• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Thankyou obama voters

sawyerloggingon

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
Political Leaning
Independent
I checked out what my insurance cost will be under obamacare yesterday and found out I will pay $150.00 a month. I am semi retired and have a low income so you Obama voters in your earning years will subsidize my insurance to the tune of $1600.00 a month. You will pay more for your insurance in order to subsidize mine and I don't wanna hear any whining OK. You guys wanted this and you got it, thanks for the free ride. I will LOL every time I pay my $150.00 knowing you Obama voters that are trying to buy homes and raise a family and get ahead in life are writing a check for ME! The rest of you poor suckers that didn't vote for Obama and are now supporting me have my sympathies.

I checked out what my insurance cost will be under obamacare yesterday and found out I will pay $150.00 a month. I am semi retired and have a low income so you Obama voters in your earning years will subsidize my insurance to the tune of $1600.00 a month. You will pay more for your insurance in order to subsidize mine and I don't wanna hear any whining OK. You guys wanted this and you got it, thanks for the free ride. I will LOL every time I pay my $150.00 knowing you Obama voters that are trying to buy homes and raise a family and get ahead in life are writing a check for ME! The rest of you poor suckers that didn't vote for Obama and are now supporting me have my sympathies.

Well, I don't know how carefully you did your "check," but please to tell us how your insurance was "going" to cost you $1750 a month without the subsidy.

Well, I don't know how carefully you did your "check," but please to tell us how your insurance was "going" to cost you $1750 a month without the subsidy.

That is what the site said, it said the gov was paying the difference between what I owed and the $1700.00 premium.

That is what the site said, it said the gov was paying the difference between what I owed and the $1700.00 premium.

Sawyer, you did something wrong. There's no way anyone's individual health insurance is going to cost $1,700 a month.

Sawyer, you did something wrong. There's no way anyone's individual health insurance is going to cost $1,700 a month.

Yes mam there is, in fact I put in different numbers and family's with kids making over 70k will be paying over $2400 and that is because they have to kick in to pay my premium.

Yes mam there is, in fact I put in different numbers and family's with kids making over 70k will be paying over $2400 and that is because they have to kick in to pay my premium.

Did you do it at healthcare.gov? I don't doubt you (well I DO doubt you, but I'm probably wrong....ha!) but I'm just curious. I haven't even been able to get on the site.

you have shown us nothing other than a math impairment
but you are welcome. because of us and or votes, the nation does not have mccain and romney ****ing things up

Did you do it at healthcare.gov? I don't doubt you (well I DO doubt you, but I'm probably wrong....ha!) but I'm just curious. I haven't even been able to get on the site.

My wife did it through Washington states site. We are going to make out like bandits because the very minimalist insurance we have now is $700 a month. Supposedly the premium of the silver plan is over twice that but we only pay $150.

You're welcome.

That sounds VERY fishy. I get no subsidy, qualify for the bronze plan as my income is pretty good and my TOTAL ACA premium is under 400 bucks a month.

At your age I am surprised you are not already on medicare/caid already.

IIRC the subsidies come from other fees, not private insurance premium...

You now are officially a Taker.... :2wave:

Could you please take a screen capture to show us your $1750 a month premium? Most of this thread seems to think you either did something wrong or are making it up, so if you could run your check again and just take a screen capture, that would be great.

On a side note, are you sure it wasn't $1600 a year? That would seem a little low, but make a lot more sense than $1600 a month.

That sounds VERY fishy. I get no subsidy, qualify for the bronze plan as my income is pretty good and my TOTAL ACA premium is under 400 bucks a month.

At your age I am surprised you are not already on medicare/caid already.

IIRC the subsidies come from other fees, not private insurance premium...

You now are officially a Taker.... :2wave:

My reported income is under 30k because a lot of my work is cash. That puts me at 94% poverty level and gets my premiums subsidized. Medicare kicks in at 65, I will be 61 very soon so I'll be on obamacare a few years. Yes I now am a taker. I didn't vote to be one but you did so I will enjoy taking your money if you make good money which I seriously doubt so we are both takers.

Could you please take a screen capture to show us your $1750 a month premium? Most of this thread seems to think you either did something wrong or are making it up, so if you could run your check again and just take a screen capture, that would be great.

On a side note, are you sure it wasn't $1600 a year? That would seem a little low, but make a lot more sense than $1600 a month.

My wife did it and she's teaching her aerobics class right now. I already tried to find it to do what you suggested but couldn't. I'll have to wait until the brains of the outfit gets home.:lol:

My wife did it through Washington states site. We are going to make out like bandits because the very minimalist insurance we have now is $700 a month. Supposedly the premium of the silver plan is over twice that but we only pay $150.

Well, if it's for both of you, I can understand the $1700/month. Just FYI, you do know the silver plan has at least a $5,000 annual deductible for each of you, possible more.

Well, if it's for both of you, I can understand the $1700/month. Just FYI, you do know the silver plan has at least a $5,000 annual deductible for each of you, possible more.

Yes it's for both of us and I know about the high deductible but that is what we have now. The silver plan covers some basic healthcare checkups though, even the colon thing I think.

My reported income is under 30k because a lot of my work is cash. That puts me at 94% poverty level and gets my premiums subsidized. Medicare kicks in at 65, I will be 61 very soon so I'll be on obamacare a few years. Yes I now am a taker. I didn't vote to be one but you did so I will enjoy taking your money if you make good money which I seriously doubt so we are both takers.

Not only a taker but, by your own admission, a tax evader.

I just ran the numbers to have a 150 a month ACA premium. it takes a 30,000 in taxable income to hit the 150 a month, the Gubmint picks up 1,191 a month. That is 193% of the poverty level. Using the official wash state calculator on their website anyone at 94% of the poverty level gets a complete free ride on medicaid. So I'm not sure your wife calculated the problem correctly.

Hard to believe you guys could float a 700+ a month insurance premium on so low an income and still have that 'snazzy' truck... but you have made some pretty bold statements before....

Actually I make damn good money. I pay in just federal taxes about what you claim as above board income. (Which FYI you just admitting to defrauding the government by under-reporting your income... yeah you are quite the CON role model....)

Obviously, this means we must repeal. Paying $150 / mo. for insurance? The whole point was to drive you to pay higher costs until you stood before your death panel and begged for your life.

I just ran the numbers to have a 150 a month ACA premium. it takes a 30,000 in taxable income to hit the 150 a month, the Gubmint picks up 1,191 a month. That is 193% of the poverty level. Using the official wash state calculator on their website anyone at 94% of the poverty level gets a complete free ride on medicaid. So I'm not sure your wife calculated the problem correctly.

Hard to believe you guys could float a 700+ a month insurance premium on so low an income and still have that 'snazzy' truck... but you have made some pretty bold statements before....

Actually I make damn good money. I pay in just federal taxes about what you claim as above board income. (Which FYI you just admitting to defrauding the government by under-reporting your income... yeah you are quite the CON role model....)

The numbers you found reflect an even bigger subsidy than my wife told me but in the same ball park. She put our exact income in at a point that would keep us off Medicaid and my "snazzy PU as you call it is 20 years old. :lol: I found some similar numbers here that have a similar subsidy to the OP and yours. When I put our numbers in we are subsidized $1035.00 a month. If you really do make good money, I enjoy the fact that you buy my insurance for me. As for you IRS people reading this I admit NOTHING! Just sayin lots of my income is cash which I report damnit!!!! :lol:

National Health Care Calculator

Back
Top Bottom