• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Texas, Miss. National Guards won’t give same-sex benefits at some sites, cite gay-mar

Re: Texas, Miss. National Guards won’t give same-sex benefits at some sites, cite gay

Wow, not what I said at all. Keep swinging.

Just your marginalization of their rights. Nothing to see here.

Re: Texas, Miss. National Guards won’t give same-sex benefits at some sites, cite gay

State national gaurds aren't Federal. So, again, what's the problem?

Aren't the ID cards they are refusing to issue and enrollment into DEERS (Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System) federal ID cards? I could be mistaken, are we talking about some type of Texas only ID card?

Uniformed Services ID Card

>>>>

Just your marginalization of their rights. Nothing to see here.

of their "special" rights. Get it right.

There is no "special" rights. You as a straight person could get a same sex partner put on federal benefits as well. Equality, we know you hate it.

There is no "special" rights. You as a straight person could get a same sex partner put on federal benefits as well. Equality, we know you hate it.

Now now, let's have him explain to us which right he thinks is special to gay people before we go dismissing hm.

Go ahead, CRUE CAB, tell us which right is special that you don't or wont have access to if it's granted to gay people.

Now now, let's have him explain to us which right he thinks is special to gay people before we go dismissing hm.

Go ahead, CRUE CAB, tell us which right is special that you don't or wont have access to if it's granted to gay people.
Gee I think I will marry my Firebird. Yea, thats a right I should have. And I want all repairs put on my med insurance.

Gee I think I will marry my Firebird. Yea, thats a right I should have. And I want all repairs put on my med insurance.

Oh freakin' HIGHlarious!! :rofl:

Tell us - does your Firebird talk to you? How do you know it would want to marry you?

Why, when they have zero valid argument, do the anti-same sex marriage folks wander off into irrelevancy?

Oh freakin' HIGHlarious!! :rofl:

Tell us - does your Firebird talk to you? How do you know it would want to marry you?

Why, when they have zero valid argument, do the anti-same sex marriage folks wander off into irrelevancy?
Love your avatar.
Would make a cool tattoo.
Oh, and yes the 'bird do talk to me. Has a beautiful voice at 7000 rpm. Kinda ka chunky and rumpy at idle, likes the feel of the throttle getting opened up.
Smells great too, race gas, oil and rubber really puts me in the mood.
Gets kinda rowdy in traffic, needs to be cleared out and loves throwin' revs at lesser cars.
Like the song goes, "I'm in love with my car".

Hahahah look at that blatant dodge of the question. So sad when people can't even stand by their own statements. Man up, dude. Don't run away the second someone challenges it. You made the claim, back it up. This is a "debate' forum, after all.

And to head off this slippery slope nonsense before you humiliate yourself further: animals, children, and inanimate objects cannot sign legal contracts and therefore are not relevant to this discussion. I hope that clears up your confusion on "if we allow X marriage, why not Y?"

Last edited:

Hahahah look at that blatant dodge of the question. So sad when people can't even stand by their own statements. Man up, dude. Don't run away the second someone challenges it. You made the claim, back it up. This is a "debate' forum, after all.

And to head off this slippery slope nonsense before you humiliate yourself further: animals, children, and inanimate objects cannot sign legal contracts and therefore are not relevant to this discussion. I hope that clears up your confusion on "if we allow X marriage, why not Y?"
Man up? I already manned up and married a woman.

And what did I dodge? I made fun of gay marriage because I think its funny. Well pathetic really, but funny none the less.
I think its funny that we live in a time where rights we have had since 1776 have to be fought for every day, yet special interest groups get their "special rights" treated like sacred cows.
Funny thing is, I know gay people personally and none of them want to get married to the people they are with. And a few of them have been together for decades.

Man up? I already manned up and married a woman.

And what did I dodge? I made fun of gay marriage because I think its funny. Well pathetic really, but funny none the less.
I think its funny that we live in a time where rights we have had since 1776 have to be fought for every day, yet special interest groups get their "special rights" treated like sacred cows.
Funny thing is, I know gay people personally and none of them want to get married to the people they are with. And a few of them have been together for decades.

Again, straight question that you still refuse to answer:

What "special right" is being asked for?

Again, straight question that you still refuse to answer:

What "special right" is being asked for?

Dudes marrying dudes, now aint that special.:lamo

The national guard is a federally funded org. The state guard is a state funded org. They aren't the same thing.

the "national guard" is comprised of the units of the various states. it gets kinda confusing.

I was a member of the Alabama National Guard for 12 years. every month when I went to drill, I was payed with federal money. when my unit was called up for tornado or hurricane relief efforts, we were paid with state money.

some things the feds paid for and some things the state paid for.

however, some states do have separate "state guard" units. Alabama has the Alabama State Defense Force which is a completely state funded organization. Most of the members are retired military or people who couldn't cut it in the "real" military. It's quite amusing at times.

when I was a 2LT, my unit got called up to provide security on the gulf coast following hurricane Ivan. there were some guys from the SDF there and the dude in charge of them was some old timer who had retired from the national guard as an E-5 and was now a LTC in the SDF.

as my grandpappy used to always say... "that's as wrong as two boys ****ing" :lamo

In states where Same Sex Civil Marriage is legal heterosexual dudes can marry heteroseuxal dudes, so there is nothing "special" available to homosexuals that is not equally available to heterosexuals.

>>>>

You would have that right too. You could marry a dude if you wanted.

So you don't want to exercise that right. So? I don't own a gun, so gun ownership is a "special right" under this definition.

You would have that right too. You could marry a dude if you wanted.

So you don't want to exercise that right. So? I don't own a gun, so gun ownership is a "special right" under this definition.

2A. Read it. Not special. Endowed by our creator. As in God given. As in part of the US constitution and more over the Bill of Rights.

In states where Same Sex Civil Marriage is legal heterosexual dudes can marry heteroseuxal dudes, so there is nothing "special" available to homosexuals that is not equally available to heterosexuals.

>>>>
I would kill or die for my best friend or give him my last dime. But not marry him.

I would kill or die for my best friend or give him my last dime. But not marry him.

I can understand that, but the fact remains that you two could get married - which means the law applies equally to heteroseuxals - therefore no "special right" is reserved only for homosexuals.

>>>>

This isn't even an argument. It just a collection of random and nonsensical sentences.

Not sure of the gay marriage laws in Florida.

Yep, something else to tie up the courts time and energy with.
Got to keep that 3% of "Americans" happy.

I know! Isn't it a pain that people want to get their federally protected benefits?

This isn't even an argument. It just a collection of random and nonsensical sentences.

Well, arent you Mr. Deep Thinker.

Well, arent you Mr. Deep Thinker.

Where clearly you are not. Analogies to giving your buddy your last dime but you won't marry him are not the question here. Marrying your car is not the question here. There are two human beings who want the same rights as other human beings. They are US citizens. They or one of the two human beings wears a uniform, whether it be one weekend a month or every day of their life. The fact that those two human beings have decided that they want to be joined together under their god/state or whatever their belief has nothing to do with any argument you have presented. Equality is the question here.

Equality should never be the question.

Back
Top Bottom