• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"That's what you get for storming the stage! Attacker is left with a broken arm after tackling Dave Chappelle during Netflix gig:...."

Except on this forums, you don't get reciprocated. YOu get vile trolling losers, so hard to stay that way when dealing with such shitty people constantly. And you get jaded dealing with the non stop scumbaggery, even when you try to make civil arguments you get childishness, lies and dick behavior in response
The signal to noise ratio could be a bit better, but there are quite a few here with whom you can have a decent discussion.

Yeah, I haven't seen anyone here say that was acceptable. So what are you whining about, specifically?
LOL , ok chapelle.. let me see... I am "whining" about the fact that the dude assaulted a comedian because their feelings got hurt, when they KNOW exactly what type of show they were going to, and I think its stupid and bad for comedic humor in general.

what are YOU whiining about?

One crazy person = an entire side of the aisle.

Okay.

LOL , ok chapelle.. let me see... I am "whining" about the fact that the dude assaulted a comedian because their feelings got hurt, when they KNOW exactly what type of show they were going to, and I think its stupid and bad for comedic humor in general.

what are YOU whiining about?
No, you're whining about some idea that nobody here actually shares, but you're acting like we do.

No, you're whining about some idea that nobody here actually shares, but you're acting like we do.
so, instead of telling me what you are whining about, you're going to try to make this a treatise on me?

great. typical progressive BS.

Last edited:
Again, moronic projection. Who's banning saying gay or can't handle transgendered, gay people, and pretty much everybody not exactly like them? Conservatives. God, you people just keep posting the same moronic shit over and over like you think saying it over and over makes it true
Oh there we go another angry snowflake:
I am banning YOU from saying what ?? I am sorry but you are giving me way too much credit.

Interesting thread. OP notes a violent attack on a comedian. Everyone else talks about right wing hate for trans people.

Out of curiosity, was the attacker a right winger? What was the motivation for the attack? Are those even relevant questions considering that the OP brought up a situation that may well be uncomfortable for left wingers to discuss?

so, instead of telling me what you are whining about, you're going to try to make this a treatise on me?

great. typical progressive BS.
I haven't been whining, you have.

Interesting thread. OP notes a violent attack on a comedian. Everyone else talks about right wing hate for trans people.

Out of curiosity, was the attacker a right winger? What was the motivation for the attack? Are those even relevant questions considering that the OP brought up a situation that may well be uncomfortable for left wingers to discuss?

OP brought up Chappelle's "jokes" about trans people I don't understand why you think it's off-topic.

Sounds like people have concluded they need to "fight like hell" and have "trial by combat" over political sensitivities. Some of us will recall who has been actively promoting that.

As for this asshole, screw him. You don't get to assault someone because you don't like what they said. I have no sympathy for him or his broken arm.

And you don't get to be an asshole on a plane. Or treat people like shit in a coffee shop or restaurant. Or generally any other asshat buffoonery.

People need to wake up and realize you're an asshole for such conduct regardless of whether you wear a rainbow flag or a MAGA hat. That our discourse now focuses on which political party the asshole belongs to is a recipe for disaster.

There's a difference in the nature of the jokes, there's a reason people get offended by Chappelle's "jokes." They're fundamentally based on things that are false, and they're coming from a bad place. They're "jokes" being told to marginalize an already-marginalized group of people.

So, yeah, when you tell harmful lies that are disguised as jokes, people see them for what they are and they get mad about it. If this triggers you, I suggest you grow the **** up and realize that other people have a right to their feelings.
You know how to stay marginalized? Act like a victim anytime someone says something that hurts your feelings.

And you are such a genius, great argument

:rolleyes:

What kind of pathetic life does one have to have that this is what they do, go to forums and make moronic barely full sentence, no argument posts
This post just oozes with irony.

He played a stupid game and won a painful prize.

Sure, because online communication is indirect so it's an entirely different experience than behaving that way in person. Very early on I had to establish my own code of conduct for online communications, and it's pretty simple: apply the same rules I use for in person conversations.
I do the same. Unfortunately, seems like the vast majority do not.

