• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Thank you trump!!!

...and you think the Democrats care any more that the others do? They don't.
Any vet who thinks the government emotionally cares of them are in for a huge disappointment.

They don't wrap themselves in the flag and claim the mantle to nearly the extent Republicans do. Hell Trump even lied about donating to them till they twisted his arm and he coughed up.

Read your own posts. I see you are changing your story now that the lie has been exposed.
I am talking about the lie you are spreading about DISABLED VETERAN'S not getting their money.
They are.
You, or anyone else saying they are not are spreading a lie for political purposes.
Just like I said.
You, and anyone else, who says disabled veteran's are not getting their money are spreading a lie.
This is a fact. They are getting their money just fine.

Of course, i do realize this is the internet and you do not have the ability to admit you are 100% wrong about this lie you and others are spreading.

but it IS a lie.

DISABLED VETERANS are getting their money.

Federal government is shut down and my comment is 100% correct so you are lying. It’s ok I know you trump supporters are lying defenders of anything trump. Pathetic but then that’s trump supporters.

Please explain what McConnell's position does in relationship to getting bill H.R. 695 passed?
From my civics classes the leader procedurally gets to brings a vote to the floor on what bill is to be considered, once its agreed upon to be considered what power does he have?

In 72 hours the new legislators take office but what changes will make a difference? Is the house going to pass a new spending bill that will sit on ideal at the senate like we have now. So what will make this over?

The Senate took the first step to avert a partial U.S. government shutdown by passing a temporary spending bill that puts off a confrontation over President Donald Trump’s proposed border wall until February.

The bill, passed by voice vote Wednesday night, would keep government agencies open by extending current funding through Feb. 8. The House will now take up the measure, and leaders from both parties have signaled support.

Trump, who had demanded the spending bill include new money for the wall on the U.S.-Mexico border, hasn’t said whether he’d sign it.

That was December 19, 2018.

This is what happened between Dec, 19th and now:
"Trump fell in line behind Hannity on border wall"

Uh...............can you explain that?? Really??
If the left were not so rigidly intolerant it would not be necessary to take a.hardline stance. Reasonable compromises by the left would have avoided this entirely.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

If the left were not so rigidly intolerant it would not be necessary to take a.hardline stance. Reasonable compromises by the left would have avoided this entirely.

The border wall isn't something you can have a reasonable compromise over because it will cost a helluva lot more than five billion dollars.
Hearing Trumpians talk about reasonable compromises is the laugh riot of the century.

Name ONE reasonable compromise Trump has made with Democrats.
The level of chutzpah from you guys is incredible.

The border wall isn't something you can have a reasonable compromise over because it will cost a helluva lot more than five billion dollars.
Hearing Trumpians talk about reasonable compromises is the laugh riot of the century.

We are currently arguing over $5 Billion.

Facts are Facts.

HAPPY NEW YEAR! :2dancing:

We are currently arguing over $5 Billion.

Facts are Facts.

And in six weeks time we'll be facing another showdown from Trump, and it won't be about $5 Bn.
He was ready to sign a clean CR.
We all know what happened.

And in six weeks time we'll be facing another showdown from Trump, and it won't be about $5 Bn.
He was ready to sign a clean CR.
We all know what happened.

If they had any sense they would kick the can much further down the road than that.....they have had so much can kicking practice, surely they can manage.

Trump could be gone next week, you never know with him, and all of the junk food he eats.

That was December 19, 2018.

This is what happened between Dec, 19th and now:
"Trump fell in line behind Hannity on border wall"

I am aware of what happened. You keep trying to divert attention to sensationalized reporting and rhetoric. HR 695 was amended adding funding for the government in the senate, then went back to the house who amended it to add border wall money, now it sits back at the senate. Where the procedures have taken place to have the bill considered and now they are awaiting for cloture but democrats are filibustering the motion. So here we sit. You keep trying to avoid admitting that democrats are filibustering, for some odd reason.

I am aware of what happened. You keep trying to divert attention to sensationalized reporting and rhetoric.

Except it isn't sensationalized. It's what really happened.

Except it isn't sensationalized. It's what really happened.

No the cut off part of my quote is what really happened,
HR 695 was amended adding funding for the government in the senate, then went back to the house who amended it to add border wall money, now it sits back at the senate. Where the procedures have taken place to have the bill considered and now they are awaiting for cloture but democrats are filibustering the motion. So here we sit. You keep trying to avoid admitting that democrats are filibustering, for some odd reason.

No the cut off part of my quote is what really happened,
HR 695 was amended adding funding for the government in the senate, then went back to the house who amended it to add border wall money

They did that because this happened.

You want to call it a filibuster, go ahead. I'll call it a filibuster if that makes you happy.
It doesn't change the fact that the reason Democrats won't allow the vote is because they wanted a clean bill, both sides supported a clean bill and then, suddenly, after this happened, suddenly Republicans feverishly inserted border wall funding to appease Trump.

