• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Thanks to Risky Thicket

I'm gonna open a restaurant, serve food on my nuts and call it "A Taste of the Basement".

Better to open a taco stand.......

No disrespect, Risky!

before i comment i need to new 1) if he golfs, 2) who is his favorite sports team and 3) does he say "ant" or "aunt".

1. I don't like golf. I'd rather fish. However, I found that any shot I take near water results in something similar to fishing.

2. College sports - The University of Georgia
Professional football - The Bears, Kansas City, and I'm still waiting on Jacksonville to actually have a pro football team.

3. Good question. Generally it is "ant" and sometimes it's "ain't". I've never said "aunt".

Thanks everyone. I'll still be posting.

It just reached a point where I was becoming a jaded, crusty, old sumbitch. That's not the DM I signed up to be. I was losing my sense of humor. I want it back. In time I hope to return to being a crusty old sumbitch with a sense of humor.

Thank you all.

@Risky Thicket and I go back further than DP and he's always been one of the most thoughtful and provocative people I've ever encountered. Finding him here made me feel even more at home.
I hope this decision was spurred by nothing more serious than simply wanting more free time, and not a withdrawal due to unhappy personal circumstances. Stick around Risky, and stay safe and well!

Thanks, brother. No unhappy personal circumstances. It was just time. I need the break and I don't want to dog it and have the rest of the DMs pick up the slack. I like the DMs and Mod teams too much to have them pick up my slack. That wouldn't be fair to anyone.

I'm not going anywhere. You're stuck with me, Checkers, for another 15 years at least.

Thanks, brother. No unhappy personal circumstances. It was just time. I need the break and I don't want to dog it and have the rest of the DMs pick up the slack. I like the DMs and Mod teams too much to have them pick up my slack. That wouldn't be fair to anyone.

I'm not going anywhere. You're stuck with me, Checkers, for another 15 years at least.

Sure hope so!
Did you get your shot yet?
I just came back from getting my first one, next one is March 14th.
There were a zillion people there but NatGuard and FEMA were running a tight ship and
the lines just kept moving moving moving, in and out in an hour.

VAX site CSU1.jpg

"F*** YOU COVID!!!" 😁😁😁

Sure hope so!
Did you get your shot yet?
I just came back from getting my first one, next one is March 14th.
There were a zillion people there but NatGuard and FEMA were running a tight ship and
the lines just kept moving moving moving, in and out in an hour.

View attachment 67319374

"F*** YOU COVID!!!" 😁😁😁

Yes, I got my first one. No reaction other than being a little tired in the afternoon. I'll get 2nd one next week.

Did you have any reaction?

Thanks everyone. I'll still be posting.

It just reached a point where I was becoming a jaded, crusty, old sumbitch. That's not the DM I signed up to be. I was losing my sense of humor. I want it back. In time I hope to return to being a crusty old sumbitch with a sense of humor.

Thank you all.
Glad you're not going anywhere, we need all the good people here we can get. ;)

Yes, I got my first one. No reaction other than being a little tired in the afternoon. I'll get 2nd one next week.

Did you have any reaction?

So far, nothing.
Karen laughed and said, "Don't come crying to me about a sore arm tomorrow!😂"
and I told her that if a sore arm is the worst case scenario, big hairy deal, ya know?

That's all she noticed, a wee bit lightheaded, sore arm and 36 hours later she felt fine.
I doubt I'll even have a sore arm, but if I do I'll just snuggle up with her and the animals and veg out for a day.
Only downside is, Miss Fiona Kitty tries to hit me up twice an hour for Temptations kitty treats like she's a kitty crackhead because she knows she can get away with it if I'm in bed during the day.
I used to call her a four pound menace to society but my chest says she's closer to ten pounds now.

"I want my kitty treats and I want them NOW."
FionaFocused.jpg

I hope Risky sticks around to post and debate. His takes are always thoughtful, IMO.

Moderator's Warning:
Just a reminder, this isn't the Basement. Let's knock it off.

I forgot it wasn't the Basement as I was reading along (although I had no desire to post anything blue). So your warning took me by surprise and made me laugh. I love it when you tell people to "Knock it off", Red. (y)

Back
Top Bottom