• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Thanksgiving and I'll be...

Will you respect the CDC guidelines for Thanksgiving?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We were planning on going to Palm Springs for the long weekend, but we cancelled. We are having dinner with another couple, outside. We have both had covid, they haven't. I'm bringing over our Irish Terrier to play with their goofy pit-bull. They are both females, and the terrier is the dominant one of the two...

Why don't you try doing the math. And do so honestly.

So, no adults in your household...gotcha...

let me help you out there then..

worldwide.....58,879,742 cases with 1,409,064 deaths. 1,409,064/58,879,742 = 2.393%. 1- 2.293% = 97.91%
US.....12,833,794 cases with 264,534 deaths. 264,534/12,833,794=2.061 1-2.061%=97.94%

If that is too complicated for you, please let me know and I can explain what the symbols mean.

You do understand death rate is a proportional thing right.

Think about the word rate.

1606244911495.png

Now, this is a little behind, but I think you can easily see this is not the same as the flu when it comes to mortality.

So, no adults in your household...gotcha...

let me help you out there then..

worldwide.....58,879,742 cases with 1,409,064 deaths. 1,409,064/58,879,742 = 2.393%. 1- 2.293% = 97.91%
US.....12,833,794 cases with 264,534 deaths. 264,534/12,833,794=2.061 1-2.061%=97.94%

If that is too complicated for you, please let me know and I can explain what the symbols mean.
I said do it honestly I noticed you just aggregated totals of everything.

if you aggregated total deaths from the flu the number would be astronomically higher.

I said do it honestly I noticed you just aggregated totals of everything.

if you aggregated total deaths from the flu the number would be astronomically higher.

what the hell are you talking about? I used the official numbers.

WHO is discredited. The CDC counts the death based on the assumption of having died from covid-19. it's not a conspiracy the CDC says it themselves. Where do you think I got that information?

Do you call cancer deaths into question as well? What about heart disease deaths? If not, show how they are counted differently than COVID deaths.

The number of deaths from covid-19 is 6% of that number. The CDC themselves say that most cases it's assumed when a patient dies they die from corvid.

you are terribly mistaken in what the CDC said about this.

what the hell are you talking about? I used the official numbers.
You're just aggregating totals. We don't do that with the flu. We aggregate flew by the season.

I understand using numbers dishonestly even if they are the correct numbers. it's how you make something seems scarier than it really is.

You're just aggregating totals. We don't do that with the flu. We aggregate flew by the season.

I understand using numbers dishonestly even if they are the correct numbers. it's how you make something seems scarier than it really is.

you are making no sense at all, what do you mean by "aggregating totals"?

Do you call cancer deaths into question as well? What about heart disease deaths? If not, show how they are counted differently than COVID deaths.
No there's no need to assume cause of death in those cases. Hospitals don't get extra funding based on how many cancer and heart disease deaths they record.

If you're going to go temporarily illiterate I can't help you.

I know what the word means, I do not know what point you are trying to make.

either lay it out or just admit you are full of shit, your choice.

or are you just parroting a word you heard and have no idea what any of it means?

I know what the word means, I do not know what point you are trying to make.

either lay it out or just admit you are full of shit, your choice.
You're taking the numbers of deaths from the very beginning of the pandemic all the way up until this point. This is dishonest. An honest approach would be taking say the case totals from October and the death rate from October as an example.

Also the number of people that are assumed to have died from covid-19 is extremely inflated. in reality the number of people who actually died from covid-19 is about 6% of the total deaths attributed to it. So at this point it's about 12,000 deaths to covid-19. That would be a mild flu season if it was the same amount of time as a flu season but we're not counting it that way.

The number of deaths from covid-19 is 6% of that number. The CDC themselves say that most cases it's assumed when a patient dies they die from corvid.
How do you explain the excess mortality rate all this year? ODs? Suicide?

excess-mortality-raw-death-count_2.jpg

You're taking the numbers of deaths from the very beginning of the pandemic all the way up until this point. This is dishonest. An honest approach would be taking say the case totals from October and the death rate from October as an example.

I see what you are saying, but since we have not even gone a full year yet in the US it is appropriate to use the total as that is how we normally do things....the number of deaths per year from...." Once we get past the 1 year mark for the first known case in the US we can start to look at annual numbers and compare them to other things.