Democrats version of compromise is give them everything they ask for, get nothing in return.

Keep your compromise.

Ah yes the reliable ole but the children argument. You're all very fond of using children as political pawns to get your way. You must be so proud.

Well, if children weren't such common victims of right wing ideology I wouldn't mention them. Why, do you actually care if they suffer for your wall battle? I'm not seeing it.

I'm not proud of having to point out to adults that their actions have consequences, you guys should be smart or moral enough to understand that but you're not. So much of conservative "principle" is built upon a foundation of willful ignorance and re-defining the consequences. Calling Hispanic children "illegal" justifies your apathy to their suffering, does it not? Imagining you are saving the country with the wall justifies allowing thousands of American public servants to be cut off from their source of income, right?

It's far too late for conservatives to deny who they are. That they are shamelessly apathetic to the collateral damage of their policies is not debatable, not with so many examples. I have no desire to continue to remind you of character deficits of which you have no will to acknowledge or to change but it's a glaring contradiction to who conservatives pretend to be. They wrap themselves in the flag and in the liberating love of Jesus and those magical virtues become armor that protects them from EVER having to engage in painful introspection.

The human cost of their apathy to the poor, to minorities and to the "damned" exists ironically in those who demand constant patronizing of their own perpetual butthurt. It's YOUR ilk who are, shockingly, proud, not mine. We on the left are ashamed to have to call greedy and heartless bigots our countrymen. But, there we are.

Well, if children weren't such common victims of right wing ideology I wouldn't mention them. Why, do you actually care if they suffer for your wall battle? I'm not seeing it.

I'm not proud of having to point out to adults that their actions have consequences, you guys should be smart or moral enough to understand that but you're not. So much of conservative "principle" is built upon a foundation of willful ignorance and re-defining the consequences. Calling Hispanic children "illegal" justifies your apathy to their suffering, does it not? Imagining you are saving the country with the wall justifies allowing thousands of American public servants to be cut off from their source of income, right?

It's far too late for conservatives to deny who they are. That they are shamelessly apathetic to the collateral damage of their policies is not debatable, not with so many examples. I have no desire to continue to remind you of character deficits of which you have no will to acknowledge or to change but it's a glaring contradiction to who conservatives pretend to be. They wrap themselves in the flag and in the liberating love of Jesus and those magical virtues become armor that protects them from EVER having to engage in painful introspection.

The human cost of their apathy to the poor, to minorities and to the "damned" exists ironically in those who demand constant patronizing of their own perpetual butthurt. It's YOUR ilk who are, shockingly, proud, not mine. We on the left are ashamed to have to call greedy and heartless bigots our countrymen. But, there we are.
Build the wall for the sake of all the children being endangered because they think it's easy to cross our border illegally

Tell the left wing activist groups to stop sending them here for the children's sake

In the inhumanity, stop the carnage.

See two can play at that nonsense so cry me a river about federal employees children starving to death. I can actually cite real examples of children being harmed trying to illegally migrate here. Can you cite any examples of federal employees children being harmed from the shutdown?

It's hard to take your arguments seriously when you use these melodramatic theatrics.

I think completely shutting the border down was an empty threat. As far as the gov shutdown goes I cod care less how long it takes for the Dems to concede.

:lamo:lamo:rofl:rofl

Democrats version of compromise is give them everything they ask for, get nothing in return.

Keep your compromise.

You can forget your stupid wall no matter what. It was never a real thing anyway. It is purely a symbol of Trump and his supporters idiocy. That's why Mexico was going to pay for it. :lamo

Another lie, the previous (clean) bill enjoyed bipartisan support.

This happened.
That's his opinion and the hill is portraying it ss fact. For arguments sake let's say he got it right. So what. When is the last time Congress ever passed a "clean" bill.

You want to be a purest, you go first. Demand the Democrats pass a bill exclusively for wall funding and then we will talk about passing a bill for daca citizenship. What's the matter dont you trust our promises?

That's his opinion and the hill is portraying it ss fact. For arguments sake let's say he got it right. So what. When is the last time Congress ever passed a "clean" bill.

You want to be a purest, you go first. Demand the Democrats pass a bill exclusively for wall funding and then we will talk about passing a bill for daca citizenship. What's the matter dont you trust our promises?

They were all set to do exactly that until Hannity came on.
He's not the only one saying that Trump is scared of Hannity, Rush, et al either.
I'm sure you don't need any memory pills so I know that you are aware of the dozen or so other Republicans who are pissed off that he pulled this stunt.

Face it, this shutdown is a Trump dumpster fire and he owns it and so do you.
And in 48 hours the dust will settle and America will look back on it the same way they have looked back on the other Republican Party shutdowns since Gingrich held the gavel.

Back
Top Bottom