• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"That's what you get for storming the stage! Attacker is left with a broken arm after tackling Dave Chappelle during Netflix gig:...."

They're trying to suppress all sorts of rights of LGBT people. Where have you been?
Just moronically trolling, lying,asking stupid questions, you know, par for the course for factless, argumentless right wingers

You are such a badass. :rolleyes:

And you are such a genius, great argument

:rolleyes:

What kind of pathetic life does one have to have that this is what they do, go to forums and make moronic barely full sentence, no argument posts

You are projecting, and its not the left. All you ****ing people do is bitch and whine and feign outrage at everything. So shove your moronic projections.

Damn you people really are so sad and pathetic. I can see why when you have no facts and you can barely type full sentences

Just being honest, I am a flawed person. If you want to say something bad about me, have at. If you do about my family, expect repercussions.

Even Mike Tyson said that social media has gotten people comfortable with saying insulting things without getting punched in the face. I kinda agree.

Just for talking shit about your family?

The same people that shit themselves over jokes about trans people would laugh at jokes regarding other people. **** them. Grow the **** up. Seriously...until they learn how to love themselves...EVERYTHING will be an insult. At some point maybe they will realize that the person they hate and loathe is NOT the comedian telling jokes...its that guy that stares back at them from the mirror.

Good advice for righties.

Just for talking shit about your family?
Apparently I don't have the free speech right to do that without getting punched?

Just being honest, I am a flawed person. If you want to say something bad about me, have at. If you do about my family, expect repercussions.

Even Mike Tyson said that social media has gotten people comfortable with saying insulting things without getting punched in the face. I kinda agree.
Sure, because online communication is indirect so it's an entirely different experience than behaving that way in person. Very early on I had to establish my own code of conduct for online communications, and it's pretty simple: apply the same rules I use for in person conversations.

Ironic coming from the right that is scared of gays, trans, people of color, people of other religions, people who aren't Taliban scum, the biggest whiny snowflake cowards this country has. How about you people go emigrate Afghanistan
I am not scared of any of those people, I am scared of idiots like radical progressives.

What I don't understand is why someone would go to see Chapelle in the first place if they don't like his humor. He's been around long enough to know what to expect.
so they could attack him... they are going out of their way to shut down what they dislike.

The same people that shit themselves over jokes about trans people would laugh at jokes regarding other people. **** them. Grow the **** up. Seriously...until they learn how to love themselves...EVERYTHING will be an insult. At some point maybe they will realize that the person they hate and loathe is NOT the comedian telling jokes...its that guy that stares back at them from the mirror.
There's a difference in the nature of the jokes, there's a reason people get offended by Chappelle's "jokes." They're fundamentally based on things that are false, and they're coming from a bad place. They're "jokes" being told to marginalize an already-marginalized group of people.

So, yeah, when you tell harmful lies that are disguised as jokes, people see them for what they are and they get mad about it. If this triggers you, I suggest you grow the **** up and realize that other people have a right to their feelings.

Nowadays, people seem to think they are entitiled to "safe spaces" where nobody ever says anything they find offensive. If they are in the US, they are in the Wrong Country for their sensitivities. Emigrate!!!

The entire US right wing's current ideology is about finding a safe space for WASPy whites so they can be free from the presence of minorities, LGBTQ folks, and anyone they deem "other."

Hell this country herded natives into reservations, made black people drink from the other water fountain and sit at the back end of the bus, and killed each other when told they couldn't have slaves and interned Japanese Americans unconstitutionally. Wrong country my ass, this is the perfect country.

What is causing this? Is it actually worse than before, or is this being highlighted more now?
The sensitive triggered snowflakes on the left that can’t handle a joke or comedic routine because they are triggered. Apparently they don’t know what comedy is and/or are incapable of having a sense of humor.

There's a difference in the nature of the jokes, there's a reason people get offended by Chappelle's "jokes." They're fundamentally based on things that are false, and they're coming from a bad place. They're "jokes" being told to marginalize an already-marginalized group of people.

So, yeah, when you tell harmful lies that are disguised as jokes, people see them for what they are and they get mad about it. If this triggers you, I suggest you grow the **** up and realize that other people have a right to their feelings.
oh its coming from a BAD place, cause we can't take a joke about ourselves like comedians virtually do to EVERYONE out there.

oh its coming from a BAD place, cause we can't take a joke about ourselves like comedians virtually do to EVERYONE out there.
Correct, when someone tells a "joke" that's actually them just insulting and belittling you and is a set of actual, deliberate lies made up to marginalize you, people will react differently.

Why is this confusing to you? Do you laugh when people tell lies designed to hurt you, as a "joke?" If I walk up and start telling "jokes" about how ugly and stupid your wife is, do you laugh?

Correct, when someone tells a "joke" that's actually them just insulting and belittling you and is a set of actual, deliberate lies made up to marginalize you, people will react differently.

Why is this confusing to you? Do you laugh when people tell lies designed to hurt you, as a "joke?" If I walk up and start telling "jokes" about how ugly and stupid your wife is, do you laugh?

but you know beforehand that CHapelle is edgy... maybe the most edgy comedian out there... why would you go to a chapelle show if you are so easily upset?

but you know beforehand that CHapelle is edgy... maybe the most edgy comedian out there... why would you go to a chapelle show if you are so easily upset?
Being "edgy" and just attacking a marginalized group are not the same thing.

So there's all this handwringing, but is it clear why the man attacked Chappelle? So far that doesn't seem clear.

Sure, because online communication is indirect so it's an entirely different experience than behaving that way in person. Very early on I had to establish my own code of conduct for online communications, and it's pretty simple: apply the same rules I use for in person conversations.
Except on this forums, you don't get reciprocated. YOu get vile trolling losers, so hard to stay that way when dealing with such shitty people constantly. And you get jaded dealing with the non stop scumbaggery, even when you try to make civil arguments you get childishness, lies and dick behavior in response

Being "edgy" and just attacking a marginalized group are not the same thing.
no, sorry , no group is protected from having their feelings hurt by words. that is the nature of freedom in a just system.

you don't get a pass to punch someone because they offend you.

The sensitive triggered snowflakes on the left that can’t handle a joke or comedic routine because they are triggered. Apparently they don’t know what comedy is and/or are incapable of having a sense of humor.
Again, moronic projection. Who's banning saying gay or can't handle transgendered, gay people, and pretty much everybody not exactly like them? Conservatives. God, you people just keep posting the same moronic shit over and over like you think saying it over and over makes it true

no, sorry , no group is protected from having their feelings hurt by words. that is the nature of freedom in a just system.
Nobody suggested you don't have the right to be an asshole. The thing to remember about freedom of speech is that other people have the right to call you an asshole when you act like an asshole.

And you are such a genius, great argument

:rolleyes:

What kind of pathetic life does one have to have that this is what they do, go to forums and make moronic barely full sentence, no argument posts
You tell me Grammar King....you clearly have the market cornered on dumbass posts.

If you really wanna see bad stuff go to a bar after a SEC football game.

Nobody suggested you don't have the right to be an asshole. The thing to remember about freedom of speech is that other people have the right to call you an asshole when you act like an asshole.
and that is perfectly fine.. we are talking about someone who rushed the stage in an attempted assault though.

and that is perfectly fine.. we are talking about someone who rushed the stage in an attempted assault though.
Yeah, I haven't seen anyone here say that was acceptable. So what are you whining about, specifically?

Back
Top Bottom