• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The 20 something generation is kind of gross

How so? It's not a good thing, my daughter was DD at age 11 and had reduction at 20.

Umm, I was being abit sarcastic. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Not sure why natural selection would be working positively in a manner that increases a man's 'breast' size... /sigh

I still say we need a sarcasm font.

I still say we need a sarcasm font.

Everybody get a sarcasm font just because ads says so. TYPICAL liberal... He says do 'X 'and expects everyone to jump on board.

:p

I already have a sarcasm font.

I am using it right now.

I wonder if that which has made girls have much larger boobs has had the same effect on boys. Some hormone, cattle, more milk? Can't remember the specifics.

Not a bad suggestion. :thinking You may be onto something ....

Girls have bigger breasts because a larger number of them are fatter then previous years. Also they are entering puberty earlier which may have an effect on breast size

As for boys/males

There are alot more estrogen like chemicals in the things we eat drink and in the general environment

Plasticizers (chemicals that make plastic soft and not brittle are similar in action to estrogen, and have effects on males. They are finding trace levels of birth control hormones in river water, which has had effects on tadpoles, frogs etc (turning some of the population into females

Re: the girls, - that's sort of a 'chicken or the egg thing'. (First cattle, now fowl). But my daughter ran and biked EVERYWHERE. Until she 'blossomed'. Suddenly if she so much as walked fast, or even showed up, boys were making fun of her. You can't exercise, you gain weight. She didn't look at it as exercise, she looked at it as living - well, hell. She was 11. She barely looked at it, she just didn't like being called out, made fun of, any of that.

The rest of your post does make my point though. I knew estrogen levels were playing havoc with people.

Our family joke was that she grew up downriver of the power plant, so we blamed that.

As for boys/males

There are alot more estrogen like chemicals in the things we eat drink and in the general environment

Plasticizers (chemicals that make plastic soft and not brittle are similar in action to estrogen, and have effects on males. They are finding trace levels of birth control hormones in river water, which has had effects on tadpoles, frogs etc (turning some of the population into females

Girls have bigger breasts because a larger number of them are fatter then previous years. Also they are entering puberty earlier which may have an effect on breast size

Average Breast Size

There's no solid answer behind the steady rise in average breast size, but there are some theories.

Some fashion designers believe that the increase in average breast size is a result of the garment industry. Many clothing manufacturers inflate or deflate sizes according to the times. As all women know, different brands of shoes and clothing fit differently. There's a big difference in a size 10 from two different companies. And as larger breasts have become more fashionable, possibly C cups have been getting smaller so more women can be proud to have a larger than average size.

Some sociologists point to the general weight gain among Americans as the cause of the increase in average breast size. Bigger people, the remind us, tend to have bigger breasts. And as obesity reaches epidemic proportions, the breasts of overweight women keep pace with the rest of them.

A final, and far more terrifying, explanation is that of excessive estrogens in the environment. Due to industrial pollution and widespread use of oral contraceptives, there are high levels of estrogens found in water in many places. In some rivers, fish are dying out because there's so much estrogen in the water that all the fish are born female. In this scenario, average breast size is growing due to this hormonal pollution.

On the other hand, an increasingly safe and effective set of natural breast enlargement solutions has been available for quite some time. We are certain that a significant portion of the increase in average breast size is at least partially due to the widespread availability of reliable breast enlargement solutions.

While breast size has different factors - including genetics (more men who favor women with larger breasts = more children rooted with "larger boob genetics" - sounds silly but that's how traits are passed down.

What is undeniable is that girls are maturing earlier than before.
CNN.com - More girls experience early puberty - March 31, 2000
Nobody knows for certain why girls are entering puberty earlier, but the most popular theory involves insecticides, which can break down into compounds that may have estrogenic activity in young girls, thus triggering the onset of puberty.

Others attribute the drop to in increase in childhood obesity. "My own bias is that a major contributor to earlier puberty is the increasing prevalence of obesity over the past 25 years ... especially in 6- to 11-year-old girls," says Paul Kaplowitz, M.D., associate professor of pediatrics at Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine in Charlottesville, Virginia, and author of the LWPES report. "It has long been known that overweight girls tend to mature earlier and thin girls tend to mature later."

Re: the girls, - that's sort of a 'chicken or the egg thing'. (First cattle, now fowl). But my daughter ran and biked EVERYWHERE. Until she 'blossomed'. Suddenly if she so much as walked fast, or even showed up, boys were making fun of her. You can't exercise, you gain weight. She didn't look at it as exercise, she looked at it as living - well, hell. She was 11. She barely looked at it, she just didn't like being called out, made fun of, any of that.

