• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Texas mom, a vocal gun rights advocate, killed by cops after killing her girls [W:51]

Re: Texas mom, a vocal gun rights advocate, killed by cops after killing her girls

He cannot even define what an assault weapon is--

Is the argument going to be about semantics or the issues themselves. You appear quick to devolve an argument into definitions. As opposed to solutions.

You go ahead and define them, then we both can ban them :)

Re: Texas mom, a vocal gun rights advocate, killed by cops after killing her girls

I didn't say anything about reduction of crime. You did. The idea of responsible gun storage is to help prevent accidental gun deaths. You know, the ones that seem to happen daily because someone didn't store the gun properly. I suppose one could call this a crime too, the irresponsible parent being the criminal. (this incident obviously doesn't apply, if you got that impression then mea culpa)

I believe I just did. Are you actually going to suggest that if mandatory firearm training wouldn't save lives by reducing accidental shootings?

If so, than I would suggest I am not the one being dishonest here. I prefer not to go there.

Why the accusations? I was under the impression your game was more elevated than that. Surely with your experience and training you can bring something better than that. You know me well enough to know where I am coming from is sincere. I realize you get hyped on this topic, but c'mon man, This is so beneath you.

Careful, that one will haunt you.

It was less than two years before his famous call for the ban on assault weapons that Ronnie uttered the even more famous right wing mantra "Bring Down that Wall!? Surely he didn't go senile is that quickly?

Reagan had good reason to feel the way he did. I have a distinct feeling that having been shot might had a lot to do with it.

what Ron did as a private citizen after he was out of office means nothing-he was feeling sorry for his friend who was rendered a drooling vegetable by nutcase Hinkley. BTW none of the laws the Bannerrhoids try to pass would have stopped Hinkley

and someone willing to take a shot at the president has pretty well decided to throw his life away anyway

Well, I hope we can agree that this incident isn't indicative of gun advocates as a whole. Right?

Yeah I didn't go there. She was looney tunes.

Is the argument going to be about semantics or the issues themselves. You appear quick to devolve an argument into definitions. As opposed to solutions.

You go ahead and define them, then we both can ban them :)

I don't believe in banning any FIREarms. banning a rifle because it has a 30 round magazine or a flash hider or a pistol grip is beyond moronic. Banning civilians from having the same firearms civilian police can carry and use is even more specious since it invokes the concept of estoppel upon the government

And how does your plan of making people take tests to own guns prevent this crime?.

If you have read my other posts than you wouldn't have asked this question. The simple answer is that it wouldn't.

Do you honestly think that safety tests will prevent crazy people from killing people?

No. Just ill-educated or untrained.

It simply makes no sense that your proposal would do anything in these cases.

I didn't claim it would.

I have made my position clear on this. I don't want your guns. I consider assault weapons to be wmds. :)

Last edited:

I don't believe in banning any FIREarms. banning a rifle because it has a 30 round magazine or a flash hider or a pistol grip is beyond moronic. Banning civilians from having the same firearms civilian police can carry and use is even more specious since it invokes the concept of estoppel upon the government

Yes, but you also believe that private citizens should be able to own bazookas and grenade launchers as I recall. I suspect your views are a little to the extreme on this.

By the way, I am still waiting for your answers to post.#25. Cat got your tongue? :lol:

If you have read my other posts than you wouldn't have asked this question. The simple answer is that it wouldn't.

No. Just ill-educated or untrained.

I didn't claim it would.

I have made my position I clear on this. I don't want your guns. I consider assault weapons to be wmds.

And here is where you stop even having even a remote amount of reasonable thought behind your points.

Yes, but you also believe that private citizens should be able to own bazookas and grenade launchers as I recall. I suspect your views are a little to the extreme on this.

By the way, I am still waiting for your answers to post.#25. Cat got your tongue? :lol:

where do you get that. that's stupid. those are more like artillery than arms and I have consistently said the bright line is what civilian cops use in terms of firearms as well as the standard issue rifle of the national guard

I don't think she realized they were her children at the time.

Curious, why?

And here is where you stop even having even a remote amount of reasonable thought behind your points.

Yes because only those who share your opinions are reasonable. It is best you run along then.

where do you get that. that's stupid. those are more like artillery than arms and I have consistently said the bright line is what civilian cops use in terms of firearms as well as the standard issue rifle of the national guard

OK. My mistake. 1000 lashes for TC. Start on my ass, it itches.

Whoa...I freaked. I know a single mom named Chris, aged 42, with daughters names Taylor and Madison. They're both a little younger though and never lived in Texas. Still...pretty creepy.

I know a family with twins Taylor and Madison about that age.

Mind you, those are two very popular names.in 1998 they were #2 and 34. Popular Baby Names for 1998 | BabyCenter

OK. My mistake. 1000 lashes for TC. Start on my ass, it itches.

cat o' nine tails for sure!

Yes because only those who share your opinions are reasonable. It is best you run along then.

No, because you call "assault weapons"(what do you even consider to be assault weapons) weapons of mass destruction. Not even the Liberal EU would say something like that.

Curious, why?

The father screamed that those were their children wjile she was trying to shoot them, she has a history of mental illness, and most of her social media suggested that she was extremely concerned with protecting her children. It's the simplest explanation I can think of.

No, because you call "assault weapons"(what do you even consider to be assault weapons) weapons of mass destruction. Not even the Liberal EU would say something like that.

I get it. You don't care for liberals. Run along.

I get it. You don't care for liberals. Run along.

So you have nothing to refute? Good to know. Do you even think through what you say?

The father screamed that those were their children wjile she was trying to shoot them, she has a history of mental illness, and most of her social media suggested that she was extremely concerned with protecting her children. It's the simplest explanation I can think of.

Thanks. I have lots of experience with mental illness, as Huntington's Chorea has taken my father and now is killing three of my siblings. Their mental illnesses are each unique. One of my sisters attempted suicide in numerous ways in including a butcher knife to the throat and trying to climb out of a car on a freeway.

So yeah, she may well have been delusional. I remember my sister's delusions were very real to her.

Last edited:

So you have nothing to refute? Good to know. Do you even think through what you say?

I made myself quite clear. Your only interest is to stereotype liberals, by putting them into one little corner. Well guess what? It doesn't work that way. How inconvenient for you.

You have no interest in discussing issues, you just want to name call. If you feel compelled to actually discuss the points made feel free, otherwise stop wasting my time.

Thanks. I have lots of experience with mental illness, as Huntington's Chorea has taken my father and now is killing three of my siblings. Their mental illnesses are each unique. One of my sisters attempted suicide in numerous ways in including a butcher knife to the throat and trying to climb out of a car on a freeway.

So yeah, she may well have been delusional. I remember my sister's delusions were very real to her.
esses are each unique.

You have my deepest condolences. I'm fortunate that my own family has been relatively free of mental illness, although one my grandmothers is developing Alzheimer's now.

You have my deepest condolences. I'm fortunate that my own family has been relatively free of mental illness, although one my grandmothers is developing Alzheimer's now.

Genetics are a real bitch. My family is a cesspool of ****ed up gene counts. I got lucky. (so far ha ha)

Genetics are a real bitch. My family is a cesspool of ****ed up gene counts. I got lucky. (so far ha ha)

Joking about your own risk of mental illness? Your testicular fortitude far exceeds my own! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom