• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Texas woman banned from Walmart after riding a scooter while drinking from a Pringles can...

Daisy

"Make sure of the more important things."
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Good grief, just when you think you've heard it all...:lamo

Walmart is known as a magnet for people who have – shall we say – unusual proclivities. Bless its heart. Stories about people riding through the store motorized scooters while intoxicated are not as uncommon as you might think … or hope. But a Texas woman has added her own touch: She was riding while drinking wine from a Pringles can.

According to News Channel 6 in Wichita Falls, Texas, police received a call this morning from Walmart employees to report a woman had been riding the motorized shopping cart around the parking lot for the past three hours.

By the time police arrived, the woman had wandered to a nearby restaurant. Officers found the woman and, at the store's request, banned her from ever returning to that Walmart location.

https://www.southernthing.com/texas...-drinking-from-a-pringles-can-2625764072.html

And if somebody made this up as part of a story they would be subject to all manner of criticism saying they are negatively stereotyping a certain type of individual.

Truth is stranger than fiction...:2razz:

If the pages didn't take so long to load for so few pics, I'd check People of Walmart.com every day.

Was she wearing a Mumu?

I haven't checked recently, but it's "Willie the Pimp" you want to see. His costumes are extraordinary. Lots of effort put into them, and he wears purple and yellow very well. And then there are the bearded men who dress as little girls in skirts and knee-highs. It's sort of an anti-Easter Parade every day at Wally-World.

I haven't checked recently, but it's "Willie the Pimp" you want to see. His costumes are extraordinary. Lots of effort put into them, and he wears purple and yellow very well. And then there are the bearded men who dress as little girls in skirts and knee-highs. It's sort of an anti-Easter Parade every day at Wally-World.

I prefer to pass. It's more fun searching for true beauty.

I prefer to pass. It's more fun searching for true beauty.

It's everywhere you look...if you're willing to look. ;)

I currently have a great blue heron and a white crane visiting and keep the binoculars right by the door. They are magnificent.

And then there are their spindly legs, which look somehow fake, and which are "ugly" and extraordinary too. I think there is a lesson in this.

It's everywhere you look...if you're willing to look. ;)

I currently have a great blue heron and a white crane visiting and keep the binoculars right by the door. They are magnificent.

And then there are their spindly legs, which look somehow fake, and which are "ugly" and extraordinary too. I think there is a lesson in this.

One of the reasons why I enjoy walking the dog. Passed a fellow with two young girls on his arms this afternoon. Told him it was unfair that he had two beautiful women on his arms. The girls were almost bowled over by the compliment in passing and couldn't stop saying thank you. Truthfully, they were so bundled up for the cold (24 degrees) I have no idea what they looked like. But the response was beautiful.

Wild life in the city, not human wild life, is more visible if one bothers to look. Especially here with all the parks and trees. It is amazing how many animals have adapted to urban living. We see very few pigeons any more, the falcons and hawks have eaten them. I fish off nearby bridges and surf. The astonishing plethora of seabirds fishing over the waters is delightful sight. When I have the some of grandkids with me they identify the birds on the net using their phones and binoculars. An adventure for them.

One of the reasons why I enjoy walking the dog. Passed a fellow with two young girls on his arms this afternoon. Told him it was unfair that he had two beautiful women on his arms. The girls were almost bowled over by the compliment in passing and couldn't stop saying thank you. Truthfully, they were so bundled up for the cold (24 degrees) I have no idea what they looked like. But the response was beautiful.

Wild life in the city, not human wild life, is more visible if one bothers to look. Especially here with all the parks and trees. It is amazing how many animals have adapted to urban living. We see very few pigeons any more, the falcons and hawks have eaten them. I fish off nearby bridges and surf. The astonishing plethora of seabirds fishing over the waters is delightful sight. When I have the some of grandkids with me they identify the birds on the net using their phones and binoculars. An adventure for them.

