• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

That "Thing's a Baby"

What Is That Thing a Partial Birth Abortion Kills?

• A Baby

Votes: 18 66.7%
  • A Mass of Cells

Votes: 9 33.3%

• Total voters
Re: Mods - Move to Abortion Thread

hipsterdufus said:
How convenient.

Do you wish it to go away professor, or is there some other reason for your disgust?:confused:

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
Can a zygote get stuck between a woman's legs? More importantly, would she notice?

But I'm going to stick to the topic I started. If I don't, who will? I'll certainly admit I'm against abortion on demand at any stage of pregnancy (while also conceding that most birth control pills don't prevent ovulation so much as inhibit implantation, ie they're an abortifacient, not a contraceptive), but the pro-abortion crowd's defense of this one heinous procedure seperates the dykes from the men on this issue.

This poll arose because some people won't accept any limits on abortion. Specifically Steen is quibbling over the definition of the word "baby".

I say that thing stuck there is a baby, and deserves protection. Given the state of technology, you're probably right, and in the real world there should be a limit beyond which the fetus is granted the protection against murder all other human beings are accorded. IMO that's after fertilization and before the first cell division...:roll:, but if that's unreasonable, as many will argue, it's definitely even more unreasonable to set that limit to a millisecond before physical separation from the mother.

That's like telling ole' Tookie he's free to go, then shooting him just after he's got one foot out the gate but before he lifts the other.

ole' Tookie would understand what is going on....
A fetus wouldn't... thats the difference.....

Caine said:
ole' Tookie would understand what is going on....
A fetus wouldn't... thats the difference.....

A baby with it's head jammed in the birth canal may not understand what's happening, but it sure as hell ain't going to like it.

That's why there's no difference between a baby outside the womb and one inside, at least when we're talking about the period close to the delivery.

Both my kids were looking around and wondering what the hell was going on as soon as they were born. It's impossible they weren't equally conscious ten minutes before when they were floating around in the dark amniotic fluid.

Partial-birth abortion should be a non-issue anyway. Nationwide, there's only about 500-1500 of them per year, and nearly all of them are done to save the life of the mother. No one decides to have an abortion and then forgets that they're pregnant for nine months.

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
A baby with it's head jammed in the birth canal may not understand what's happening, but it sure as hell ain't going to like it.

That's why there's no difference between a baby outside the womb and one inside, at least when we're talking about the period close to the delivery.

Both my kids were looking around and wondering what the hell was going on as soon as they were born. It's impossible they weren't equally conscious ten minutes before when they were floating around in the dark amniotic fluid.

That may be true, but the fact remains that Abortion is a choice women have.
Even if it includes Partial Birth Abortions.....

Also, I love it when people use thier own children in thier debates.....As if pro-CHOICE people care......Don't get me wrong, Its great you have children and love them, but mentioning them here isn't going to win sympathy points.

Caine said:
That may be true, but the fact remains that Abortion is a choice women have.
Even if it includes Partial Birth Abortions.....

Also, I love it when people use thier own children in thier debates.....As if pro-CHOICE people care......Don't get me wrong, Its great you have children and love them, but mentioning them here isn't going to win sympathy points.

Yeah, heaven forbid we talk about how great it can be, then these women won't have anything to stop the mass murder!:roll:

Deegan said:
Yeah, heaven forbid we talk about how great it can be, then these women won't have anything to stop the mass murder!:roll:

LOL... Your basically admitting that Pro-Life is all about emotion... and some weird twisted "science" of DNA.

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
Even though some people want to define it differently, that thing stuck between the legs of the pregnant female awaiting the deadly pair of scissors approaching it's skull is a human baby.

...do you know what the uterus is?

Caine said:
LOL... Your basically admitting that Pro-Life is all about emotion... and some weird twisted "science" of DNA.

