• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Texas Teen Jailed For FB Comment, On Suicide Watch

Well, that's pretty much what you said. If you're too lazy to even correct me, I guess we really don't have anything to discuss.
If you're too lazy to actually read what I said, I'm sure as hell not going to put forth the effort to do the work for you.

I can't read for you RabidAlpaca, LOL, jk.

Yeah, like I said before, I don't think he should have been arrested. It should have been investigated as it was. It certainly shouldn't have been dismissed just because he wrote "lol, jk." People who have gone on to commit crimes have been dismissed by people like you as "just joking" because they've written similar things. For that reason, some caution and skepticism is warranted.

I didn't ask you if the people you've been around who have said "just kidding" were actually just kidding the vast majority of the time. I asked you if you had not ever been around someone that said "just kidding" when they were actually serious. Your use of the phrase "vast majority of the time" indicate that you have, in fact, been around such people. Thank you for agreeing with my point that "just kidding" is not always genuine.

No only was he arrested but he has been held in jail since march and was offered an 8 year plea deal. Either there is a whole lot that is not being reported or some presecutor is out of control.

No only was he arrested but he has been held in jail since march and was offered an 8 year plea deal. Either there is a whole lot that is not being reported or some presecutor is out of control.
Right, I don't think any of that should have happened. However, he should have been investigated because "jk, lol" does automatically eliminate the possibility that someone is serious. That is my only problem with your argument.

Right, I don't think any of that should have happened. However, he should have been investigated because "jk, lol" does automatically eliminate the possibility that someone is serious. That is my only problem with your argument.

Well next time I post jk I guess I'll have to take out an affidavit that I really, really, really was just kidding! You never know how someone on the internet will take it :)

Well next time I post jk I guess I'll have to take out an affidavit that I really, really, really was just kidding! You never know how someone on the internet will take it :)
You can submit your affidavit to my PM box - preferably in a PDF format. I may not get to it right away though because I process quite a few everyday. :lol:

You can submit your affidavit to my PM box - preferably in a PDF format. I may not get to it right away though because I process quite a few everyday. :lol:

Ok. Did I include enough really's because I can add more if necessary!

Ok. Did I include enough really's because I can add more if necessary!
I think you included enough. I may, however, have to recall you to the witness stand at later date. LOL, jk.

That is where I went during the first two threads on the subject, there and CNN. The earlier threads used websites leaving out what court documents say the 19 year old Adult is alleged to have said, and quoted the Dad on what the 19 year old adult typed. It also says the police first searched the 19 year old's house and a WEEK later a judge issued an arrest warrant- another little detail the right wing blogs leave out.

It wqas pesky little details like that that somehow missed being 'reported' as umbrage and outrage spread.... :roll:

What the heck did this kid say exactly+

Oh yes, and his daddy trying to spin down the comments. EACH thread has all the good stuff- right wing outrage,

Can always count on my HuffPost for some good 'rightwing outrage.' ;)

Thread dies out and sure enough someone starts from square one. :2wave:

No one said you had to post.

Reason he is still in jail... might be more to do with dumb-ass parents and a poor selection of lawyers.

Bond should have already been reduced with some 'conditionals' like ankle bracelet and maybe a quick mental eval.

I have never heard of anyone being kept in jail because of 'dumbass parents' :roll:

I remember - quite CLEARLY - right after various school shootings when people caught ear of what "so-n-so said on FB or Twitter just before the shooting occurred" and everyone freaked out saying things like, "Didn't anyone take him seriously! He was obviously ****ed in the head! Why didn't someone do something!"

Make up your minds - we either take things like that said on the net seriously . . . or we don't? It's either an ok joke or it's not.

Because it absolutely has to be one extreme or the other. :roll:

One thing to say your going to mess your friend up, another to talk about killing a kindergarten full of little kids....

Some see the difference and some don't. :peace

How is it any different than Hollywood visually depicting violence against children? Better arrest those directors and actors :roll:

This is ridiculous

Arrest the woman that tattled on him for being a pathetic loser.

WHAT!?!? $500,000 Bail? 8 year plea deal offer???? WTF is he supposed to have done besides his comment on Facebook????

Where's the ACLU?? Where's Legal Defense??? What the hell are the FACTS???

See above.
There's nothing to see. Some people get pissed if you take online comments like those described in the OP seriously and then the same people get pissed when they aren't taken seriously and turn out to be serious. They want to have it both ways. They are stupid. Any questions?

How is it any different than Hollywood visually depicting violence against children? Better arrest those directors and actors :roll:
Do you really not understand the difference between a MOVIE and a regular person making a violent comment online? I'll explain it for you. A movie is fictional. A comment made online is real life. Do you know the difference between fiction and real life? Here's a test: Are we in a movie now or are we in real life?