My father was a birder, and I've resisted this all my life because I grew up with probably 300 birds in my house. In every room but the kitchen and my bedroom. Most were tiny and exotic finches, but there were several pairs of peach-faced lovebirds. He even smuggled a St. Vincent's parrot into the country, and he listened all the time to recordings of chirps and calls, sigh, so yes, I rebelled. But I can't think of anything more glorious than stepping out on my porch and seeing a blue heron...

...or delighted kids watching a socialized squirrel in the park. Your teaching your grandkids how to watch and see is just tremendous, a lifelong gift.

My father was a birder, and I've resisted this all my life because I grew up with probably 300 birds in my house. In every room but the kitchen and my bedroom. Most were tiny and exotic finches, but there were several pairs of peach-faced lovebirds. He even smuggled a St. Vincent's parrot into the country, and he listened all the time to recordings of chirps and calls, sigh, so yes, I rebelled. But I can't think of anything more glorious than stepping out on my porch and seeing a blue heron...

...or delighted kids watching a socialized squirrel in the park. Your teaching your grandkids how to watch and see is just tremendous, a lifelong gift.

Enjoying my grandchildren keeps me alive.

Enjoying my grandchildren keeps me alive.

I can only imagine this miracle. I am experiencing a bit vicariously, though, because my best friend became a grandmother this past year. Amazing to see her husband (who was pretty much MIA/doing that career-hustle thing while their two sons were growing up) so besotted.

Note: I am organizing a contingent of seniors to invade Walmart to ride the scooters, with a can of pringles filled with wine. Who wants to join me?

More evidence that drunkards are not in their right minds when under the influence of the devil's brew.

You do know that Jesus drank wine, right?

You do know that Jesus drank wine, right?

What kind of wine? The wedding host said it was not like any wine he had ever tasted. There is no indication anywhere in the Bible that either God or the Son of God approved of drunkenness or substance abuse.

What kind of wine? The wedding host said it was not like any wine he had ever tasted. There is no indication anywhere in the Bible that either God or the Son of God approved of drunkenness or substance abuse.

The fermented kind...

Did I say he got drunk? No, I said he drank wine...the fermented kind...otherwise it would have been grape juice and we know it was not grape juice because the harvest of the vineyard occurred in the late summer of the year, where the passover of the Jews did not occur until the following spring six months later, and the Jews did not have the means generally to preserve grape juice that long and keep it from fermenting...so...Jesus drank wine...

The fermented kind...

Did I say he got drunk? No, I said he drank wine...the fermented kind...otherwise it would have been grape juice and we know it was not grape juice because the harvest of the vineyard occurred in the late summer of the year, where the passover of the Jews did not occur until the following spring six months later, and the Jews did not have the means generally to preserve grape juice that long and keep it from fermenting...so...Jesus drank wine...

Your insistence that it was fermented is based upon your own opinionated assumption.

Your insistence that it was fermented is based upon your own opinionated assumption.

No, it is based on fact...:roll:

I can only imagine this miracle. I am experiencing a bit vicariously, though, because my best friend became a grandmother this past year. Amazing to see her husband (who was pretty much MIA/doing that career-hustle thing while their two sons were growing up) so besotted.

We had 4 children, and now 16 grandchildren who terrorize my life joyously. My older son lost his wife to illness, remarried a woman who lost her husband to illness. Between them 4 children, and then they had twins. My wife had passed, and when I met my son's new wife's mother it was hate at first sight. We are now married, and I couldn't be happier. We all live within walking distance of each other.

I often lose track of which of the kids coming through here are grandkids, their cousins, or their friends. But it is great fun, especially the older ones who come to make music. Every child in this family learns an instrument or two (or more) and some are in schools that emphasize music and performance arts. Two are preparing to go professional. If all goes well, I will become a great grand dad to a new arrival this spring (I learned today). I am looking forward to welcoming another generation into the clan.

As hard as I ever worked, I was always devoted to my family. The best part of retirement is spending more time with the youngsters. I can't ask for more pleasure, other than waking from a nap and find a little one cuddled next to me. The only two things that hurt is missing my first wife who would have been thrilled with all of them, and when my new wife takes the girls clothes shopping with my credit card. :)

Back
Top Bottom