• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The 1967 War

You should read it again.. They wanted a Jewish majority on BOTH sides of the Jordan..
The whole purpose of the 1919 Faisal-Weizmann Agreement was to set up a Jewish State (Palestine) and an Arab Kingdom.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faisal–Weizmann_Agreement
Overview

Weizmann first met Faisal in June 1918, during the British advance from the South against the Ottoman Empire in World War I. As leader of an impromptu "Zionist Commission", Weizmann traveled to southern Transjordan for the meeting. The intended purpose was to forge an agreement between Feisal and the Zionist movement to support an Arab Kingdom and Jewish settlement in Palestine, respectively."..."
So why would Weizmann be "Livid" that Jordan went to the Arabs.
They met for the very purpose of setting up an Arab State and a Jewish one, the former on Transjordan, the latter in Palestine.

250px-Faisal-Weizmann_map.png

Map showing the boundaries of the Jewish state
Proposed by Zionists at the Paris Conference,
superimposed on modern boundaries

-

Does the above map look, even as a 1918 proposal/wish, Not final borders, that the Zionists wanted "ALL of Jordan/Transjordan"?
A Majority? That's also Preposterous knowing the population numbers and location.

BritishMandatePalestine1920.png

Last edited:
You and I don't know whether or not those numbers are accurate... but we do know that there were dozens of ethnic cleansing and expulsion plans between 1895 and 1945.

I got caught in the 1967 war because I had gone to Rome with my mother.. She needed dental work.. and we couldn't get home.

It was a complete ambush..

You simply choose to ignore facts that are presented to you. You've developed this fantasy account of the events leading up to the 1967 war and nothing will convince you to the contrary.

You and I don't know whether or not those numbers are accurate... but we do know that there were dozens of ethnic cleansing and expulsion plans between 1895 and 1945.

I got caught in the 1967 war because I had gone to Rome with my mother.. She needed dental work.. and we couldn't get home.

It was a complete ambush..

Sorry, so Israel attacked Italy in 67 too?

Back
Top Bottom