• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Thankyou obama voters

The numbers you found reflect an even bigger subsidy than my wife told me but in the same ball park. She put our exact income in at a point that would keep us off Medicaid and my "snazzy PU as you call it is 20 years old. :lol: I found some similar numbers here that have a similar subsidy to the OP and yours. When I put our numbers in we are subsidized $1035.00 a month. If you really do make good money, I enjoy the fact that you buy my insurance for me. As for you IRS people reading this I admit NOTHING! Just sayin lots of my income is cash which I report damnit!!!! :lol:

National Health Care Calculator

I love watching the CON game! I used YOUR state's OFFICIAL calculator.

So ya are at 94% of the poverty level because you don't report a lot of your income. You CLAIM you are willing to say your income is higher to stay off medicaid.... REALLY???? :confused:

That is difficult to believe as you are happily dancing around CLAIMING we taxpayers are subsidizing your insurance when your state has made low income folks eligible for a 100% free ride due to the ACA. You'd have a much bigger laugh to CLAIM we are subsidizing your medical care 100%!

Your CON game stinks from top to bottom.

You are proving what I have long held about CONs. They are actually closet liberals and unabashed 'Takers'. They are not against the PRINCIPLE of the government safety net.... just against the anything that doesn't give THEM the free bees. (and are not the least bit shy about admitting to being cheats and frauds)

I was having a bit of fun with you on your truck. My 3/4 t extended cab Dodge is just under 2 years old. My hunting truck is 26 years old, rebuilt engine and upgraded tranny.

Yes I make pretty good money and am ALWAYS willing to help the unfortunate, even if they lie, cheat, and steal for it. :peace

There are plenty of seniors who are absolutely NOT candidates for knee and hip replacements. Joint replacement physical therapy is a bitch. Plenty of seniors are simply not able to perform. My mother, at age 86, certainly wouldn't be able to do so. Once she had a hip/knee replacement? She would be bed-bound. And dead. She doesn't have any joint problems, but she can barely walk due to Parkinson's symptoms and other health issues. Physical therapy rehabilitation for joint replacement is absolutely out of the question for people like her.

She, and others like her, take pain pills. I've never seen such otherwise intelligent people misinterpret any legislation as badly as has been done with the AHA.

The ones that are candidates should not be denied because a "death panel" decides they are not worth the money.

It didn't have to be either or pre obamacare.

sure it did ... and does even now
that young child who is without insurance and needs other than emergency treatment will not receive it

I checked out what my insurance cost will be under obamacare yesterday and found out I will pay $150.00 a month. I am semi retired and have a low income so you Obama voters in your earning years will subsidize my insurance to the tune of $1600.00 a month. You will pay more for your insurance in order to subsidize mine and I don't wanna hear any whining OK. You guys wanted this and you got it, thanks for the free ride. I will LOL every time I pay my $150.00 knowing you Obama voters that are trying to buy homes and raise a family and get ahead in life are writing a check for ME! The rest of you poor suckers that didn't vote for Obama and are now supporting me have my sympathies.

Wait, so you're saying Obamacare works?!?!?! It actually makes health care affordable for low income Americans? Maybe I should start supporting it, then. I thought for sure it wouldn't actually work.

sure it did ... and does even now
that young child who is without insurance and needs other than emergency treatment will not receive it

If you have insurance now it covers certain things regardless of age and does not decide whether you get your procedure based on saying there is only so much money to go around and you are not worthy.

Wait, so you're saying Obamacare works?!?!?! It actually makes health care affordable for low income Americans? Maybe I should start supporting it, then. I thought for sure it wouldn't actually work.

It works for me but not so much if you are in your prime earning years and have to pay for my insurance which I was perfectly capable of paying for myself.

It works for me but not so much if you are in your prime earning years and have to pay for my insurance which I was perfectly capable of paying for myself.

It's not designed to work for those of us who already have affordable health insurance through our work and aren't low income. It's supposed to help the people who can't afford it normally.

I'm certainly willing to pay more in taxes if it works. My issue has always been the fact that it wasn't supposed to work as advertised. If it actually does work, I'll have to rethink my position.

It's not designed to work for those of us who already have affordable health insurance through our work and aren't low income. It's supposed to help the people who can't afford it normally.

I'm certainly willing to pay more in taxes if it works. My issue has always been the fact that it wasn't supposed to work as advertised. If it actually does work, I'll have to rethink my position.

Problem is companies are dropping their insurance plans and cutting hours in response to Obama care laws so people will be forced onto the program.

Problem is companies are dropping their insurance plans and cutting hours in response to Obama care laws so people will be forced onto the program.

and that will eventually lead us to a single payer system
how clever of those dems

and that will eventually lead us to a single payer system
how clever of those dems

That does seem to be the plan. It would have been nice if they were honest and said we want single payer, here is how it will be financed and here is how it will work. I am open to that but I would need to see numbers crunched and be presented facts and figures. The fact that they have to use these back door dishonest tactics to get single payer makes me think if we were presented facts and figures we would say no way and that is why they have resorted to treachery.

I love watching the CON game! I used YOUR state's OFFICIAL calculator.

