• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Texas Senate Approves Permitless Carry

Let us stick to reality ...
That is reality. If kids did not have access to all those ****ing guns the NRA nuts managed to put out in the streets of the USA, far fewer kids would be successfully committing suicide. Why deny?

why should you tell those of us who aren't suicidal that we need to have our rights curtailed because someone else chooses to end their own life? I thought you lefties were all about personal autonomy.
I wonder how many people out there swearing that they are not suicidal end up eating their gun.

That is reality. If kids did not have access to all those ****ing guns the NRA nuts managed to put out in the streets of the USA, far fewer kids would be successfully committing suicide. Why deny?
your's just trolling now because the NRA "nuts" aren't putting guns in the streets. You constantly lie about the NRA, mainly because the NRA endorses candidates who you don't approve of. You constantly lie and pretend that if there was no NRA, guns would not be available. That's complete and utter bullshit and we both know it

I wonder how many people out there swearing that they are not suicidal end up eating their gun.
I'd rather have someone eating a gun than driving the wrong way on the highway and killing several others

your's just trolling now because the NRA "nuts" aren't putting guns in the streets. ...
That's untrue. Before the "From my dead hands" push back in the late 80's, guns in households were rare. Now, they are easier to find than a vile of crack in the ghetto.

I'd rather have someone eating a gun than driving the wrong way on the highway and killing several others
I won't disagree with that. And, if they are adults who do not take a partner along with them, it's basically a victimless event.

your's just trolling now because the NRA "nuts" aren't putting guns in the streets. You constantly lie about the NRA, mainly because the NRA endorses candidates who you don't approve of. You constantly lie and pretend that if there was no NRA, guns would not be available. That's complete and utter bullshit and we both know it

TD. You are getting sucked in to a rabbit hole. The discussion should be about how the Texas Senate Approved Permitless Carry.

Something I wish California would do.

TD. You are getting sucked in to a rabbit hole. The discussion should be about how the Texas Senate Approved Permitless Carry.

I'd love to see the Supreme court give the californian gun laws a serious colonoscopy. I haven't made up my mind on CC though, however, I believe the fees should be much lower.

Ironically, California is the one state where even I would feel more comfortable carrying. That is one ****ed up state. I actually had my hotel room broken into there, a fancy joint on Wilshire Blvd in BH, no less.

Australia hasn't enacted "extreme gun control", nor am I aware of any motivation to reduce suicides. AFAIK, Australia's gun laws were motivated by the Port Arthur mass shooting in 1996

The UK offers a model on how suicides by gun can be reduced. In the UK handguns are largely banned and those guns that are legally allowed are mostly shotguns and bolt action rifles

"Over the past 20 years the number of gunshot suicides in the UK has declined by over 50% to a little over a hundred deaths per annum. At the same time, firearm legislation has become progressively more restrictive and rates of gun ownership have declined."

New Zealand has also see a decline in firearms related suicides:

The uk has dropped slightly on suicide since gun reforms, but so have many other nations, australia with just as extreme gun laws only saw a slight drop followed by a surge. Japan which has even more extreme gun laws than the uk has had a very high rate of suicide.

The only odd one out is russia, as their rate was moderate during the soviet union, then went sky high in 1991, then went back to moderate, but despite them having very strict gun laws they also had the collapse of the soviet union and their entire economy well being and way of life.

But the point is gun control has zero effect on suicide rates, people determined to kill themselves are not going to stop because of gun laws when they can hang themselves or throw themselves under a bus or a garbage truck, or jump off a cliff, or electrocute themselves etc. People determined to kill themselves will and no gun control will stop that, and people pushing gun control to prevent suicide are doing such knowing full well it is just disarming law abiding citizens and doing nothing to stop suicide.

