• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Thanksgiving Day Plans?

liblady

pirate lover
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
i am blessed, will have both of my children here. next week, except Friday. off. eating and sailing and playing with my grandson. i can't wait!

i am blessed, will have both of my children here. next week, except Friday. off. eating and sailing and playing with my grandson. i can't wait!

First time I noticed you live in Florida. I'm jealous.

I'm having my 83-year-old mom and her 82-year-old boyfriend over for dinner with Tom and me. I'll cook our turkey on Wednesday because, with the recipe I use, it's just much easier to do it in advance. And it's always deliciously moist. I'm buying a HUGE turkey so that mom and her boyfriend will have plenty of leftovers since neither does much cooking anymore.

After dinner, I figure we'll watch a movie and all take a nap. Ha!

The 'coons will get the turkey carcass for an early celebration Wednesday night.

I like Thanksgiving better than Christmas, actually.

Thanksgiving dinner at 12:00...fly at 15:00 :(

Saturday I'll be at the UNT/KSU football game...GO CATS!

First time I noticed you live in Florida. I'm jealous.

I'm having my 83-year-old mom and her 82-year-old boyfriend over for dinner with Tom and me. I'll cook our turkey on Wednesday because, with the recipe I use, it's just much easier to do it in advance. And it's always deliciously moist. I'm buying a HUGE turkey so that mom and her boyfriend will have plenty of leftovers since neither does much cooking anymore.

After dinner, I figure we'll watch a movie and all take a nap. Ha!

The 'coons will get the turkey carcass for an early celebration Wednesday night.

I like Thanksgiving better than Christmas, actually.

i do too....no expectations at thanksgiving. my favorite holiday. enjoy.

turkey around 3:00 pm. all the kids will be home. oldest son and his wife, daughter and her fiance, the two rugrats still at home. and me getting high on wine coolers and wild turkey. yeeeeeee haaaaaa.

turkey around 3:00 pm. all the kids will be home. oldest son and his wife, daughter and her fiance, the two rugrats still at home. and me getting high on wine coolers and wild turkey. yeeeeeee haaaaaa.

what a combo.....i'll stick with my wine. enjoy your family!

Thanksgiving dinner at 12:00...fly at 15:00 :(

Saturday I'll be at the UNT/KSU football game...GO CATS!

GO CATS! :D

I am emergency on-call the entire Thanksgiving weekend. Yippee. /ben stein voice

Traditional. Four generations of Clan McGoshin will gather en-masse at the home of The McGoshin Matriarch, our eldest living ancestor. This feared and revered being is also known as "Mom." ;)

We will entreat the blessings of the Almighty upon Clan McGoshin, and give thanks for all good things.

Then the people of the Clan McGoshin will feast on aardvarks, and sloths, and orangutans, and fruit bats, and breakfast cereals, and.... no wait a minute, that's Monty Python. I meant turkey, ham, broccoli-cheese casserole, sweet-tater casserole, dressing and cranberries. :mrgreen:

And the people of Clan McGoshin will lay about in a lazy manner and watch sporting events, talk about things, and watch the children, grandchildren and great-granchildren run by and admonish them not to be so noisy.

And The Matriarch will smile benevolently on us all, and tell us to clean up and GTFO until Christmas. :mrgreen:

Last edited:
I'm stuck spending time with the in-laws and eating the crappy food they will cook for thanksgiving dinner. Then, I get to go back to my parents' house and get some good food.

Then we'll go shopping on black friday.

I'm stuck spending time with the in-laws and eating the crappy food they will cook for thanksgiving dinner. Then, I get to go back to my parents' house and get some good food.

Then we'll go shopping on black friday.

You go into the Jungle that is Black Friday?

I will be spending the day with my wife, daughters and son in law. I usually do most of the cooking but this year I ordered a turducken. My favorite dish on TG is green been caserole. We will be watching football and enjoying each others company. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Going to gather with the family at my Mom's (ex-stepmother's) house and do my darndest not to strangle my sister. :angel?:

Going to family's, and eating ALOT of unhealthy food.

Unfortunately since moving, I don't have the excuse of "being too far away to get together".

I'll be forced to stay with the family for some measure of time. I miss the days when it was just me, some take-out, and a whole bunch of football with only obligatory 10 minute calls to random family inbetween.

And I still have Christmas to look forward to. No wonder it's the suicide season.

Unfortunately since moving, I don't have the excuse of "being too far away to get together".

I'll be forced to stay with the family for some measure of time. I miss the days when it was just me, some take-out, and a whole bunch of football with only obligatory 10 minute calls to random family inbetween.

And I still have Christmas to look forward to. No wonder it's the suicide season.

Did you move back into your parents basement? Kiddin:2razz:

I totally understand you on this one.

I hear yeah man!!! I freakin HATE the holiday season!!! It depresses me to NO end. I just want to stay home, drink beer and do my thing (like posting here :2wave: )
Not go to a family I only see 5 days out of the year and when I do they get ****-faced. Im sober the whole time because I dont drink and drive. Plus everyones life seems MUCH better..... not a little better..... MUCH better than mine!

I am meeting up with Mom and her friends for the 5th annual Bush Gardens Electric Rental Scooter Mayhem tomorrow. Non traditional and mostly painless, we share a meal around noon, and then all the various generations peel off and go do their thing, whether it be see the animals, go to shows, or go hit the roller coasters which are virtually line free because the park is very underpopulated.

Last edited:
My children will be with their mother this year, so I'll go up and visit my folks. I'll have dinner with my folks and kids on Saturday.

My children will be with their mother this year, so I'll go up and visit my folks. I'll have dinner with my folks and kids on Saturday.

enjoy thanksgiving on saturday! my son and his family leave today, but my mother is here for another few days. cherish the time you get.

Back
Top Bottom