• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The 20 something generation is kind of gross

Oow5e.jpg
is this for real, Holy sh*t this would peal the paint off a Mack truck.

So the OP went to the beach one day and saw a couple of fat young people and suddenly everyone agrees? The numbers don't so I'll stay out of this thread.

What "numbers don't agree"?
There are more fat people in every age demographic than there have ever been before in human history.

Not all, but a lot of them. I've been noticing at the beach this summer, all the people who *should* be in their prime physical condition walking around with doughy moobs and muffin tops. I cannot believe all the man teets I've seen this summer on otherwise good looking guys. And the young women? Good Lord. Nice thong bathing suit, but I could do without your cottage cheese cheeks in my face.

I honestly don't recall ever seeing 20 somethings so out of shape. There are always a few, but it's like the majority do nothing but play video games and slob off on taco bell all day. What the heck is going on with this generation? Get out and do something physical!

Lots of reasons why...the curse of affluence...people can AFFORD to be lazy...mommy and daddy or uncle sugah are pay in the checks. Or conversely the curse of poverty where the only real available food options are the cheap high carb foodstuffs.

In the business market Ive seen the comparison of the lazy, chubby housecat to the lean and aggressive feral cat.

and with our children...we gone from being generations that plays sports to generation that plays sports on the PS3. Not shocking many kids are out of shape when the only muscles that are getting regular workouts are their fingers and thumbs from texting or using a joystick.

So the OP went to the beach one day and saw a couple of fat young people and suddenly everyone agrees? The numbers don't so I'll stay out of this thread.

The new military recruits absolutely resemble the observations of the OP as do the fitness stats for elementary age children. The military has had to revise its recruitment and training packages based on a significantly heavier and more out of shape teen population.

Yeah, I'm beginning to notice, among my contemporaries and slightly-elders, a trend of fit, toned moms in their late 30s/early 40s, with hulking, obese teenage daughters who look twice their size.
It's kind of funny... funny sad, not funny haha.
It seems clear to me that these women are quite health conscious, yet somehow failed to instill health-consciousness in their children.
Perhaps they tried, and teen obesity is merely some new form of rebellion. :shrug:

Or a trend in fashion. What the hell is up with the muffin top jeans? Who decided it would be a good idea to squeeeeeeze young women into jeans 4 sizes too small and force their fat to bulge out over the top??? Is that sexxy? is that rebellious anti-sexxxy??? cuz...I dont get it...

Or a trend in fashion. What the hell is up with the muffin top jeans? Who decided it would be a good idea to squeeeeeeze young women into jeans 4 sizes too small and force their fat to bulge out over the top??? Is that sexxy? is that rebellious anti-sexxxy??? cuz...I dont get it...

I think it is the ego of fitting into specific size jeans rather then being happy about the muffin top

What girl want to be put on jeans with a 32 inch waiste, better to squeeze into a size 28 and let the fat flow over top

I think it is the ego of fitting into specific size jeans rather then being happy about the muffin top

What girl want to be put on jeans with a 32 inch waiste, better to squeeze into a size 28 and let the fat flow over top

muffintop.JPG

Apparently not this one!

"Muffin top jeans...making even skinny girls look fat since 2003"

This discussion remains bizarre to me. The kids with money I know actually have time to go to the gym, and it shows.

I live just blocks from a college campus, I don't think I've ever seen somebody who was 'fat' go by my window. Seriously, I'm not saying there are no fat people in Minnesota, but it seems they reach a certain age before that happens. The young these days seem vain for the most part. How they look is very important to them.

Okay, while I was typing, four power walking people in their 40's just went by as a team.

Lots of reasons why...the curse of affluence...people can AFFORD to be lazy...mommy and daddy or uncle sugah are pay in the checks. Or conversely the curse of poverty where the only real available food options are the cheap high carb foodstuffs.

In the business market Ive seen the comparison of the lazy, chubby housecat to the lean and aggressive feral cat.

and with our children...we gone from being generations that plays sports to generation that plays sports on the PS3. Not shocking many kids are out of shape when the only muscles that are getting regular workouts are their fingers and thumbs from texting or using a joystick.

Back
Top Bottom