Suicide is a result of social factors, stress in peoples lives and most often how much society cares as suicidal people are usually leaving signs and begging for people to show they care before they commit the deed. This means suicide rates have zero to do with firearm access but rather how that society deals with one another. For example japan with a very high rate and strict gun control is a tight knit society but also shuns anyone not in line, which may explain their suicide rate. At a young age they are expected to be high performers in everything and their society shuns what they deem lazy or incompetent.

In japanese society someone who only cleans 500 fish a day may be deemed a waste of oxygen, and looked down upon, and it may lead to that person feeling worthless. In a western society it may be more polite to wonder if that person was ok and if they were cut out for the job rather than shunning them. in Japan suicide has been part of their culture to adress failure going back over a thousand years.

Case and point it is a society thing not a firearm thing on suicide, society has to address this problem itself, and each society does so different which is why suicide rates vary wildly among the world despite firearm regulations.

Edit-- and yes australia did enact extreme gun control, firearms are near banned in australia, to the point being able to own a single muzzle loader requires a bunch of paper work and storage, and their massiove gun buyback was to buyback guns they banned which covered nearly everything but single shot firearms.

I'd love to see the Supreme court give the californian gun laws a serious colonoscopy. I haven't made up my mind on CC though, however, I believe the fees should be much lower.
I do not know what cali laws are now, but when I lived there open carry was technically legal without permit, but there the big issue was not carry but rather use of a firearm, it was the state after all that if you shot someone who broke in and shot your son and raped your daughter they may throw you and prison and let the criminal go, cali laws were so poorly written that they favored those with money who could hire lawyers to interperet the laws over those who simply obeyed them.

Cali is probably the only state I can think of who does not post their laws in plain english but rather a maze of jargon, whith the sole purpose of letting the rich get away with anything but giving the state authority to charge anyone with anything if they fealt like it.

lol...the Left promotes vaccines; the Right pushes instruments of death. Never before has the difference between the two been more clear.

Good for the people of Texas. The right to bear arms is not a state granted privilege and therefore should not require a permit.

Good for the people of Texas. The right to bear arms is not a state granted privilege and therefore should not require a permit.
I disagree.

I do not know what cali laws are now, but when I lived there open carry was technically legal without permit, but there the big issue was not carry but rather use of a firearm, it was the state after all that if you shot someone who broke in and shot your son and raped your daughter they may throw you and prison and let the criminal go, cali laws were so poorly written that they favored those with money who could hire lawyers to interperet the laws over those who simply obeyed them.

Cali is probably the only state I can think of who does not post their laws in plain english but rather a maze of jargon, whith the sole purpose of letting the rich get away with anything but giving the state authority to charge anyone with anything if they fealt like it.
As I stated above, Cali is probably the one state where carrying is essential. I don't care where either. It could be Sultan Sea or high in the Sierra Nevada, LA County or Mt Shasta...the odds of needing a gun there are astronomical when compared to places like Texas, where your chances of being a victim of violent crime are virtually nil.

People who are against 2nd amendment rights tend to disagree with it being treated as a right.
No, people who understand the Constitution disagree with people who clearly do not.

No, people who understand the Constitution disagree with people who clearly do not.
You are adamantly against 2nd amendment rights. So do not insult people by pretending you understand or care about it.

You are adamantly against 2nd amendment rights. So do not insult people by pretending you understand or care about it.
False.

What is false is you trying to claim you are for the 2nd amendment and understand it while posting anti-2nd amendment drivel.

Read the Amendment. It might help.
Yes I read it A well regulated militia for the security of a free state, The right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed. The first part is there so that we the people can get together and form a militia to fight off invasions,tyrannical government. Its describing what we will use those arms for and the type of arms we the people will need so that anti-2nd amendment trash can't say well you have a bow and arrow so your right to keep and bear arms hasn't been infringed on. The second part is so that we the people can get, already own, posses and carry those arms to be able to get together to form a militia should the need arise . The third means the government has no ****ing business telling us what arms we can and can't have because that would amount to burglar deciding what security measures you can and can't put on your home to keep them out.

Back
Top Bottom