Yes it is, and there is nothing funny about it! I have talked with many women who have had to take this path, none of them will tell you it was a easy choice, and all still struggle with the emotion you so smugly dismiss!:roll:

Deegan said:
Yes it is, and there is nothing funny about it! I have talked with many women who have had to take this path, none of them will tell you it was a easy choice, and all still struggle with the emotion you so smugly dismiss!:roll:

Really? Most women I know who've had abortions barely gave it a second thought afterwards.

Hornburger said:
Well, wouldn't DNA be a key factor in determining what is life and what isn't? Your blood does not need energy and things like that...a fetus does...something must have DNA in order to be alive, but it also must have energy, one of the requirements for life.

How would you define when something is alive?
Well, a hydatidiform mole has human DNA and is alive and grows. Should it be classified as a "human being" and not aborted?

Deegan said:

So, because of the emotions of some, we should deny the choice to everyone?????? How stupid is that?

vergiss said:
Really? Most women I know who've had abortions barely gave it a second thought afterwards.

Well you know some real gems, I wouldn't brag about that sir!:shock:

Deegan said:

Sir? Who's "sir"? And what?

I'd appreciate it if your posts made some sort of sense.

Caine said:
So, because of the emotions of some, we should deny the choice to everyone?????? How stupid is that?

I never talked about denying anyone, when will you stop ending my sentences sir?:confused:

Deegan said:

Now you are using the "My Morals are better than yours" or "I am more holy than thou" attitude....

Your still not winning any points bub...

Caine said:
Now you are using the "My Morals are better than yours" or "I am more holy than thou" attitude....

Your still not winning any points bub...

I am not her eto "win points" sir, I am here to share my views, take them or leave them, but respect my right to express them, and I will return in kind.

Deegan said:
I am not her eto "win points" sir, I am here to share my views, take them or leave them, but respect my right to express them, and I will return in kind.

Nobody is willing to hear the opinion of someone who thinks thier moral view on something is "better than" the other person based on nothing... Nobody wants to hear that junk... so take it elsewhere.

If you have a real reason to debate this issue, then do it...Don't just do it because being pro-life is a typically Conservative view, and everything typically conservative you seem to agree with, even if you have lame arguments on some of the issues.

So who is sir, and what's not to be bragged about, Deegan?

Caine said:
Nobody is willing to hear the opinion of someone who thinks thier moral view on something is "better than" the other person based on nothing... Nobody wants to hear that junk... so take it elsewhere.

If you have a real reason to debate this issue, then do it...Don't just do it because being pro-life is a typically Conservative view, and everything typically conservative you seem to agree with, even if you have lame arguments on some of the issues.

So you're here to hear the sound of your own voice, good luck with that sir, I'm sure that will carry you far, here, and elsewhere!:roll:

Just my two cents on this....

A fetus typically cannot sustain life on its own (i.e. breathing without aid of a respirator, etc.) before 23 weeks gestation. Therefore, for abortion issue purposes, I do not consider it "alive" or "human" or what have you before that time. I'm sure I'd feel differently if I were pregnant and the child was wanted, but as I have never been pregnant, I certainly can't speak from that viewpoint.

Regardless, I still feel that a woman should be allowed to have an abortion if she chooses, whenever she chooses. Common sense would say she should have it as soon as possible; I can't fathom how a woman would just suddenly decide after 4 or 5 months that she doesn't want the baby after all, but obviously, some woman DO think like that and that's their choice.

vergiss said:
So who is sir, and what's not to be bragged about, Deegan?

I refuse to respond to you child, don't you have some innocent girl to in pregnant or something......I mean it's just a thing right?:roll:

Deegan said:
So you're here to hear the sound of your own voice, good luck with that sir, I'm sure that will carry you far, here, and elsewhere!:roll:

What the??????

You... You and Navy Pride sure do get along.... Your both the exact same... you make absolutely no sense....

Deegan said:
I refuse to respond to you child, don't you have some innocent girl to in pregnant or something......I mean it's just a thing right?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What the Hell? I certainly hope not, unless I've managed to achieve something that defies medical science! :shock:

Back
Top Bottom