This is ridiculous

Arrest the woman that tattled on him for being a pathetic loser.
And then if it had turned out to be serious, you would be all, "WHY DIDN'T THEY TAKE HIS COMMENT SERIOUSLY?! OMG!!!" LOL

And then if it had turned out to be serious, you would be all, "WHY DIDN'T THEY TAKE HIS COMMENT SERIOUSLY?! OMG!!!" LOL

:rolleyes:

Leave it to someone like you to tell other people whom they have never met what they would think under certain circumstances.

Lol.

Anyway,

I have seen LOTS of comments like that on the Internet...as long as I see a 'j/k' after them...they mean nothing to me.

This stupid cow was totally wrong and now she has ruined a teenagers life (at least for the foreseeable future).

Anyone who knows ANYTHING AT ALL about the Internet knows those comments are INCREDIBLY COMMON.

Duh.

Plus, any idiot knows that most authorities are just itching (and under pressure from types like you, no doubt) to go ape on anyone that even hints at violent acts like he did.

The second the system got hold of this guy...he was 'f'd.

And by the way, his words are called Freedom of Speech...and that is FAR more important then you and this loser woman who see terrorists in every shadow.

Now go back to sitting in front of your window and spying on your neighbours to see if they are potential terrorists or not.

Have a nice day.

Last edited:

Leave it to someone like you to tell other people whom they have never met what they would think under certain circumstances.

Lol.

Anyway,

I have seen LOTS of comments like that on the Internet...as long as I see a 'j/k' after them...they mean nothing to me.

This stupid cow was totally wrong and now she has ruined a teenagers life (at least for the foreseeable future).

Anyone who knows ANYTHING AT ALL about the Internet knows those comments are INCREDIBLY COMMON.

Duh.

Plus, any idiot knows that most authorities are just itching (and under pressure from types like you, no doubt) to go ape on anyone that even hints at violent acts like he did.

The second the system got hold of this guy...he was 'f'd.

And by the way, his words are called Freedom of Speech...and that is FAR more important then you and this loser woman who see terrorists in every shadow.

Now go back to sitting in front of your window and spying on your neighbours to see if they are potential terrorists or not.

Have a nice day.
Okay, the next time a crime happens where there were online posts that weren't taken seriously. I'll look for your response. I can't wait. The hypocrisy will be be amazing.

Can always count on my HuffPost for some good 'rightwing outrage.' ;) No one said you had to post. I have never heard of anyone being kept in jail because of 'dumbass parents' :roll:

Again the first two threads were started with right wing umbrage... Though huffpo left out what the court records say the 19 year old adult actually posted.

Laughing, I always love the 'no one said you had to post pout'... I simply point out a lot of steam gets let out of the rants when you see what the 19 year old adult posted, that the police got a search warrant, searched the home and a WEEK later the judge issued an arrest warrant.

Dumbass parents AND bad lawyer... don't split hairs or complete thoughts... ;)

There is no, I say again ZERO, excuse for taking this long to getting around to asking for reduced bond. THAT is on the parents and whoever they have retained as a lawyer...

WHAT!?!? $500,000 Bail? 8 year plea deal offer???? WTF is he supposed to have done besides his comment on Facebook?? Where's the ACLU?? Where's Legal Defense??? What the hell are the FACTS???

The high bond SHOULD have already been reduced by now except for very poor thinking on the parents/lawyer's part.

What plead deal? Who said plea deal? I read the MAX is 8 years in jail... so that is no plea deal...

The ACLU is going after the Patriot Act- where is their support for that?

Facts will come out in court at the proper time. That internet gawkers are not privy to all the 'facts' instantaneously is a feature, not a bug... :)

Okay, the next time a crime happens where there were online posts that weren't taken seriously. I'll look for your response. I can't wait. The hypocrisy will be be amazing.
Yeah, you do that pally boy.

You do realize how ridiculous it looks when you keep telling complete strangers how they will react to future events?

Obviously not.

No wonder you are on my Ignore list...I knew I should not waste my time checking a post of yours.

Bye bye now.

Oh...and have a nice day.

Laughing, I always love the 'no one said you had to post pout'... I simply point out a lot of steam gets let out of the rants when you see what the 19 year old adult posted, that the police got a search warrant, searched the home and a WEEK later the judge issued an arrest warrant.

This isn't unusual at all. It's pretty typical. I dont' understand the point you are trying to make. Perhaps that after a week of sifting through his computer records they found enough similarly inane comments the prosecution could put together to convince a judge there was cause?

There is no, I say again ZERO, excuse for taking this long to getting around to asking for reduced bond. THAT is on the parents and whoever they have retained as a lawyer...

This I agree with completely. If they have a private lawyer they should fire him. If it's a Public Defender, I'd speak to his boss about getting him replaced (although PD's are typically overworked and under staffed).

Back
Top Bottom