• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Texas man pleads guilty to sexually abusing orphan boys in Malawi

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
A Texas man who managed an orphanage in Malawi pleaded guilty in a U.S. court on Wednesday to sexually abusing children in his care and giving some of them money to keep them quiet about the abuse, U.S. prosecutors said.

Gerald Campbell, 66, of Odessa could face up to life in prison, according to papers filed in federal court in Texas. No date has been set for his sentencing.

Campbell admitted to sexually abusing the children when he was managing the Victory Christian Children's Home orphanage in the southern African country between 1997 and 2009, the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Western District of Texas said in a statement.

One again, here is "Family Values" at work. You have a guy molesting children, and even giving a couple of them money to keep quiet about it.

Hmm, could he be the next Speaker of the House? :mrgreen:

But, seriously, the Bible does have something to say about these so-called "Christian" paragons of virtue........

The Holy Bible said:
Ye shall know them by their fruits

I'm not afraid, for the children, of transgendered boogeymen in bathrooms. I am afraid, for the children, of this guy, Dennis Hastert, and others "Family Values" perverts like them.

Article is here

Last edited:
B-but I thought only Muslims were pedophiles!

[/sarcasm]

Last edited:
One again, here is "Family Values" at work. You have a guy molesting children, and even giving a couple of them money to keep quiet about it.

But, seriously, the Bible does have something to say about these so-called "Christian" paragons of virtue........

I'm not afraid, for the children, of transgendered boogeymen in bathrooms. I am afraid, for the children, of this guy, Dennis Hastert, and others "Family Values" perverts like them.

Article is here
Why is he being charged in American court? I'm far from being a legal scholar but is this because of "subject matter jurisdiction"?

B-but I thought only Muslims were pedophiles!

[/sarcasm]

Bill Clinton took 26 flights with a pedophile billionare to an island with under aged girls. But of course nothing happened. And their prophet was a pedophile.

I believe in capital punishment for people like this. He has no right to adversely affect children's lives for years to come, as the psychological damage will continue for them. Please execute him, and not in a nice way.

Why is he being charged in American court? I'm far from being a legal scholar but is this because of "subject matter jurisdiction"?

Better for him he be charged in an American court. They'd execute his child molesting ass in Malawi..... Come to think of it, I like that option better.

This man is sick, and what he has done is horrendous.

The cheap shots in the OP are disappointing.

Article is here

I don't get why you feel the need to make this about something else. A man did a horrible thing. Later it was discovered he did the horrible thing and he is facing the legal penalties. He'll always face the moral penalties. How the hell does this have anything to do with politics or religion?

He got 20 years, well done, wish we had caught him sooner.

So this guy was a homosexual pedophile...??

Tim-

Two boats for him.

Article is here

The name of the place is "Victory Christian Children's Home orphanage" but who said he was a Christian or a Republican like you intimate?

Bill Clinton took 26 flights with a pedophile billionare to an island with under aged girls. But of course nothing happened. And their prophet was a pedophile.

With that kind of logic since god took Mary when she was around 12-13 then that would make him a pedophile too.

Article is here

What's your problem with Christians again? Do you really think that anyone obeying God's law would condone such a thing? Get real. Could be the next speaker of the house? Really, perverts are identifiable by their religion or political leaning? If you have something to complain about, complain about perverts. I'll be right by your side.
The guy is a sick pervert, plain and simple, and should never see daylight again.
If it were up to me, anyone who abuses kids, old people or anyone or anything that can't defend themselves, should be locked up for good, found guilty by a jury of their victims.

Who cares if Clinton did it or anyone else. Pedophiles are perverts. Perverts should NOT have anyone come to their defense, EVER.

This man is sick, and what he has done is horrendous.

The cheap shots in the OP are disappointing.

With all due respect, I do not regard these as cheap shots. We have seen, year after year, ad nauseum, people who claim to be Christian "Family Values" people, holding themselves up to a higher standard and expecting others to toe their line, get busted for exposing themselves, having affairs, molesting children, and what have you. Sure, Democrats do that kind of crap too, and IMHO, should also be castrated for it, but they are not the ones who hypocritically tell the rest of us how evil we are and how we need to be like them. It is Republican "Family Values" assholes who do that.

Well, I'm going to leave you to your stereotyping, Dana.

Back
Top Bottom