• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Thanks to Your Star

YS is a quality person, a true hockey fan, and a good example of why we should be hopeful for the future. SHe did a great job as a mod and was a real asset to the team. It was a pleasure to work with her.

She was an amazing influence on debate and helped this board. I didn't always agree with her, but I always respected her.

I understand you have to make sure mods are active and it's a responsiblity I don't envy. But she is missed and I hate to see it happen.

I hope she is well and just too busy living a good life to get to us.

Due to inactivity, we are de-modding Your Star. I'd like to thank YS for her contributions to the moderation team.
i read the OP like three times before anyone responded and i kept thinking that there was some kind of star system that was changing.

now i feel really stupid.

She seemed great. I like her. Let's hope she's O.K.

Maybe instead of bans, DP should do 'mods'? It seems it works to make users disappear. Skeptic Bob, comes to mind!

Maybe instead of bans, DP should do 'mods'? It seems it works to make users disappear. Skeptic Bob, comes to mind!
It should remind us mods do a thankless job that is more work than it looks like. Both on their own time and sometimes in interference on why they are here in the first place.

You know when you feel like somebody is missing but can't quite place it? Your Star!

Dang it... I hope she is doing well and we hear back from her.

Your Star was always friendly, always fair, and always a straight shooter.

Hope she is well and I wish her all the best.

i read the OP like three times before anyone responded and i kept thinking that there was some kind of star system that was changing.

now i feel really stupid.

This is the first thing that’s made me laugh in awhile.

I can picture @Your Star finished up Graduate School and jumped into the thick of a life that no longer included active participation in DP. My real life activities sometimes pull me away from here too.

@Skeptic Bob's disappearance leaves me far more puzzled! He loved DP! He disappeared mysteriously, almost like when someone dies!

Both members added significant value to DP.

I can picture @Your Star finished up Graduate School and jumped into the thick of a life that no longer included active participation in DP. My real life activities sometimes pull me away from here too.

@Skeptic Bob's disappearance leaves me far more puzzled! He loved DP! He disappeared mysteriously, almost like when someone dies!

Both members added significant value to DP.
Don't say that!

I'm kinda' wondering if he may have succumbed to the perceived pressure & commitment, and perhaps backed-out suffering embarrassment. I've seen this occur with guys with job offers, IRL.

Anyway, he was a great guy, and I really liked him. I hope he's alright!

She was a very good and fair Mod. She will be missed.

I remember Your Star well from my time here. She is a classy person and I wish her all the best wherever life takes her.

Thank you, Jetboogieman. I appreciate it.

I just sort of assumed that since US foreign policy would stop being pants-on-head stupid in a couple weeks that you'd feel like chiming in again.

Always liked Your Star, of course, but I understand that people check in and out of DP often, like DonSutherland.

America is not divided by race, color, gender or sexual orientation. America is divided into wise people and fools. The fools are the ones who divide themselves by race, color, gender or sexual orientation.

]
I can agree with that

Back
Top Bottom