• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Texas: The New Nazi State

Is Texas the Model for the New NAZI State?

• Total voters
I generally agree with that statement.
Unfortunately, that term, along with 'nationalism', 'populism', and 'America first' have developed connotations that frighten people.
It’s who gets to decide what “proper ends” are that worries me. We aren’t served well by our representation, left, right and center. The Cawthorn, Gaetz and Greene’s statements seem to garner attention for the wrong reasons……..

I presume you know what the Nazis did in Europe during WW II.
Millions of people died during WW II because of Nazi rule in Germany.
You think Texas is that bad?
They didn't start with the concentration camps and executions.

They started by putting laws and regulations in place that made some in the population the "others".

Authoritarian regimes can be good as long as they’re ordered to proper ends
Can you reach through history and name an authoritarian regime that was benevolent, or didn't devolve into a repressive tyranny?

Communism is an authoritarian regime, and it sounds good in theory. In history it's been something entirely other.

Can you reach through history and name an authoritarian regime that was benevolent, or didn't devolve into a repressive tyranny?

Communism is an authoritarian regime, and it sounds good in theory. In history it's been something entirely other.
Define “repressive tyranny”

You probably believe every regime that doesn’t espouse the latest in leftist fad is a repressive tyranny.

They didn't start with the concentration camps and executions.

They started by putting laws and regulations in place that made some in the population the "others".
You mean like the laws now in America considering unborn babies to be “other” and not worthy of the rights given humans?

This.

Comparing this to Nazis is inaccurate. This is something closer to the push for a Christo-nationalist theocratic state.
Is killing human beings only against the law in christian theocracies? That would seem to me to be an argument in why all countries should be one.

You mean like the laws now in America considering unborn babies to be “other” and not worthy of the rights given humans?
I'm fairly sure those laws are more about protecting women from being persecuted for getting an abortion. They don't stop anyone from being othered unofficially and in some ways officially though, what with laws restricting where and how abortions can happen.

Wrong.

Florida is way ahead.
Florida is way ahead by listening to its popular Republican governor; attracting more and more Americans to its successful state; and passing laws according to the preferences of its Republican majority.
What were you referring to ? Something that opposes the will of the people?

Wrong.

Florida is way ahead.
If you live in FL and don't like it then you can exercise your right as an American to move to a more Progressive state.

Easy peasy; nice and easy if you are so incensed at what FL is doing.

You should be ashamed of yourself for minimizing what the victims of the Nazis went through.Seriously how ****ed up in the head does someone have to be in order to claim Texas is like the nazis. The nazis murderered millions of innocent people and here you are making light of what the Nazis did because you don't like Texas' anti-abortion law.
james,
I could not have said it better myself.
Talk about a hyperbolic comparison on the part of the OP.

It’s another word like “racist” and “homophobe” that have been overused to the point of becoming meaningless.
It still has meaning to those that use the word correctly...
So you're suggest Texas wants to be Nazi-like because it passed a law restricting abortion. Next thing you'll suggest is that wants to perform experimental operations on women in the interest of their government. That's what the Nazis did.
C'mon, You can be more creative than your original statement when talking about one of most populous states in the nation that wants to follow the will of the people.

from the article:
"A 2021 state law that bans abortions in Texas for women who are as early as six weeks pregnant has sharply curtailed the number of abortions in the state. The law leaves enforcement to private citizens who can sue doctors or anyone who helps a woman get an abortion. The woman receiving the abortion is exempted from the law."

Why is reducing the number of illegal abortions in the state a bad thing?

Elections have consequences. The voters in TX have spoken.
I did not suggest that at all..
All those people leaving liberal Wonderland California to go live in evil Nazi Texas, right? What a joke.
Are you seeing that CA is getting less violent?

The hospital employees called the police.....just as they are required to call the police if they suspect child abuse, elder abuse, etc. To compare that to the Nazis is beyond ridiculous.
The comparison is actually perfect... my point was that the Nazis had regular citizens turning on each other and reporting people to the Gestapo.

I lived in TX for a few years.
People go there for the economic opportunities; lower priced homes; and a chance to get away from high taxes.
They don't go there because of stricter anti-abortion laws.
Those are just the inbred locals...

To the left Anyone who disagrees with them is either a racist or a Nazi. There is no middle ground. There is And especially true when they are losing the argument

It still has meaning to those that use the word correctly...

I did not suggest that at all..

Are you seeing that CA is getting less violent?
NO. CA is not getting less (or more) violent.
It is getting less civil and more tolerant of thugs who know they will get off easy after violating laws in that state.
And more and more homeless are brazen enough to pitch tents in CA cities without caring about local ordinances.
That is not violence. It is indifference to local laws.

Texas Republicans haven't created a Nazi state. The have created their own version of the Stasi.
Close enough...
Yall call Texas and Nazi state and yet you still keep moving here. Either liberals are full of shit or they are ****ing retarded. I think the evidence shows that it's both.
I have not moved there...
Which doesn't change the fact that no one is going to go to Nazi Land if it actually WAS Nazi Land.
Texas is not officially named Nazi Land... not yet at least.
You should be ashamed of yourself for minimizing what the victims of the Nazis went through.Seriously how ****ed up in the head does someone have to be in order to claim Texas is like the nazis. The nazis murderered millions of innocent people and here you are making light of what the Nazis did because you don't like Texas' anti-abortion law.
It all started with ratting on people... that is where my comparison is at at this point.

The rest of you post is stupid.

I presume you know what the Nazis did in Europe during WW II.
Millions of people died during WW II because of Nazi rule in Germany.
You think Texas is that bad?

Nazi Germany is the endgame. Texas (and Florida) aren't there...yet.

^ Unhinged post. The parallels between right-wing extremism in Germany then and right-wing extremism in America now are becoming clearer by the day.

There is no bottom to what righties anywhere will do, given enough power. None.

What? Explain.
The biological sons of a sex offender were five times more likely than the norm to commit sex offenses, the study found. But their maternal half-brothers were only twice as likely to do so, the paper said.

“There is a genetic component,” Fazel said. “It’s not insignificant. It hasn’t really be shown before in this field.”

The study concludes that genetics accounts for 40% of the risk. But Fazel said that was perhaps too precise a figure, and it would be better to think of it as anywhere between 20% and 50%.

Why is it I believe preventing the killing of babies in the womb is good for a particular society that values human life?
Why is it I believe that if a sovereign state like TX wants to pass a law to stop such murder, they have a right to do so if majority of the voters in that state can pass such laws?
Why is it I believe in the phrase "elections have consequences" as the once great 'social justice warrior' Obama said during his regime?
Why is it I believe that many Progressives are fascistic and want to stifle political discussions unless those discussions support diversity, inclusion, and equity?
Oh really. I bet your panties would be in a wad if a state used the same tactics as TX to outlaw guns. I mean they kill plenty of children every year so if that's the motivation, then why is it worth the risk for a gun hobby?

Priorities.

The biological sons of a sex offender were five times more likely than the norm to commit sex offenses, the study found. But their maternal half-brothers were only twice as likely to do so, the paper said.

“There is a genetic component,” Fazel said. “It’s not insignificant. It hasn’t really be shown before in this field.”

The study concludes that genetics accounts for 40% of the risk. But Fazel said that was perhaps too precise a figure, and it would be better to think of it as anywhere between 20% and 50%.

Who is the one of them on here is excited to spread the DNA of rapists and those who think incest is not a problem. ?

Back
Top Bottom