• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The “No Grinding” Policy

aheimermann

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
This was an article I wrote for my website back on May 2nd. I thought you might find interesting.

The “No Grinding” Policy

The “No Grinding” Policy is one of the most controversial topics at Sheboygan South High School.

In October of 2009, the South High Administration announced that there would be “No Grinding” at the 50th Homecoming Dance. Associate Principal Lisa Finney told the staff and students via the Channel 7 Morning Announcements “No Parts on Parts,” would be accepted. Since then, the majority of the students have been upset with the new dance policy.

Grinding is described as being a sexually provocative dance that mirror’s a ‘gentlemen’s club’. Well, that’s funny, that sounds just like South High’s very own Dance Team. If you don’t believe me, I invite you to any basketball game at South High School next season. If you are not going to allow grinding at South High, then I sure hope the South High Administration eliminates the Dance Team because there should be no double standard.

The rest of article can be found on my website. But what do you think about this? Should there be such a policy?

This was an article I wrote for my website back on May 2nd. I thought you might find interesting.

The “No Grinding” Policy

The rest of article can be found on my website. But what do you think about this? Should there be such a policy?

Yes, this is a good policy. Grinding and "Dirty Dancing" is best left to older people.

The “No Grinding” Policy

I think teen sex is something that should stay in cars and vans or parents' bedrooms while they're away and is best kept off the dance floor.

Your opinion on thos topic basically depends on what generation you are from. Older people think it is a great idea but the yougner people don't see what the problem is.

if the dance team actually grinds, then there is no consistency in the policy

however, my limited observations of such dance teams indicates they are female only units where no grinding was evident (damn it!)
if that is also true at your school, there there would be no double standard

save your grinding for the after party

Boy, does that ever take me back! I can still remember when my high school outlawed reverse cowboy back in 1971.

"Dance floor missionary was good enough in my day", they lectured, "and it will have to be good enough in yours!

30 years from now aheimerman will be wondering why kids don't see a problem with public orgies on the dance floor at H.S. prom.

Search Sheboygan South Dance Team on Google Video and you'll see what I mean.

if the dance team actually grinds, then there is no consistency in the policy

however, my limited observations of such dance teams indicates they are female only units where no grinding was evident (damn it!)
if that is also true at your school, there there would be no double standard

save your grinding for the after party

Search Sheboygan South Dance Team on Google Video and you'll see what I mean.

clicked to first video and watched it
YouTube- Sheboygan South high varsity dance team 06-07 basketball season

i want back the two minutes of my life that i wasted
not only was there no physical contact there were no guys
no grinding ... hell, no dancing (pathetic, actually)
that was so tame compared to what i regularly see while officiating high school and college games in the southeast
and still, the southern girls don't grind
seems you are without an axe to grind

Sorry, but I do agree with you. :rofl

I don't have anything against the dance team, it's just like I said in my article, I don't think we should have a double standard.

I like the football, basketball, cheer, and dance teams. I just wished my school had my spirit.

Last edited:
30 years from now aheimerman will be wondering why kids don't see a problem with public orgies on the dance floor at H.S. prom.

You mean kids see a problem with public orgies on the dance floor at H.S. prom now?

This is a whole another thread but I really don't like the high school I go to.

Most students have no respect for one another nor for the teachers. Girls wear short shorts and guys wear their jeans below their ass. Our school spirit droped over the years and no body seems to take interest in anything that we do as a school community.

Maybe it's just high school or just my high school. Either way, it disappoints me.

In my opinion...high school students just need to get over themselves.

The “No Grinding” Policy

Teenagers.

The school can make the policy and enforce it if they want. People may think this is the worst travesty since the firebombing of Tokyo, but these are school sponsored events which have codes of conduct associated with them. I see no problem with the policy. So there's no grinding at prom. Go out and have sex in the back seat of your car like normal people do.

The policy is not only a fine decision, it is a great policy. Schools should take the next step and make dress codes. Not necessarily uniforms, but standards at the very least. Additionally, drill teams should not be allowed to dance as if they are having sex, that is ridiculous and sets a horrible double standard. I don't care if they watch that all day on MTV. Students are under the legal and moral care of adults until they are 18, then they can do whatever the **** they want, until then, they do as they are told. End of story.

Society is pathetic... and that is seriously ****ing up our future citizens, thus compounding the problem.

Perhaps he'll have teenage children of his own by then...maybe a daughter :)

The “No Grinding” Policy

aheimermann,

With all due respect, the old coot in me thinks you young folks ought to spare us older folks the displeasure of watching a bunch of sexed-up adolescents rub their genitals all over each other.

Last edited:
i don't see nothing wrong with a little bump and grind! Hell that is what makes the dance worth going to. lol

Looking back at dances at high-school, one stands out in particular to me. The dance was jungle themed, or something of that nature. All the girls wore skimpy little cavewomen type outfits, basically modified two piece bikinis. Most of the guys wore some type of toga like outfit.

The best way I could describe the dance is what a teacher later referred to it as a 'dry humping orgy.' By the end of the dance there was probably more guys with there shirts off then there were with their shirts on and I wouldn’t be surprised at all if people were having sex on the dance floor.

That being said, it was the best school dance I've ever been to.

But, looking back, it was highly inappropriate for kids to be engaging in that type of behavior at a school sponsored dance. I can't believe no policy like the one mentioned was implemented after that. Especially consider the school was a stereotypical suburban high-school in a pretty conservative part of the country.

Thanks for this discussion.

This seemed to go better then the one I had on Facebook.

The “No Grinding” Policy

This is ridiculous. Controlling teenagers doesn't work. Either teens have been instilled with values they care about, or they will simply do whatever makes them feel good. You can't stop them. If "grinding" was all we were doing wrong when we were kids, our parents would have been much relieved!

Back
Top Bottom