• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

TEXAS RELOADED

One of the greatest joint campaigns I have seen, don't see a lot of patriotism in Democratic Ads just politics of personal destruction

This is why TX will remain Red and people will continue to move here

Yee Haw!

That's GREAT!

I think that is a great idea! It would be AWESOME to have a place to send these redwinger type people to! Everyone needs a place to be. And Texas is a beautiful place. I especially love the hill country but I also have a soft spot in my heart for the East Texas piney woods.

I highly encourage all Trump style right-wingers to consider re-locating to the Great State of Texas.

Then, we can build a wall around Texas and kill two birds with one stone.

Y'all have a great day pardner!

Yee Haw!

That's GREAT!

I think that is a great idea! It would be AWESOME to have a place to send these redwinger type people to! Everyone needs a place to be. And Texas is a beautiful place. I especially love the hill country but I also have a soft spot in my heart for the East Texas piney woods.

I highly encourage all Trump style right-wingers to consider re-locating to the Great State of Texas.

Then, we can build a wall around Texas and kill two birds with one stone.

Y'all have a great day pardner!
And what problem, Seattle, Portland, LA, SF, Chicago, Minneapolis, Kenosha, Louisville, NYC?? This guy gets it, why won't you

Kash Lee Kelly is quite the colorful character!

Meanwhile, the 'sips at Texas Monthly just had to go and overthink it: https://www.texasmonthly.com/politics/dan-crenshaws-new-campaign-ad-is-a-whole-thing/

One of the greatest joint campaigns I have seen, don't see a lot of patriotism in Democratic Ads just politics of personal destruction

Liberals from california are moving there and turning it blue. Have fun paying a state income tax when that happens.

Liberals from california are moving there and turning it blue. Have fun paying a state income tax when that happens.
We didn't have a state income tax when Ann Richards was governor either.

That’s pretty amusing coming from a Trump supporters... all those independent free thinkers in the GOP are little more than lapdogs for Trump

And the biggest lapdog among them is the TX senator Ted Cruz

@ 2:05 Cruz refuses to become a "servile puppy dog" for Trump citing family honor and Trump's personal attacks against Cruz's wife and father

and here is Cruz becoming Trump's "servile puppy dog" during the 2018 senate campaign

When Cruz represents the state of TX, it is difficult to use TX GOP representatives as a way to appeal to decent men

Last edited:

Hey! look how big my boner is.

So how will that deal with all the libs moving to Texas and the demographic change that is taking place there?

I have met a few of these people....quite few from California have ended up here.....and more often then not....they came to
Texas because they were running away from the liberal policies of the states they lived in and once they get here tend to vote fairly conservatively so I don't see Texas being in real danger of going blue as much as some on the left have fantasized about it doing so.

I have met a few of these people....quite few from California have ended up here.....and more often then not....they came to
Texas because they were running away from the liberal policies of the states they lived in and once they get here tend to vote fairly conservatively so I don't see Texas being in real danger of going blue as much as some on the left have fantasized about it doing so.

The real question I continue to ask people here who want to covert TX to California is why they move here in the first place. Those people don't seem to realize that liberalism isn't free and it costs money to provide all those liberal benefits and pay for those liberal politicians to keep others dependent. That is the same question I ask foreigners and the silence is deafening

Trump only has a 3% lead in texas. A state that he should be winning in a runaway. How do you explain that?

When Cruz represents the state of TX, it is difficult to use TX GOP representatives as a way to appeal to decent men

Trump has that effect on people who used to see him for what he is. At first I thought he must have some crazy dirt on them, but then I realized that no, it's just that they are politicians and therefore spineless.

The real question I continue to ask people here who want to covert TX to California is why they move here in the first place. Those people don't seem to realize that liberalism isn't free and it costs money to provide all those liberal benefits and pay for those liberal politicians to keep others dependent. That is the same question I ask foreigners and the silence is deafening
I can't speak for foreigners, true liberals, or much of anyone, and I fled CA for another blue state, not TX. However, I know several who are fleeing CA for Texas and have a pretty good guess. Many liberals who are departing CA are dissatisfied with the liberal extremes, but not with the general direction of liberalism. The problem is that in CA there is no counterbalance -- nothing to rein in the worst liberal thought has to offer. They're not looking to fully embrace conservative politics (which would be even worse in their view), just to not be in a place where liberal politics has total control over everything. I wouldn't personally choose Texas as a landing spot, but I understand that many would. While reliably red, Texas has millions upon millions of Ds, and I imagine that in the cities there are more Ds than Rs. It's not like moving to Mississippi or Alabama or something. Like it or not, Texas has much more of a mix.

