• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The 2012 Election: Did illegal votes make a difference?

If each voter card they gave you had your picture on it how would that be singling out anyone in particular? It would seem to solve the problem pretty easily. They do it for drivers licenses and EBT cards without much problem but it's impossible and outrageous to do it on a voter card?

They aren't offering photo's on voter ID cards. The are requiring a list of ID cards that are acceptable at polling places. Like in Texas you can use your carry permit but not your state university photo ID...yeah I'm sure there's a good reason for that. In fact nearly 11 percent of voters don't have the specific required identification in these laws...typically seniors/students/poor individuals. Not to mention bundled into these new proposed laws are reductions in the number of voting days including the elimination of Sundays which typically are "soul to poll" days for black churches. I'm sure there's a good reason for that as well. It's not like there's any cases of long lines at polling stations on voting day.

They aren't offering photo's on voter ID cards.

I understand that. What I don't understand is why when they easily do it on drivers licenses and now EBT cards. It sure would stop a lot of arguing.

And as usual you came to the wrong conclusion. 2 for 2 so far. Wanna go for the cycle?

Well done! Your use of the highly intelligent "nuh uh!" approach has magically created a shield of unicorn farts around your head that protects you from any awareness of your own distressing incompetence. Unicorn farts are impervious to anything remotely resembling logic.

There is very little evidence of widespread voter fraud, from either party.

We're not talking about the 1930s, when machine politics would shuttle voters from one polling station to the next, in exchange for favors and patronage for the locals.

If anything, gerrymandering is far more damaging to the political process these days than the (almost completely non-existent) voter fraud.

I understand that. What I don't understand is why when they easily do it on drivers licenses and now EBT cards. It sure would stop a lot of arguing.

I don't either...I actually have no problems with a state that uniformly requires ID on a voter registration card.

Of course I believe in Unicorn farts. They are the substance of your posts.

They must be highly addictive and hallucinogenic if your posts are an example of a mind on them.

They must be highly addictive and hallucinogenic if your posts are an example of a mind on them.

Nah, They're more like a broccoli enema. If they were addictive and hallucinogenic, I'd actually seek out interactions with you. Instead, I'm subjected to them.

Nah, They're more like a broccoli enema. If they were addictive and hallucinogenic, I'd actually seek out interactions with you. Instead, I'm subjected to them.

Subject to them? Is someone forcing you to keep making stupid posts?

Man you have absolutely no control over your life do you? No wonder you couldn't care less.

Subject to them?

You caught me. I was taking poetic license to illustrate the point about how you seem to seek me out in order to fail to comprehend simple English at me. I actually enjoy making fun of your inability to use English effectively.

Man you have absolutely no control over your life do you?

What does responding to somebody who has demonstrated an incompetence in the English language have to do with control over my life?

No wonder you couldn't care less.

:lol: You keep bringing this up as though it doesn't demonstrate your literacy issues, which makes me laugh.

Double votes are picked up by the system.

If you are going to influence an election, it's virtually impossible to do it by "illegal voting". Any large numbers of such votes would be red flagged for a variety of reasons depending on the nature of the fraud.

If you want to influence an election by illegal means, you purge qualified voters from the rolls right before the election, like Jeb Bush did in Florida in the 2000 election, costing Gore about 10,000 votes and an easy win. Or you set up phony registration schemes, like Romney operative Nathan Sproul did. Or you make it otherwise difficult for the poor and minorities to vote, which is the current GOP scam.

VIDEO: Republicans caught committing voter fraud, only registering Romney voters - Detroit liberal | Examiner.com

GOP registration worker charged with voter fraud - NBC Politics

Or you could register 180,000 illegal immigrants and promise to give them citizenship without punishment if they just vote for you:

180,000 non-residents could be registered to vote in Florida | jacksonville.com

That's just one state...a swing state...how many more could there be?

If these people are illegals ....it begs the question ...why should the GOP fear them in any election?

I have to ask anybody in this forum who isn't illegal and support any amnesty bill....what the F$#CK is in it for you?
The DEMS have a lock on the black vote and have somehow convinced them that what they need is another 11M Latinos with them in the unemployment line...go figure.

After 5 years of Obama blacks have ~ 20% unemployment...and they are even worse off than the illegal Latinos!!
Obama ....not satisfied ...found it necessary to publicly tell the black graduating class in Atlanta ...that they have to work TWICE as hard to get the same as their white counter-part.

Nobody is against encouraging kids to work hard....but that's a private conversation a black Parent should have with his son in telling him about the baked in inequities in the American society. That's not something a sitting President should say ....because guess what .....white folks also heard it...and if that's the expectation ....SO BE IT!!

Somebody tell me why we need more people with a double digit unemployment rate? The Latinos are why the health care system is failing.....you can't have a system where only one in ten customer....is a paying customer!!!

:lol: You keep bringing this up as though it doesn't demonstrate your literacy issues, which makes me laugh.

Well it doesn't take much to make an idiot laugh so it's not much trouble to brighten your day.

It was more than it was worth but I could care less if you like.

I don't care how much you care, which is why I couldn't care less. I do, however, feel that you should cease to put any effort at all into your responses as it would probably result in a significant increase in quality if you stopped trying and simply allowed some form of stream-of-consciousness gobbledygook to spew forth onto the screen.

I don't care how much you care, which is why I couldn't care less.

Well at least you care. Too bad you are no in control of your own self to care less. Since I can care less I will and end this nonsense that you are incapable of ending. No thanks necessary from you.

Well at least you care.

Where on earth did you get the silly idea that I care? Was it from the exact opposite of that being explicitly stated? You never have trouble comprehending what you read, though, do you? :lol:

Since I can care less I will and end this nonsense that you are incapable of ending.

This reminds me of the story of Ninny, the cognitively-challenged aardvark. See, Ninny felt sad because all of the other aardvarks would say things which befuddled Ninny's addled, swiss cheese-like mind. Things like "2+2=4" and "You can use context to understand what a person is saying". But Ninny was unaware of his own mind-numbing stupidity, so he had convinced himself of things like "2 + 2 = watermelon fruit smoothie" and that context was when something was explicitly stated in a sentence and required you to ignore any and every thing that actually qualifies as context. As you can see, Ninny really was a terribly cognitively challenged aardvark. But his ignorance of his own stupidity caused him to tell all of the other aardvarks that they were wrong, and that his retarded view of reality was the only correct one.

Well, as one would expect, the other aardvarks quickly grew tired of Ninny's constant attempts to tell them that blue was green, and 4 was a watermelon fruit smoothie, so they informed him of his mental handicap. Ninny was very upset by this. He employed the "Nuh Uh!" defense against them and then proceeded to tell them that they were stinky poo poo heads. In his fury, he decided to rub their noses in it by repeatedly saying "2 + 2 = watermelon fruit smoothie". The other aardvarks found it all so very entertaining. Especially when he decided to "end" their suffering by announcing very loudly that he would stop making them all look stupid and be the "bigger aardvark" and walk away.

When niny overheard the other aardvarks laughing hysterically at him, he again began demonstrating his own profound stupidity, while actually believing that he was making them look stupid. ninny continued to repeat this pattern of behavior for years until finally, one day, a pride of lions ate him. The end.

So, I know we've all heard the reports of (more than a few) illegal votes being cast. Either by double voting or votes made by non-citizens. I don't really want to get into whether or not illegal-aliens have the right to vote but more whether or not votes considered illegal made a difference in who prevailed this election. If you don't think that this is a valid question, no need to comment! Look forward to your opinions! :2wave:

Since nobody's actually checking, we'll never know.

I doubt it, though.

Back
Top Bottom