• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Texas, Miss. National Guards won’t give same-sex benefits at some sites, cite gay-mar

Re: Texas, Miss. National Guards won’t give same-sex benefits at some sites, cite gay

Where clearly you are not. Analogies to giving your buddy your last dime but you won't marry him are not the question here. Marrying your car is not the question here. There are two human beings who want the same rights as other human beings. They are US citizens. They or one of the two human beings wears a uniform, whether it be one weekend a month or every day of their life. The fact that those two human beings have decided that they want to be joined together under their god/state or whatever their belief has nothing to do with any argument you have presented. Equality is the question here.

Equality should never be the question.
It isnt.
A man should marry a woman.

Re: Texas, Miss. National Guards won’t give same-sex benefits at some sites, cite gay

It isnt.
A man should marry a woman.

Let me guess, you believe blacks shouldn't marry whites? Irish shouldn't marry Italians? Should Catholics not marry Jews?

That is the same prejudice that you are applying to the homosexual community.

Seeing as how same-sex couples cannot be married in those states, they wouldn't be eligible for benefits anyway. What's the problem?

The State doesn't need to give them state benefits, but the Federal government agreed to give them Federal benefits and that paperwork needs to be filled out and submitted.

The State doesn't need to give them state benefits, but the Federal government agreed to give them Federal benefits and that paperwork needs to be filled out and submitted.

Yes, see previous posts.

Let me guess, you believe blacks shouldn't marry whites? Irish shouldn't marry Italians? Should Catholics not marry Jews?

That is the same prejudice that you are applying to the homosexual community.
Um my mom was Irish, dad was Italian.
Niece is married to a black guy.
My ex wife was part Jew.
So there. Your analogy is all screwed up.

2A. Read it. Not special. Endowed by our creator. As in God given. As in part of the US constitution and more over the Bill of Rights.

Dodging the point. Again. Wow, such convictions you have. :lamo

Not choosing to exercise a right doesn't make it a "special right" for someone else. You can marry a man in my state. How is that "special" to homosexuals if you can do it too?

Um my mom was Irish, dad was Italian.
Niece is married to a black guy.
My ex wife was part Jew.
So there. Your analogy is all screwed up.

So you understand the prejudices these groups have seen yet you apply them to another group?

So you understand the prejudices these groups have seen yet you apply them to another group?

No body is perfect.

Back
Top Bottom