Right just like those liberal utopian cities of Seattle, Portland, LA, SF, NYC, Minneapolis, Chicago, Kenosha, Louisville and states like California and NY. Every leftwing organization in the country is supporting Biden/Harris and that speaks volumes about the radical country you want this one to become. Why don't you tell us exactly what a Biden/Harris Administration would look like and do for you and your family?

if you deny English political philosophy and Christianity as the cornerstones of society you do not love America, you want something else

if you deny English political philosophy and Christianity as the cornerstones of society you do not love America, you want something else

If you actually accept the English political philosophy that your Founding Fathers accepted, then you should accept that no religion, including Christianity is the cornerstone of political life in the US. If you deny that, then you do not love the American Constitution and the English and American political philosophy that inspired it.

If you actually accept the English political philosophy that your Founding Fathers accepted, then you should accept that no religion, including Christianity is the cornerstone of political life in the US. If you deny that, then you do not love the American Constitution and the English and American political philosophy that inspired it.

not correct, England has an official church to this day.

you should try not being so ignorant when it comes to the very basic elements of what you are talking about

christian philosophy underpins the very structures of society. It does not mean one by necessity must be a Christian per de, but if you do not except Christian Values you are not properly American as you do not possess the necessary virtue to thrive under a constitutional system

not correct, England has an official church to this day.

you should try not being so ignorant when it comes to the very basic elements of what you are talking about

christian philosophy underpins the very structures of society. It does not mean one by necessity must be a Christian per de, but if you do not except Christian Values you are not properly American as you do not possess the necessary virtue to thrive under a constitutional system

Do you also know that England has an official monarch to this day?
You should try not being so ignorant when it comes to the very basic elements of what you are talking about.

America did not adopt the English practice of establishing an offical religion, nor did English phlosophers like Locke who influenced the political thinking of the Founding Fathers made any comment about the need to have an official religion. And yes, many European countries (including mine, Greece) have an official religion but the diffeence with the US is that religious authorities are subordinate to the state. The US adopted the principle of separation of state from the church. Go back to school to learn the basics!

There is no Christian philosophy in the US Constitution. And if anything, the American Christian philosophy has radically changed from Christianity's original philosophy . The "blessed are the poor." has been forgotten and the very philosophy of the Americans conservatives now is that the poor are lazy and responsible for their situation. Not to mention the Gospel of Prosperity Christian lunatics who believe that material wealth is a sign of divine blessing!

Only Christian, uneducated fundamentalists promote the idea that Christianity is the cornerstone of political life in the US.

Last edited:

.quite few from California have ended up here.

Remember, Texas is a huge state

You were saying?(LOL)

.and more often then not....they came to
Texas because they were running away from the liberal policies of the states they lived in and once they get here tend to vote fairly conservatively

Kinda like New Yorker's moving to Florida?(LOL)

texas is no longer 'red'...leaning more to the blue spectrum...

texas is no longer 'red'...leaning more to the blue spectrum...

How about a little wager, TX goes Blue and I leave this forum, stays Red and you leave? You buy the media reports and ignore the official results. People aren't fleeing TX they are moving here

How about a little wager, TX goes Blue and I leave this forum, stays Red and you leave? You buy the media reports and ignore the official results. People aren't fleeing TX they are moving here
LOL. You would renege.

People aren't fleeing TX they are moving here
Those dreaded liberals are moving to texas to escape taxation. But they will just turn it into a high tax blue state. It's a vicious cycle.

Texas is red -- for now. It is a state in which Trump won by 9% in 2016 and is close to being a toss-up state in 2020.
Why? Perhaps it's because Texas is 47th among the states in health care access.
Perhaps it's because Texas is 43rd in education.
Perhaps it's because Texas is 40th in poverty.

Those dreaded liberals are moving to texas to escape taxation. But they will just turn it into a high tax blue state. It's a vicious cycle.
Conservatives look at low taxation as a goal of it's own. Maybe those taxes buy things that people want, like better education for their children; lower poverty and better access to health care.
(Not that facts matter, but Democratic states actually have lower crime rates, on average, than Republican states.)

Back
Top Bottom