• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Thanksgiving and I'll be...

Will you respect the CDC guidelines for Thanksgiving?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Never had a huge social crowd to begin with, so I doubt I'd have to change much even if I was particularly concerned (which I'm not). In any case, most of my extended family lives more than 500 miles away, and is still working, so they won't be here. They may make an appearance for Christmas, however.

My wife actually works for her aunt here in town, however, so she and some of the people she lives with will likely be here.

Well, I'll put you down as part of the problem.

I have family in NYC, and Best Friends in California.

I have no plans to go to NYC because it is a mess with Governor Cuomo and Mayor De Blasio's fanatical authoritarian governments

I planned to go to Cali. But Governor Newsom is also being a "tool" of authoritarianism.

So I'll just stay home and do my own thing.

Well, whatever personal stupidity has landed you on the right decision, I will take it.

I'll be Partyin' like it's 1999 !!! the more the merrier !
Confused gubmnt bureaucrats don't run my life... I do !
I know better that which is best for me and mine.
Those you do not see now, may not be here next year... or next week; I will not regret the error of not seeing my loved ones and friends...

Excellent parody of the selfish mah freedumbs mouth-breathers, 10/10.

Thursday is Thanksgiving and the CDC has asked that we all celebrate with only our household members.
They have asked that we don't all congregate as usual with extended family and friends.
Will you be respecting the CDC guidelines or will you "fudge" a bit and see your kids, parents or someone very close to you who doesn't live with you?
Or will you say **** it, it's a holiday and I going to do as always?
According to the poll results one third of respondents will not comply and we wonder why we can't get a grip on this virus. Duh.

Thursday is Thanksgiving and the CDC has asked that we all celebrate with only our household members.
They have asked that we don't all congregate as usual with extended family and friends.
Will you be respecting the CDC guidelines or will you "fudge" a bit and see your kids, parents or someone very close to you who doesn't live with you?
Or will you say **** it, it's a holiday and I going to do as always?

We normally host Thanksgiving but this year it will just be my wife, daughter and myself.

This post is just a juvenile as your orange god.
I hope your neighbor has the good sense to call the police.

Oh, yes, call the Gestapo, and the Stasi. That's a perfectly rational response to a simple family dinner. :rolleyes:

How about you mind your own damn business?

Just my wife and me. We are staying put. We are not having anyone over, not even our daughter and son in law.

Oh, yes, call the Gestapo, and the Stasi. That's a perfectly rational response to a simple family dinner. :rolleyes:

How about you mind your own damn business?

My community is my damned business. Just as I would be morally and socially obligated to call the police if my neighbor beat his wife, I shoulder that same responsibility when ignorant selfish slobs are placing each other and my community in jeopardy.

Will you take care of the family of the health worker that gets Covid and dies when they get Covid from a guest who gets it at your Thanksgiving dinner?

The world is not all about you. We have mutual responsibilities.

Your attitude is the essence of "deplorable."

Your attitude is the essence of "deplorable."

Thank you. :)

Now, if you're done being a puffed up authoritarian busy body and drama queen, some of us have lives to live and dinners to eat. Enjoy your bubble. I hope you feel very safe there.

Just my wife and me. We are staying put. We are not having anyone over, not even our daughter and son in law.
That's good. As long as we can be safe then it will be good for the years to come

The flu doesn't kill over 1,000 Americans every day.
Calculate the amount of infected and realize that's only people who have been tested so there could be 20% more, and then the number of people who've died keep in mind that's related to covered are assumed to be they are not definite so there's a margin of error there.

Odd how the CDC and WHO disagree with you on that one. Must be another one of those "Deep State" conspiracies...
WHO is discredited. The CDC counts the death based on the assumption of having died from covid-19. it's not a conspiracy the CDC says it themselves. Where do you think I got that information?

Back
Top Bottom