• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The 13 Jokes from Seinfeld are "Super Offensive" Now

And we can all give a collective massive eyeroll to this article.

https://www.bustle.com/p/these-13-j...-now-yes-that-includes-the-soup-nazi-10191949

Geez..when I read this:

Thanks to more modern understandings of what political correctness entails — and why being PC is important — it's less common these days to find jokes like the offensive ones that often played out on Seinfeld. Here are some of the show's worst offenses.
https://www.bustle.com/p/these-13-j...-now-yes-that-includes-the-soup-nazi-10191949

I knew this would not be a "balanced" article.

Seinfeld is tame.

Has anyone seen Superbad? I rewatched last year, (it's actually an old movie now) and even I was surprised at how raunchy it was.

Seinfeld is tame.

Has anyone seen Superbad? I rewatched last year, (it's actually an old movie now) and even I was surprised at how raunchy it was.
The only joke on the whole list that could be understood as offensive was the stomping on the Puerto Rican flag.

I feel sorry for people who go through life taking things so seriously. We should be creating more reasons to laugh, not stifling them. Which is in part why I give comedians a LOT more leeway in the PC department than I give the average Joe.

Do you think Blazing Saddles would ever get made in politically correct 2016?

No!
https://www.thedailybeast.com/mel-brooks-looks-back-blazing-saddles-could-never-get-made-today

when i was a kid, rusty warren was not allowed to perform in some cities, such as boston:
Albums
Songs For Sinners – Jubilee JGM 2024 (1959)
Knockers Up! – Jubilee JGM 2029 (1960)
Sin-sational – Jubilee JGM 2034 (1961)
Rusty Warren Bounces Back – Jubilee JGM 2039 (1961)
Rusty Warren In Orbit – Jubilee JGM 2044 (1962)
Banned In Boston? – Jubilee JGM 2049 (1963)
Sex-x-ponent – Jubilee JGM 2054 (1964)
Rusty Sings A Portrait Of Life – Jubilee JGS 5025 (1964)
More Knockers Up! – Jubilee JGM 2059 (1965)
Rusty Rides Again – Jubilee JGM 2064 (1967)
Bottoms Up! – Jubilee JGM 2069 (1969)
Look What I Got For You – Jubilee JGS 2074 (1969)
Lays It On the Line – GNP-Crescendo GNPS-2081 (1974)
Knockers Up '76 – GNP-Crescendo GNPS-2088 (1976)
Sexplosion – GNP-Crescendo GNPS-2114 (1977)

then there was Lenny Bruce's conviction for obcenity

and Carlin's stand-up about the forbidden words:

it seems the nature of comedy is often to push the envelope about what is found socially acceptable

The only joke on the whole list that could be understood as offensive was the stomping on the Puerto Rican flag.
Putting out a flag that caught on fire is somehow offensive?
The skit highlighted the idiocy of jumping to such a conclusion.

I feel sorry for people who go through life taking things so seriously. We should be creating more reasons to laugh, not stifling them. Which is in part why I give comedians a LOT more leeway in the PC department than I give the average Joe.

Thankfully rednecks and trailer trash are still OK to laugh at and laugh with. ;)

Putting out a flag that caught on fire is somehow offensive?
The skit highlighted the idiocy of jumping to such a conclusion.
I understand that, but I can see how someone else might be offended that it was burned in any event.

I understand that, but I can see how someone else might be offended that it was burned in any event.
In a comedy sketch? If so, such a person has problems.

Thankfully rednecks and trailer trash are still OK to laugh at and laugh with. ;)
They also serve another purpose in that they make us average guys look like studs.

0d90d1cafdbd8cc52fd2d56a1c3bd9e0.598x340x1.jpg

Seinfeld is tame.

Superbad is halarious. It’s like the newer American Pie and it made American pie look like a PG movie

My niece was told that she should get in shape - she replied that round is a shape. ;)
What's the difference between your partner and casket?

You come with one and you go with the other! :monkey

I'll never forget when I finally understood the Seinfeld episode when Elaine said "Maybe a dingo ate your baby".

had to laugh at the following sign yesterday:

yea, it was in an antique store

That is a funny joke. The fact that it might be politically incorrect doesn’t make it any less funny.

Superbad is halarious. It’s like the newer American Pie and it made American pie look like a PG movie

Yeah, I wasn't offended by the film, just surprised at how far the took it.

What's the difference between your partner and casket?

You come with one and you go with the other! :monkey

Q: What is the difference between a lawyer and a hooker?

A: A hooker will stop trying to screw you once you're dead.

Back
Top Bottom