• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Thank you trump!!!

Your attitude is why the gov is shutdown and will remain that way.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Right, until we all patronize your bigotry you're going to starve the children of public employees. Got it.

Right, until we all patronize your bigotry you're going to starve the children of public employees. Got it.
Ah yes the reliable ole but the children argument. You're all very fond of using children as political pawns to get your way. You must be so proud.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Then why did you make that earlier moronic post?

How can McConnell get the bill on the floor to a vote when democrats keep objecting?

Trump continues to MAGA. Last summer he kicked the famers in the balls. Why shouldn't a few homeless vets get stomped on as well? He can get away with this because he knows these folks won't abandon him, no matter what he does. "I could shoot someone ..."

I would go with checkerboards advice and have him seek advocacy groups specializing in such, truthfully back injuries are on the va's top denial list, as back injuries are extremely common and the govt does not want to pay out on it. I will put it this way, short of a back injury that makes it to where you can not bend over at all, most are lucky to see 20% compensation, many just flat out denied. However there are ways around their craptastic system of auto denial, but you need someone on your side who knows how the va system works or you need some serious research in it.

What makes it confusing is that the va has default compensation for back injuries which is among the lowest the va pays out, however you can get compensation for other things including symptoms of such, but the va obviously is not always straightfowards about such stuff.

I always recommend getting the help of a VA disability law firm if the case is overly complex or if it involves anything to do with PTSD or back injuries. They are always highly motivated because if they don't win, they don't get paid. They only take a few percent off the top for a few years and in time they're finished and it's all yours.
To the best of my knowledge they generally do not tap into your back pay award because it is separate from your disability compensation, also known as "Comp and Pen".

But you still need to be very familiar with the process and you still need to have some guidance from veterans service organizations even after your claim award is given, because there are too many benefits to list in detail, some change or improve over time, even year to year, and it takes an experienced service officer to know the ropes.

For instance, VA paid the entire cost of handicap conversion for my wife's first handi-van, a 2004 Dodge Caravan by Braun.
But we didn't know that due to the benefit amount INCREASE over the next decade, that she was still qualified to get ANOTHER van converted.
And so, armed with this new knowledge, and with "Old Bessie" pretty much getting worn out, she went and got a 2017 Chrysler Pacifica, and VA paid for that conversion, too....this time by VMI. (a much better outfit)

We had spent the last six years thinking that once Old Bessie had bitten the dust, we'd be out of luck.
Meet Miss Ruby, Old Bessie's replacement. It was delivered to Karen while she was still in the VA hospital for kidney work.

Pacifica211.jpg

I rent apartments to used to be homeless veterans and regular veterans. Some of them did not get there checks that is suppose to come at the end of December. These are older disabled vets!!! Thanks a F--king lot Trump!!

You're thanking/blaming the WRONG PERSON/PEOPLE:

democrats choose illegals over soldiers.jpg

I rent apartments to used to be homeless veterans and regular veterans. Some of them did not get there checks that is suppose to come at the end of December. These are older disabled vets!!! Thanks a F--king lot Trump!!

Well Trump did notify the OPM to issue out sample statements of "Please forgive the fact that Trump is using the government employees as bargaining chips for his wall" forms to give to you.

Fake news.
Disabled veterans are NOT government employees.
...and ALL disabled veteran's direct deposits for December went to their banks just fine.
These posts were made for propaganda purposes.

Fake news.
Disabled veterans are NOT government employees.
...and ALL disabled veteran's direct deposits for December went to their banks just fine.
These posts were made for propaganda purposes.

It’s fake news that he directed OPM to send out the memo to those on the shutdown? Sorry but you need to actually look.

Think he cares about Vets? Or the GOP does in general? They've always been a useful prop for the 'manly pro war' party, that's all.

...and you think the Democrats care any more that the others do? They don't.
Any vet who thinks the government emotionally cares of them are in for a huge disappointment.

S&P down 6% this year. Too much winning for me.

They can't sign any bills to reopen the Govt. Only Trump can.

All disabled veteran's got their direct deposits In December.
Saying otherwise is false.
They will also get them from now on.
Their entitlements had already been funded.

Any posts to the contrary are propaganda intended to spark strong emotions and nothing else.

It’s fake news that he directed OPM to send out the memo to those on the shutdown? Sorry but you need to actually look.

I looked at my bank deposit record.
My December disabled veteran direct deposit got there just fine.
You are spreading a lie for political purposes.

