• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Thank you trump!!!

plutonium

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I rent apartments to used to be homeless veterans and regular veterans. Some of them did not get there checks that is suppose to come at the end of December. These are older disabled vets!!! Thanks a F--king lot Trump!!

I rent apartments to used to be homeless veterans and regular veterans. Some of them did not get there checks that is suppose to come at the end of December. These are older disabled vets!!! Thanks a F--king lot Trump!!

Well Trump did notify the OPM to issue out sample statements of "Please forgive the fact that Trump is using the government employees as bargaining chips for his wall" forms to give to you.

Think he cares about Vets? Or the GOP does in general? They've always been a useful prop for the 'manly pro war' party, that's all.

Thank Pelosi and Schumer

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thank Pelosi and Schumer

Since McConnell is the head of the Senate, thank him since he won't bring a vote unless Trump approves and Trump is the only one that can order congress into session right now. So much for checks and balances. You just want to dub Trump as king.

Thank Pelosi and Schumer

No, they don't have the power to start things up again. They only have the power to compromise their principles for a man who has none. You guys are priceless. You're completely incapable of introspection, just bitter racists who think the liberals stole their sheets.

Since McConnell is the head of the Senate, thank him since he won't bring a vote unless Trump approves and Trump is the only one that can order congress into session right now. So much for checks and balances. You just want to dub Trump as king.
I agree that he should call a vote. Put them all on record.

No, they don't have the power to start things up again. They only have the power to compromise their principles for a man who has none. You guys are priceless. You're completely incapable of introspection, just bitter racists who think the liberals stole their sheets.
Your attitude is why the gov is shutdown and will remain that way.

I'm ok with that, still not going to change the fact that McConnell can use the nuclear option for the wall if they want to. They don't. So it's not on the Dems AT ALL right now. Now when the Dems take the house in a few days, THEN you start applying blame depending on what the house and the senate talk about.

Right now with the Republican holding the house and the senate (which can use the nuclear option), this shutdown is ALL ON THE REPUBLICANS and Trump.

I'm ok with that, still not going to change the fact that McConnell can use the nuclear option for the wall if they want to. They don't. So it's not on the Dems AT ALL right now. Now when the Dems take the house in a few days, THEN you start applying blame depending on what the house and the senate talk about.
I dont think he has the votes to do it with Corker and flake still in the Senate.

Wait a second. Are you saying that your tenants are receiving VA compensation and disability pensions?
If they're not getting theirs, it means that my wife will not be getting hers either, as she is a 100% service connected disabled Navy vet, and VA disability pensioners were assured that their money would not be cut off.

His telephone number has a 202 area code, did you need a quarter to call him? :lamo

I dont think he has the votes to do it with Corker and flake still in the Senate.

Again, that is STILL on the Republicans and Trump. As I mentioned when the Dem house takes over it is up to them to come up with a plan and send it to the senate. If McConnel still doesn't put it up for a vote, then the shutdown is still on the Republicans because McConnel won't even put it up for a vote.

Just as I didn't like the Dems holding up bills without voting, I don't like the Republicans doing the same thing. The house and senate should follow the rules and if those two come up with a compromise, send it to Trump and let HIM veto it. Then it goes back to see if they can overiide. THAT is the process and THAT is what should be done. Not this "I refuse to even hold a vote on it because I don't like it" **** that BOTH the Dems and Republicans do when they hold control on the house or senate.

Your attitude is why the gov is shutdown and will remain that way.

What, the attitude that "bipartisanship ought to consist of Democrats coming to the Republican point of view"?

giphy.gif

Too bad that you didn't elect enough chumps of your own but you're not going to find any over here.
Now, as your boss already said, this is his shutdown, and as he already said, he is proud of his shutdown.

You need to get off our tit and start asking your boss some serious questions, but you won't, because for you, a government shutdown isn't a bug, it's a feature. When you guys talk about government being broken, you're not complaining, you're BOASTING.

And you seem to think we're stupid enough not to understand that.

Next, he's going to shut down the border entirely, and it's going to cost everyone in business millions, maybe even billions. And a lot of those people will be Republicans. And once again, when you do the
"IN EMERGENCY - BREAK GLASS AND BLAME DEMOCRATS" thing, I will once again remind you that your hero is proud of his shutdown, and so are you guys, his worshipping brethren.

The flaw here is in the way you guys think, not us.
He was ready to sign the previous bill until RW hate radio started taunting him.

Your hero is an idiot who does whatever Fox or AM radio tells him to.

th-republican-way-create-a-problem-blame-democrats-for-the-5917591.png

Last edited:
What do you expect? He "likes" soldiers that dont get captured...or wounded, old, or sick.

Last edited:

Either your tenants are lying to you or you are lying to us.

Something amiss here:

The Department of Veterans Affairs tweeted a reminder that payments to veterans are unaffected by the shutdown. Social Security checks will keep being sent. And at least for the month of January, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits will still be distributed to eligible households.

Vets I know have not had an issue with receiving their checks.

I doubt any disability/retirement checks are part of a "shutdown".

What group is small and silent enough to get ****ed like that?

Checks received last week and this week were cut before the shutdown.

Something amiss here:

Vets I know have not had an issue with receiving their checks.

Yep, VA benefits, including pensions and disability payments, are uninterrupted.

Checks received last week and this week were cut before the shutdown.

Doesn’t matter. Vets are paid from a pot of money not affected. Only active duty military will suffer any additional financial hardship as a result of the shutdown continuing.

That sounds like BS to me - my father and youngest brother both get VA funds and they have not been delayed.

https://www.blogs.va.gov/VAntage/55126/va-not-affected-by-shutdown/

https://shuster.house.gov/government-shutdown-faq

It is possible if these vets aren't in the VA system yet and are only getting federal assistance in the form of welfare, food stamps and housing vouchers.
The problem is, it takes a very long time for VA disability claims to get processed, even in the best of times, it's just a lengthy bureaucratic process, that's all.
Right now, with the government being shut down, that process is at a total halt but so are all federal grants to states for assistance, and the federal monies themselves.
Some veteran service organizations try to help vets by lining them up with welfare, housing assistance grants and food stamps until their VA disability claims come through, and here is where our buddy Plutonium might be feeling the pinch.

My suggestion, if your total number of tenants is something like a half dozen or so, is to contact the American Red Cross and see if they are able to come up with emergency funding to tide you over in the interim. You have nothing to lose for asking. The Red Cross can give the funds to the veterans and the veterans can pay you your rent.

Not guaranteeing it will work but the fact that it is wintertime may help your case, as the Red Cross isn't keen on allowing homeless people to be thrown out into the winter cold. Those are some of the people the Red Cross tries to help. It's what they do.
They might not give YOU the money directly but they probably will help the veterans.

My wife and I help disabled vets who aren't yet in the system, and we even refer to them as "Veterans who haven't come in from the cold".
It's a widespread phenomenon, disabled vets who are either stuck in the mindset that asking for their claim is begging for charity or who are so proud that they believe that they shouldn't ask Uncle Sam for something Uncle Sam owes them, or thinking that Uncle Sam DOESN'T owe them to begin with.

Plutonium, if your tenants are disabled, either physically or because of PTSD or otherwise, they should all be seeking help from VA disablity law firms to help them process their disability claims.
It would make their lives a lot better.
In fact, for most of them, it would transform their lives entirely.

Back
Top Bottom