• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The 1950's ---- Musical variety at its best!

Here is a 1950's CHRISTMAS extra from 1958! The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don't Be Late). This was a novelty song composed by Ross Bagdasarian (under the stage name of DavidSeville. The song was recorded by varying the tape speeds producing the chipmunk" voices, with the vocals credited to Alvin and the Chipmunks, The song won three Grammy Awards in 1958, for Best Comedy Performance, Best Children's Record, and Best Engineered Record. It was also nominated Record of the Year. The song was very successful, reaching No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 Pop Singles chart, becoming The Chipmunks' first and only, and David Seville's second and final, No. 1 single. It had the distinction of being the first Christmas record to reach No. 1 on the same chart The single sold 4.5 million copies in seven weeks ----- eventually selling 12 million copies. Bet I know what record many kids got for Christmas way back then!

Glen Lake Swim Club, Decatur, Georgia long, long ago.

This song probably caused more babies than a weekend at Baptist Chastity Camp in Ocean Drive, South Carolina in the middle to late 60s.

A friend told me.

This song is so powerful that after a night of drinking Ripple wine and sitting alone in my car in Ocean Drive, SC smoking Pall Malls and listening to this song over and over I fell in love with myself.

As fate would have it I ended up cheating on myself and broke my own damn heart. Bastard!

Love is cruel.

Last edited:

Lawd! He'p me. The power women have!

I fell in love at maybe 12 or 13 listening to this on WAKE radio in Atlanta.

Back
Top Bottom