So ya are at 94% of the poverty level because you don't report a lot of your income. You CLAIM you are willing to say your income is higher to stay off medicaid.... REALLY???? :confused:

That is difficult to believe as you are happily dancing around CLAIMING we taxpayers are subsidizing your insurance when your state has made low income folks eligible for a 100% free ride due to the ACA. You'd have a much bigger laugh to CLAIM we are subsidizing your medical care 100%!

Your CON game stinks from top to bottom.

You are proving what I have long held about CONs. They are actually closet liberals and unabashed 'Takers'. They are not against the PRINCIPLE of the government safety net.... just against the anything that doesn't give THEM the free bees. (and are not the least bit shy about admitting to being cheats and frauds)

I was having a bit of fun with you on your truck. My 3/4 t extended cab Dodge is just under 2 years old. My hunting truck is 26 years old, rebuilt engine and upgraded tranny.

Yes I make pretty good money and am ALWAYS willing to help the unfortunate, even if they lie, cheat, and steal for it. :peace

Please do not lump Sawyer with all conservatives. I am one -- and I play by the rules. Just like on the other side of the aisle, some people only play by the ones that favor them.

The numbers you found reflect an even bigger subsidy than my wife told me but in the same ball park. She put our exact income in at a point that would keep us off Medicaid and my "snazzy PU as you call it is 20 years old. :lol: I found some similar numbers here that have a similar subsidy to the OP and yours. When I put our numbers in we are subsidized $1035.00 a month. If you really do make good money, I enjoy the fact that you buy my insurance for me. As for you IRS people reading this I admit NOTHING! Just sayin lots of my income is cash which I report damnit!!!! :lol:

National Health Care Calculator

Wait, so you're a criminal?

That does seem to be the plan. It would have been nice if they were honest and said we want single payer, here is how it will be financed and here is how it will work. I am open to that but I would need to see numbers crunched and be presented facts and figures. The fact that they have to use these back door dishonest tactics to get single payer makes me think if we were presented facts and figures we would say no way and that is why they have resorted to treachery.

they have employers the opportunity to stay with the pre-existing employer based coverage
we can see that some of them are abandoning that approach and jettisoning their programs and are willing to pay the premium to allow their employees to attach to the single payer option
nothing wrong with that
thank you Obama voters

What's your annual income? I need to know before I thank you in particular. If you are a low earner you give me nothing, in fact you will be on the dole just like me.

Asking for someone's personal finances used to be considered impertinent.

they have employers the opportunity to stay with the pre-existing employer based coverage
we can see that some of them are abandoning that approach and jettisoning their programs and are willing to pay the premium to allow their employees to attach to the single payer option
nothing wrong with that
thank you Obama voters

IBM retirees were given no choice, they were thrown overboard.

Please do not lump Sawyer with all conservatives. I am one -- and I play by the rules. Just like on the other side of the aisle, some people only play by the ones that favor them.

Oh I don't think all CONs are like Sawyer, (I don't think Sawyer is like Sawyer half the time). But as CONs love painting all Progressives as commie liberals hell bent on destroying the USofA I from time to time have to give a little bit back. ;)

You must have noted several CONs refuse to believe I can be a Progressive that pays a nice chunk of taxes, a combat tested vet, own several sweet firearms (some have names), and make my money by hard honest sweat.

I think the biggest difference between most folks and the few rather irrational CONs in here is most of us don't like those who game the system, be it SNAP cards for money, healthy folks on disability or a welfare debit card getting cash for booze... ORRRR much care for those who scream a blue streak over a program that will help so many but when push comes to shove will lie, cheat and steal to get on it. :shock:

But we don't think ending the programs 'fixes' anything.

Sawyer's attitude was one of taunting the rest of us over the passage of ACA and how we are paying for his insurance, That is a typical CON fault. The point it is to help ALL citizens no matter race, creed, sexual orientation, or POLITICAL LEAN. I'm glad ANYONE/EVERYONE can benefit from the ACA, even Sawyer... :lol:

Companies answer to their stock holders and do the most fiscally prudent thing.

That often means behaving like douchebags.

Many companies are extremely successful without the need to behave like douchebags. I give those companies my business.

And the people who are unfortunate enough to work for these employers don't have healthcare anyway. That's why their hours are getting cut. The employers will have to offer it if the employees go over a certain hourly threshold. So the employees aren't really being screwed by anyone but their employer.

I don't do business with such companies, personally. I try to only give my business companies that treat their employees well. I'm perfectly fine with those that don't going out of business. It's about damned time, IMO.

The people making over 70k that are subsidizing my insurance premiums will be subject to the same death squads, still laughing?

Since "death squads" are a figment of your imagination? You damn betcha'. ;)

you have shown us nothing other than a math impairment
but you are welcome. because of us and or votes, the nation does not have mccain and romney ****ing things up

why should other people have to fund your health care costs?

The death panel thing does concern me. what happens if I'm 80 and need new knees or something? Does this El Cheapo insurance just say, sorry dude, we can't afford to put new knees in an old man.

If you're so concerned about death panels, you would simply save up hundreds of thousands of dollars for any care you need so you can pay out of pocket. If you have private insurance, you have a death panel. Part of why Medicare is so horribly expensive is because the government refuses to actually enact decent rationing of healthcare the same way private insurance does.

Anyone honestly afraid of death panels would get out of insurance and pay for everything out of pocket to avoid being subject to a death panel.

Back
Top Bottom