The rest of your post does make my point though. I knew estrogen levels were playing havoc with people.

Our family joke was that she grew up downriver of the power plant, so we blamed that.

There would be many reasons for larger breasts among younger girls, genetics, ect. But being heavier would also be a cause. One woman I know goes from an A cup to a small b cup if she gains 8 lb

Re-read. She gained the weight AFTER she stopped running, jumping, climbing, biking etc, because 'they' were in the way.

There would be many reasons for larger breasts among younger girls, genetics, ect. But being heavier would also be a cause. One woman I know goes from an A cup to a small b cup if she gains 8 lb

Re-read. She gained the weight AFTER she stopped running, jumping, climbing, biking etc, because 'they' were in the way.

I never said it was the cause in that persons case. There are plenty of probable reasons, but for the general population weight would be a significant factor

Chuck's day at the beach:

xXJ9T.jpg

I leveled my Hunter on World of Warcraft to 70.... do you know how much butt-clenching that is!?!?! :doh

No cottage cheese ass HERE! Its all hair and muscle ;)

Ah. You quoted me, therefore and etc. :)

I never said it was the cause in that persons case. There are plenty of probable reasons, but for the general population weight would be a significant factor

The truth is folks. Instead of trying to lose weight, I tried to gain it. That's right. In high school I spend a lot of time at Mcdonalds at the hope of even approaching a weight near my "healthy weight" as the docs called it. I gained .1 pound after three years of effort of eating the worst **** possible, and I was still 30 pounds behind any average weight with my height.

So, no, I don't have big boobs, I'm more like a skeleton.

In a way, the health crisis passed before me like a dream, because I could not even compete had I even wanted to.

The truth is folks. Instead of trying to lose weight, I tried to gain it. That's right. In high school I spend a lot of time at Mcdonalds at the hope of even approaching a weight near my "healthy weight" as the docs called it. I gained .1 pound after three years of effort of eating the worst **** possible, and I was still 30 pounds behind any average weight with my height.

So, no, I don't have big boobs, I'm more like a skeleton.

In a way, the health crisis passed before me like a dream, because I could not even compete had I even wanted to.

My son is the same way, Fiddy. The school can be a bit intrusive about checking to make sure kids bring low calorie snacks to school (yet they serve the most vile junk for lunch). I am waiting for the day someone tells my son his peanut butter granola bar is unacceptable. :chew:

My son is the same way, Fiddy. The school can be a bit intrusive about checking to make sure kids bring low calorie snacks to school (yet they serve the most vile junk for lunch). I am waiting for the day someone tells my son his peanut butter granola bar is unacceptable. :chew:

When the day comes that they buy his freaking groceries they can tell you what to freaking feed him.

@#$% nosy bureaucratic elitist busybody knowitall %%#$heads. :mrgreen:

When the day comes that they buy his freaking groceries they can tell you what to freaking feed him.

@#$% nosy bureaucratic elitist busybody knowitall %%#$heads. :mrgreen:

Well, they already had the kids checking nutrition labels in first grade. My son wouldn't go near anything with any fat in it. I threatened to talk to his principal about this, and he started eating fats again. :thumbs:

eta: I did notice some moobs on guys of my generation today, so it's not just the 20 somethings. :sigh:

Not all, but a lot of them. I've been noticing at the beach this summer, all the people who *should* be in their prime physical condition walking around with doughy moobs and muffin tops. I cannot believe all the man teets I've seen this summer on otherwise good looking guys. And the young women? Good Lord. Nice thong bathing suit, but I could do without your cottage cheese cheeks in my face.

I honestly don't recall ever seeing 20 somethings so out of shape. There are always a few, but it's like the majority do nothing but play video games and slob off on taco bell all day. What the heck is going on with this generation? Get out and do something physical!

Yeah, I'm beginning to notice, among my contemporaries and slightly-elders, a trend of fit, toned moms in their late 30s/early 40s, with hulking, obese teenage daughters who look twice their size.
It's kind of funny... funny sad, not funny haha.
It seems clear to me that these women are quite health conscious, yet somehow failed to instill health-consciousness in their children.
Perhaps they tried, and teen obesity is merely some new form of rebellion. :shrug:

My father got banned from my school district by the school board because he kept telling the teachers that they're not doing their jobs.
Out of curiosity, what does your father do for a living?

So the OP went to the beach one day and saw a couple of fat young people and suddenly everyone agrees? The numbers don't so I'll stay out of this thread.

Back
Top Bottom