nebraska segement but it was still great just to see all the diversity and greatness that is our country.

LOL. Cue the fife music. I've been to most of the 50 states and I already know they are beautiful. But I'll pass of watching a bunch of annoying political operatives declaring "orange man bad" and trying to pretend they are excited about having to vote for Sleepy Joe.

I can watch numerous travelogues on Youtube at will without the political hackery.
You're missing what's going-on, here. We Dems are excited about the restoration of our democratic principles. It's not about a person, but about the country & it's guiding principles.

We're restoring America's greatness. Joe is the implement to begin that journey. Yes, we love him. But we love our country and democratic principles more. That is what excites us, not person or personality.

There is much, much, more here, than Joe Biden.

I was a little disappointed in the lack of scenery, local costumes, or even corn in the Nebraska segement but it was still great just to see all the diversity and greatness that is our country.
But I liked that. They didn't portray themselves in a stereotyped costume of some long passed era. Rather, they wore what their everyday citizens regularly wear today.

You're missing what's going-on, here. We Dems are excited about the restoration of our democratic principles. It's not about a person, but about the country & it's guiding principles.

We're restoring America's greatness. Joe is the implement to begin that journey. Yes, we love him. But we love our country and democratic principles more. That is what excites us, not person or personality.

There is much, much, more here, than Joe Biden.

There's enthusiasm on both sides. Of course lot more on the GOP side, which will likely increase after theie convention next week.

I wonder if the GOP will do the same thing where they trot out random people in front of beautiful scenery to shill for Trump.

StrongEnthusiasm_v01_DP_1597678707406_hpEmbed_1x1_608.jpg

Election advantage stays with Biden; enthusiasm deficit eases, but remains: POLL - ABC News

There's enthusiasm on both sides. Of course lot more on the GOP side, which will likely increase after theie convention next week.

I wonder if the GOP will do the same thing where they trot out random people in front of beautiful scenery to shill for Trump.

The problem is, how do they get the 5 minorities in America that support Trump to all those different states for the roll call in just one day?

Election advantage stays with Biden; enthusiasm deficit eases, but remains: POLL - ABC News

Maybe even get quite a few "good people" in KKK garb screaming "WHITE POWER!" sorry sorry, I almost forgot its "MAGA" now not white power right?

The problem is, how do they get the 5 minorities in America that support Trump to all those different states for the roll call in just one day?

Same way you get a Trump supporter anywhere. Either say a white person is being oppressed or a minority is overcoming it. Either one will bring them out for different reasons.

I've recently read where Trump's team felt the Dems bringing out Republicans for Biden, was an effective technique. So, they will be copying that - at least.

I've recently read where Trump's team felt the Dems bringing out Republicans for Biden, was an effective technique. So, they will be copying that - at least.

Well, if they think it'll help. I still think it's pointless pomp and manufactured enthusiasm. It's the presidential equivalent of a "man on the street" segment. You can take a film crew out and find enough dimwits to publicly agree with any notion, including that the moon is made of green cheese and should be mined to help combat food insecurity. :2razz: It makes it seem like there's a groundswell of support but it's only cherry picking the data.

Conventions stopped being deliberative bodies and became mere ratifying bodies a long time ago. There's literally zero reason to do the whole exercise.

Well, if they think it'll help. I still think it's pointless pomp and manufactured enthusiasm. It's the presidential equivalent of a "man on the street" segment. You can take a film crew out and find enough dimwits to publicly agree with any notion, including that the moon is made of green cheese and should be mined to help combat food insecurity. :2razz: It makes it seem like there's a groundswell of support but it's only cherry picking the data.

Conventions stopped being deliberative bodies and became mere ratifying bodies a long time ago. There's literally zero reason to do the whole exercise.
The media and now campaigns do it, because they believe it is effective. No idea how effective it is, but I suspect it has some (effect). And every little bit helps.

The media and now campaigns do it, because they believe it is effective. No idea how effective it is, but I suspect it has some (effect). And every little bit helps.

Who thinks this is effective? "Look honey, there's some people standing in front of a cornfield in Iowa. This Trump guy may not be so bad after all."

Maybe the GOP should have their delegates stand in front of vandalized buildings in Portland, or maybe appoint as delegates some LEOs who were permanently blinded by rioters shining lasers in their eyes to vote this or that state for Trump. "We voted for Trump because this is the alternative."

Back
Top Bottom