Anyone pretending the right didn't fight tooth and nail against same-sex marriage is not being honest and therefore not worth debating in terms of presenting evidence.
There is of course a reason for that....

The term Marriage is a religous institution and there are no religions anywhere in the world that allow homosexuals to enter into the sacrement of marriage.....that was the rub.

Most on the right however didnt have a problem with calling it a civial union or a legal union......but a whole ton of folks objected to the term marriage due to religous concerns.

Personally....im just fine with calling it a civil union.

There is of course a reason for that....

The term Marriage is a religous institution and there are no religions anywhere in the world that allow homosexuals to enter into the sacrement of marriage.....that was the rub.
Don't care, they don't own that word. It's not a "religious institution." It's a legal term, as far as our government is concerned.

Most on the right however didnt have a problem with calling it a civial union or a legal union......but a whole ton of folks objected to the term marriage due to religous concerns.
Conservatives actually did fight against same-sex couples getting civil union benefits

Personally....im just fine with calling it a civil union.
1) Civil unions have never in any point in history been legally equal to marriage, so you're "just fine" with separate-but-equal
2) Your personal opinion on someone else's rights isn't of interest to me

Dave Chappelle had some guy storm the stage and attack him. Article seems to say that it was some sort of response to his "trans" comments. But, I don't see where that was established.

That said, this appears to be the sign of the times. We have reached a point where people are getting overly upset by words. What is causing this? Is it actually worse than before, or is this being highlighted more now?

The fact that people vote for hate and it has a plaform is why people feel the need to oppose it. I don't support attacking Chappelle. I support attacking proud boys. The response should be in measure to the violence done

Except on this forums, you don't get reciprocated. YOu get vile trolling losers, so hard to stay that way when dealing with such shitty people constantly. And you get jaded dealing with the non stop scumbaggery, even when you try to make civil arguments you get childishness, lies and dick behavior in response
Your posts are easily the most foul mouthed, insulting and anger filled posts on this forum. No need to question why you get the treatment you do. You get treated the way you treat others.

I almost suspect our society has been infected by some disease, or somebody put something in the water. This amount of ridiculousness from the Left is unbearable, and I've never seen it before in my long life. The amount of "offense" taken at every turn, man - I sure am glad there wasn't a video camera going day to day when I was in college. I think the average Progressive of today would pass out cold from five minutes of listening to life in 1987. lol
Crt..
You guys love to throw stones and shatter glass houses all the while screaming about the left doing this or that.

But you don't care..you'll just plow on

Really?? Ive seen no evidence of that
Marriage, trans laws, not allowing gays to adopt..

Nobody's fault but your own if you haven't noticed

The fact that people vote for hate and it has a plaform is why people feel the need to oppose it. I don't support attacking Chappelle. I support attacking proud boys. The response should be in measure to the violence done
There is no basis to "attack" anyone other than in self-defense, defense of others, in war.

Just attacking a Proud Boy, or a Marxist, both detestable creatures, is not cool.

Even if you think someone spews hate, that's their right, to be hateful and to spew hate. If they attack you physically, that's fine, defend yourself. But, just thinking their ideas are hateful or damaging is not enough to justify violence against them.

I mean, those jackasses in 2020-21 who were going around "protesting" by badgering innocent restaurant patrons and screaming in their faces were pushing it as close to the line as you can get - it looked quite a lot like harassment. But even then, punching those detestable creatures would not have been justified.

The reality is the left has an issue with words coming from people like Dave. They want people to change their behaviors in how they speak. They can't handle certain jokes etc.
That being said the right has an issue with words and history. Crt being an example or a kids book showing two men or women as parents.
Crt which has has been basically made up from the get go.
Then you have trans or gay rights as an issue as well.

Neither side really has a moral high ground here when it comes to being snowflakes. The list just tends to be longer for the right than the left.

Back
Top Bottom