I looked at my bank deposit record.
My December direct deposit got there just fine.
You are spreading a lie for political purposes.

So everyone in the federal government is getting paid right now then? If not, there is nothing fake news about trump directing OPM to send out those memos I mentioned.

So everyone in the federal government is getting paid right now then? If not, there is nothing fake news about trump directing OPM to send out those memos I mentioned.

Read your own posts. I see you are changing your story now that the lie has been exposed.
I am talking about the lie you are spreading about DISABLED VETERAN'S not getting their money.
They are.
You, or anyone else saying they are not are spreading a lie for political purposes.
Just like I said.
You, and anyone else, who says disabled veteran's are not getting their money are spreading a lie.
This is a fact. They are getting their money just fine.

Of course, i do realize this is the internet and you do not have the ability to admit you are 100% wrong about this lie you and others are spreading.

but it IS a lie.

DISABLED VETERANS are getting their money.

Last edited:
They can't sign any bills to reopen the Govt. Only Trump can.

True. But they have to submit a bill that the House and Senate agree on for Trump to sign or reject.

True. But they have to submit a bill that the House and Senate agree on for Trump to sign or reject.

And you can bet they will as soon as the new members are seated. Whether he refuses to budge and make a fool out of himself is another story.

It's going to get really interesting. Trump is as dumb as a stump and has no political experience. You can say what you want about Pelosi, but she is going to eat Trump for breakfast as she's been around the block a few times and knows the ropes. He's clueless and won't even listen to anyone.

Links please...

The government spending bill (that re-opens government) is under consideration at the senate. The bills official title is H.R. 695. So debates are currently open in the senate and to end the debate the senate has to vote for a "cloture vote" which would end debate so they can proceed to an up or down (pass or no pass) vote.
For the bill to pass they only need a simple majority 51 votes or for a 50 +1 VP Yeay's vote. But to get to that point you first need that "cloture vote". Which needs 3/5ths or plainly 60 yes votes. This is where we currently sit because even thou all republicans are willing to vote Yes on a cloture vote democrats have expressed that they are united in saying no to a cloture vote on H.R. 695. And they republicans need at 9 democrats to say Yes. This is also known as a filibuster. So senate Democrats are filibustering the government appropriations bill due to it have $5 billion for a border wall.

You wont find links from the media on that but I could redirect you to senate rules and regulations page if you'd like.

You people are assuming that all disabled veterans are already getting VA Comp and Pen.
If that were the case, Karen and I wouldn't have anybody to help, and all the outrage sirens about how horrible the VA is to deal with would have evaporated like fog at Noon on the Southern California coast in June a long time ago.

The fact is, (A) a LARGE LARGE number of veterans are NOT getting their comp and pen, even disabled ones, (B) some didn't seek it out, (C) some believe that their rightful comp and pen is "charity", (D) some gave up trying to navigate the system with no help or the wrong kind of help, and some are not mentally/psychologically capable of navigating the claims process altogether.
These people are the ones who fell through the cracks in the system and in cases like this, they are not GETTING VA money at all, they're getting public assistance.

One question quiz:
Are federal assistance payments going through during the shutdown?

But of course it is so convenient to automatically assume the OP is lying, especially because they didn't sign "MAGA" to their post, right?

The government spending bill (that re-opens government) is under consideration at the senate. The bills official title is H.R. 695. So debates are currently open in the senate and to end the debate the senate has to vote for a "cloture vote" which would end debate so they can proceed to an up or down (pass or no pass) vote.
For the bill to pass they only need a simple majority 51 votes or for a 50 +1 VP Yeay's vote. But to get to that point you first need that "cloture vote". Which needs 3/5ths or plainly 60 yes votes. This is where we currently sit because even thou all republicans are willing to vote Yes on a cloture vote democrats have expressed that they are united in saying no to a cloture vote on H.R. 695. And they republicans need at 9 democrats to say Yes. This is also known as a filibuster. So senate Democrats are filibustering the government appropriations bill due to it have $5 billion for a border wall.

You wont find links from the media on that but I could redirect you to senate rules and regulations page if you'd like.

You've misused the word "filibuster" and used it to define a simple refusal to vote in favor of the bill.
The bill contains measures that the Democrats object to, so why should they vote in support of them, particularly when a previous bill with a LARGER amount was turned down, and particularly when the President was all set to SIGN this bill until he was taunted on RW radio and RW TV.

Mr. McConnell has repeatedly used this tactic for almost a decade. You have squealed with delight when he has.
Now the shoe is on the other foot and your squeals are not those of delight.

