• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Texas School Defends Pressuring 6th-Graders To ‘Protest’ As Part Of ‘Queer Week’

VySky

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Ive looked at this and it appears legit. For real though, this is very concerning.

Do you support this nonsense? Should parents have to opt in, sign some approval forms? Anything?

More arguments for the value of home schooling. Both sides can teach their kids what THEY WANT at home.

—————

Miller Middle School in San Marcos, Texas is hosting a “Queer Week” where students as young as sixth grade are urged to dress in “pride” colors, wear nametags with preferred names and pronouns, and “protest” LGBT discrimination.

“The goal of the week is to provide a school culture that values diversity, equity and inclusion,” MMS Principal Saumnya Hart told parents in an email forwarded to The Federalist by the school.

This is what indoctrination looks like.
Yep. And more. It’s sick.

A 6th grader should not have the pressure of making the decision to participate or not on their own. With letters sent home concerned parents can just take their kids out of school that week if they want.

Ive looked at this and it appears legit. For real though, this is very concerning.

Do you support this nonsense? Should parents have to opt in, sign some approval forms? Anything?

More arguments for the value of home schooling. Both sides can teach their kids what THEY WANT at home.

—————

Miller Middle School in San Marcos, Texas is hosting a “Queer Week” where students as young as sixth grade are urged to dress in “pride” colors, wear nametags with preferred names and pronouns, and “protest” LGBT discrimination.

“The goal of the week is to provide a school culture that values diversity, equity and inclusion,” MMS Principal Saumnya Hart told parents in an email forwarded to The Federalist by the school.

You got something against diversity, equality and inclusion?

Yep. And more. It’s sick.

A 6th grader should not have the pressure of making the decision to participate or not on their own. With letters sent home concerned parents can just take their kids out of school that week if they want.
A 6th grader is part of Miller.

You got something against diversity, equality and inclusion?
I have something against the agenda for the 6th graders among other things mentioned

I have something against the agenda for the 6th graders among other things mentioned
Yah? What agenda is that?

The weekly one.

Are you sure you’re in the right thread?
The parents who have objections can put their kid into a private school.

This is what indoctrination looks like.
😆

If teaching kids not to be hateful shits is indoctrination then I'm all for strapping them in Mel Gibson style with tape keeping their eyelids open as we inundate them with gay propaganda.

You don't have anything against diversity, equality and inclusion, just against the agenda of diversity, equality and inclusion.

Great doublespeak.

From the article:

"Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton recently scolded Austin Independent School District for hosting its annual Pride Week which featured activities such as “watching Queer Eye” and “nail painting.”:

Oh. My. God. Not "nail painting."

All they need now is to "include" a Hetero week to round out their "diversity". This way, all students can be "equal".

I will never forget when I was in the sixth grade (in the late 1940s), our beloved teacher asked us to sign a letter protesting the ill treatment of Indians. (The term "Native American" had not yet been coined, I believe.)

Of course, I was too young (stupid?) to understand what I was signing.

But, hey!, maybe the sixth graders of 2022 are much smarter and know a lot about sexuality that children did not know back in the 1940s.

It may be legit, but there's nothing to look at. The Federalist is the sole reporting source. The sixth result in a Bing search is this thread.

—————

It's voluntary. It's not part of a lesson plan. So, you're just wrong. Read your article.

—————

I'mma hafta call "bullshit". There is no mention of this anywhere but the federalist link you posted and they are a notorious RWNJ disinformation source. I even checked the school website and event calendar. Nothing.

All they need now is to "include" a Hetero week to round out their "diversity". This way, all students can be "equal".
There's Pinocchio's Ride for the Tatas. It's only two days, and not exclusive to heterosexuals, but for some reason, your dumb post made me think about it. Much more productive, and nobody in the closet.

If you have a hetero week, will it include closet gays?

When I worked for Uncle the base had every color under the sun week. Except you know who.

It may be legit, but there's nothing to look at. The Federalist is the sole reporting source. The sixth result in a Bing search is this thread.

It's voluntary. It's not part of a lesson plan. So, you're just wrong. Read your article.
Wrong about what exactly?

Wrong about what exactly?
That anyone got pressured. You claim in your title that 6th graders were pressured to participate. Your own article contradicts that statement. You were wrong.

I'mma hafta call "bullshit". There is no mention of this anywhere but the federalist link you posted and they are a notorious RWNJ disinformation source. I even checked the school website and event calendar. Nothing.

It appears to be legitimate. News story links to school website with "Queer week" schedule.

That anyone got pressured. You claim in your title that 6th graders were pressured to participate. Your own article contradicts that statement. You were wrong.
I didn’t make the title. You see, I let everyone else to determine their own views.

Back
Top Bottom