Also the number of people that are assumed to have died from covid-19 is extremely inflated. in reality the number of people who actually died from covid-19 is about 6% of the total deaths attributed to it. So at this point it's about 12,000 deaths to covid-19. That would be a mild flu season if it was the same amount of time as a flu season but we're not counting it that way.

No it is not, you have no idea what you are talking about. 6% of the deaths are attributed only to COVID-19, the rest are death brought on by COVID-19. This is how every death is counted. My FIL died of heart failure, due to cancer in the majority of his organs. Using your stupid ass logic he should not be counted as a cancer death.

If someone with COPD gets COVID and it exacerbates their condition so much that they die, it is 100% appropriate to list this as a COVID death. That is the way we count flu deaths. Almost nobody dies just of the flu, it is almost always the complications with other things that kills them yet it is still counted as a flu death because the flu caused the complications.

Last edited:
No there's no need to assume cause of death in those cases. Hospitals don't get extra funding based on how many cancer and heart disease deaths they record.

Oh ok, so it's a big conspiracy...

Oh ok, so it's a big conspiracy...

it is startling how little they think about those working in healthcare, accusing doctors and nurses of lying on official documents so the hospital can get a couple extra bucks.

what an insult to the healthcare workers

I see what you are saying, but since we have not even gone a full year yet in the US it is appropriate to use the total as that is how we normally do things....the number of deaths per year from...." Once we get past the 1 year mark for the first known case in the US we can start to look at annual numbers and compare them to other things.
right to get a certain narrative in the news media. Veterinarians being going to Trump rallies is dangerous going to your religious organizations is dangerous and doing business if you're not one of the Fortune 500 companies is dangerous but having black lives matter protests is perfectly fine. Thousands of people not following any kind of social protocol is 100% safe. But if you go to your church and worship your God you're killing America.

No it is not, you have no idea what you are talking about. 6% of the deaths are attributed only to COVID-19, the rest are death brought on by COVID-19.
or so it's assumed.
This is how every death is counted. My FIL died of heart failure, due to cancer in the majority of his organs. Using your stupid ass logic he should not be counted as a cancer death.
if he died in April of this year he would have been considered a covid 19 death
If someone with COPD gets COVID and it exacerbates their condition so much that they die, it is 100% appropriate to list this as a COVID death.
sure but then that requires you to do something you're not capable of doing. Use that thing inside your skull called the brain for more than just keeping your ears from violently slamming together. People with COPD and lung cancer and all these other ailments are fragile that means the flu could possibly kill them a common cold could possibly kill them.

If I don't have any of those things then it's probably not going to kill me. in fact the reason why it spreads so virulently and is because most people who get it show no symptoms. Meaning not even a head cold.
That is the way we count flu deaths. Almost nobody dies just of the flu, it is always the complications with other things that kills them yet it is still counted as a flu death because the flu caused the complications.
right so if you're a little diabetic or dying from any other condition viral infections will probably speed up that process there is nothing new here with regard to that.

it is startling how little they think about those working in healthcare, accusing doctors and nurses of lying on official documents so the hospital can get a couple extra bucks.
it's amazing how you fabricate your own strawman and think that I'm going to think that's my argument.

they aren't lying I never used the word lion I said assuming. And industries that operate in extreme deficits would do everything they can for extra money this isn't a conspiracy this is reality.
what an insult to the healthcare workers
is with most things with the left reality is bigotry.

or so it's assumed.

as with every death.

if he died in April of this year he would have been considered a covid 19 death

no he would not have since he would not have tested positive for COVID because he never left his house to come in contact with anyone that had it

sure but then that requires you to do something you're not capable of doing. Use that thing inside your skull called the brain for more than just keeping your ears from violently slamming together. People with COPD and lung cancer and all these other ailments are fragile that means the flu could possibly kill them a common cold could possibly kill them.

If I don't have any of those things then it's probably not going to kill me. in fact the reason why it spreads so virulently and is because most people who get it show no symptoms. Meaning not even a head cold.

then why are you whining about how they count the deaths if you know that they do this for everything? Very dishonest of you.

it's amazing how you fabricate your own strawman and think that I'm going to think that's my argument.

they aren't lying I never used the word lion I said assuming. And industries that operate in extreme deficits would do everything they can for extra money this isn't a conspiracy this is reality.
is with most things with the left reality is bigotry.

you are teh one that claimed they were making things COVID deaths to get extra money, too late to run away from it now

Back
Top Bottom