• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

That awkward moment when....

Josie

*probably reading smut*
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
(Fill in the blank!)

That awkward moment when you're at the mall looking at bras & panties and one of your students comes running toward you shouting your name. Heh. Um.....

When you friend sends you a text says he looks forward to Game 7 and then 17 seconds later goes nevermind sorry we beat you.

That awkward moment when you're naughty talking to your boyfriend on the phone and your mother calls and beeps in. :shock:

When you're introducing two friends of yours to each other, and you forget their names. :lol:

(and yes, I have actually done that)

Last edited:
When you're introducing two friends of yours to each other, and you forget their names. :lol:

Oh God, I am the master of that awkward avoidance of names. I am so bad at it these days. In law school, reading so many different names and having to rote memorize them for exams totally short circuited the name recall part of my brain. About 2/3's of the names in the obituaries seem somewhat familiar to me because I encounter so many combinations of names in my line of work.

That awkward moment when you have to go to the bathroom right after you paint your nails.

.... when you finally get to the bathroom after working for several hours and realize that you've had a weird bump in your hair the whole day.

That awkward moment when you see your son or daughter kissing their boyfriend or girlfriend.

...you know there are plenty of awkward moment but just cannot think of any for this thread.

(Fill in the blank!)

That awkward moment when you're at the mall looking at bras & panties and one of your students comes running toward you shouting your name. Heh. Um.....

Could be more awkward, you could be putting one of those personal massagers in your cart.:lol:

When you realize you left the bloodied knife with your fingerprints on it lying on the floor next to the body.

That awkward moment when you are buying condoms at the pharmacy and your father-in-law happens to be picking up a prescription at the same time.

Followed immediately by that awkward moment when your father-in-law realizes why he only has one grandchild.

Followed immediately by that awkward moment when you realize that your wife kind of looks like her dad.

Followed immediately by that awkward moment you put the condoms back, knowing that you will never be able to get an erection again.

That awkward moment when you split the hell out of your pants and realize that today you chose to go commando.

That awkward moment when you have a cold and sneeze out a gigantic snot and then you're stuck holding your hand up to your face while everyone looks around uncomfortably for a Kleenex for you.

That awkward moment when you split the hell out of your pants and realize that today you chose to go commando.

I did that one day at work, in my nursing scrubs. Split right down the middle of my butt. Glad I was wearing underwear.:2razz:

That awkward moment when you have a cold and sneeze out a gigantic snot and then you're stuck holding your hand up to your face while everyone looks around uncomfortably for a Kleenex for you.

To me, it's always an awkward moment to be on the other end of that problem, when a friend or co-worker has "nasal congestion" that is visible, and I don't want to embarrass them by telling them. That, or black pepper on their teeth.

That moment when you're writing a story and turn to see your husband reading the sex scene you're in the middle of - over your shoulder - after you told him you were writing on a business report.

That awkward moment when over the phone someone has just totally trashed your work day, and you say something rude about their parentage, to turn around and find them standing behind you, because they had called you from their cell phone.

When people start arguing in front of you and you giggle.

When you sit down on a picnic bench and don't notice the chocolate that was left behind there. And then try to explain what really happened.

When you sit down on a picnic bench and don't notice the chocolate that was left behind there. And then try to explain what really happened.

That awkward moment when you shart and then try to pretend that you sat at a picnic bench and didn't notice the chocolate that was left behind there.

(and yes, I have actually done that)

oh, man. i know so many people by face, but not by name. it's not that i am rude, but i usually meet them at shows or something, and there's the initial, "hi, i'm so and so." then there are usually other friends of so and so, and so on. so i forget the names pretty quickly because they're all coming at me at once. then we inevitably hang out again, and i feel weird about asking for the name again. then it's too late.

as Evan Dando wrote, "i've never been too good with names, but i remember faces."

Back
Top Bottom