:violin: :violin

filibuster

A filibuster is a political procedure where one or more members of parliament or congress debate over a proposed piece of legislation so as to delay or entirely prevent a decision being made on the proposal.

Democrats are simply refusing to vote in support of this bill, they aren't filibustering. They object to the stupid wall funding, especially because (A) Trump hasn't even spent the funds made available to him previously, and (B) because Trump intends to use this as a "political victory".
It has nothing to do with a wall, it's all about Trump.

“The Senate voted 100-0 to pass a clean CR [continuing resolution] and sent it to the House,” Costello said, referring to the Senate passing a stopgap measure by voice vote last week that did not include border wall funding.
“Sean Hannity and a few other people screamed fire. The president then fell in line behind Sean Hannity."
---Rep. Ryan Costello (R-Pa.)

Retiring GOP lawmaker: Trump 'fell in line' behind Hannity on border wall

You're really insulting our intelligence when you pretend no one knows what's happening.

Shmoos...we ain't.

Shmoo3.jpg

You've misused the word "filibuster" and used it to define a simple refusal to vote in favor of the bill.
The bill contains measures that the Democrats object to, so why should they vote in support of them, particularly when a previous bill with a LARGER amount was turned down, and particularly when the President was all set to SIGN this bill until he was taunted on RW radio and RW TV.

Mr. McConnell has repeatedly used this tactic for almost a decade. You have squealed with delight when he has.
Now the shoe is on the other foot and your squeals are not those of delight.

:violin: :violin

filibuster

A filibuster is a political procedure where one or more members of parliament or congress debate over a proposed piece of legislation so as to delay or entirely prevent a decision being made on the proposal.

Democrats are simply refusing to vote in support of this bill, they aren't filibustering. They object to the stupid wall funding, especially because (A) Trump hasn't even spent the funds made available to him previously, and (B) because Trump intends to use this as a "political victory".
It has nothing to do with a wall, it's all about Trump.

Retiring GOP lawmaker: Trump 'fell in line' behind Hannity on border wall

You're really insulting our intelligence when you pretend no one knows what's happening.

Shmoos...we ain't.

View attachment 67247067

You are wrongly informed and made an error in your judgment. I appropriately used the word filibuster. Democrats may not be in favor of the bill but they are filibustering the bill from being voted on. They can stop filibustering and vote how they believe (probably no) and see if the bill passes or not. We wont know until the senate democrats allow the bill to be voted on.

You are wrongly informed and made an error in your judgment. I appropriately used the word filibuster. Democrats may not be in favor of the bill but they are filibustering the bill from being voted on. They can stop filibustering and vote how they believe (probably no) and see if the bill passes or not. We wont know until the senate democrats allow the bill to be voted on.

Is Mitch McConnell the Senate Majority leader or not?

Is Mitch McConnell the Senate Majority leader or not?

Does it matter?.......NO
The bill is being considered and continues to be considered until a cloture vote is agreed upon.
Once cloture is agreed upon then you get to vote Yes or No on the bill.

Who is preventing CLOTURE????????????

Does it matter?.......NO
The bill is being considered and continues to be considered until a cloture vote is agreed upon.
Once cloture is agreed upon then you get to vote Yes or No on the bill.

Who is preventing CLOTURE????????????

Yes it matters.

McConnell says no vote until Trump and Democrats reach a deal

Trump is having a hissy fit because Dems won't cave, because they want a clean bill.
And the majority of the country doesn't want a 24 billion dollar wall that will require 48 billion in further funding, and which won't prevent illegal immigration.

Anyway, in 72 hours it will be over. But not because of Trump, and not because of McConnell.

Yes it matters.

McConnell says no vote until Trump and Democrats reach a deal

Trump is having a hissy fit because Dems won't cave, because they want a clean bill.
And the majority of the country doesn't want a 24 billion dollar wall that will require 48 billion in further funding, and which won't prevent illegal immigration.

Anyway, in 72 hours it will be over. But not because of Trump, and not because of McConnell.
Please explain what McConnell's position does in relationship to getting bill H.R. 695 passed?
From my civics classes the leader procedurally gets to brings a vote to the floor on what bill is to be considered, once its agreed upon to be considered what power does he have?

In 72 hours the new legislators take office but what changes will make a difference? Is the house going to pass a new spending bill that will sit on ideal at the senate like we have now. So what will make this over?

Back
Top Bottom