• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Texas landowners dig in to fight Trump’s border wall

I have kin in Houston, friends in NM. You are correct, locals carry. But crap happens and the locals don't always get a chance to shoot back.

Your kin ready to defend a murica?..Lots of shooting going on way down yonder?

https://www.apnews.com/0b3d63c524214bbdbfb58ce8f61589f0

HIDALGO, Texas (AP) — As President Donald Trump travels to the border in Texas to make the case for his $5.7 billion wall, landowner Eloisa Cavazos says she knows firsthand how the project will play out if the White House gets its way.

The federal government has started surveying land along the border in Texas and announced plans to start construction next month. Rather than surrender their land, some property owners are digging in, vowing to reject buyout offers and preparing to fight the administration in court.
==============================================
Hard working land owners & ranchers like this guy will make sure this wall goes no where.

They won't be able to stop it.

HIDALGO, Texas (AP) — As President Donald Trump travels to the border in Texas to make the case for his $5.7 billion wall, landowner Eloisa Cavazos says she knows firsthand how the project will play out if the White House gets its way.

The federal government has started surveying land along the border in Texas and announced plans to start construction next month. Rather than surrender their land, some property owners are digging in, vowing to reject buyout offers and preparing to fight the administration in court.
Hard working land owners & ranchers like this guy will make sure this wall goes no where.

Good for them. Exercising your rights as an American to oppose government action is perfectly acceptable.

Maybe the whiners in Texas are actually carpetbaggers from up north.

People way out there, ranchers and land owners? You got a better guess because that one was absurd.

An East Coast Big City Slicker Carpetbagging Con Man, and they won't admit it to themselves.
Nothing sadder than watching a bunch of people who pride themselves on being able to spot sham and then doubling down on the grifter selling it due to their own dumbass pride.

Been watching Trump since the 80's, he has always been a bull ****ter. A voter who does just a bit of research into a canidate could have seen this conman a mile away.

Progressive??? R U Nutz?
Nationalists, yes.

Progressive, to me, means more government involvement in our lives. Trump's protectionism is a good example of a progressive policy. Seizure of land from private land owners through eminent domain is another progressive policy.

Been watching Trump since the 80's, he has always been a bull ****ter. A voter who does just a bit of research into a canidate could have seen this conman a mile away.

Same here. Many years ago, a small part of my extended family (an uncle in construction) worked a couple of small projects for what used to be Fred Trump's company. Payment was MIA. Eventually they wound up dealing with the so called "Trump Organization" and they wound up not getting paid. Thankfully it wasn't a career ending problem but it sure stung for a while.

The good news is, my uncle (and my grandfather) instead got connected with a decent contracting company which probably built almost a third of the postwar homes in Long Island

Yep, my family has been well aware of what a crook Trump is for a very long time.

Amoroso-Droesch-NY-1954.jpg

If you've watched All in the Family, the Godfather, Goodfellas, The Sopranos...you've probably seen a lot of the homes my gramps and uncle built.
I can pick out the styles in a hot second every time I go back to New York for a visit.

It does to him. Trumpism is based on inflicting suffering on one’s perceived enemies. He hates liberals and northerners, and wants them harmed.

And what better way of doing it than destroying what they love best, their country.

Good for them, if they need armed resistance to protect their lands, sign me up!!!

Progressive, to me, means more government involvement in our lives. Trump's protectionism is a good example of a progressive policy. Seizure of land from private land owners through eminent domain is another progressive policy.

Statism would be a more accurate term, but you're right: Trump and his minions are all about increasing government control. He's certainly no conservative, not by an reasonable definition of the word.

It's John Stuart Mill or Benjamin Disraeli. My guess is, you're tending toward the latter.

Perhaps those Texas land owners know hyperbole when they hear it. Dont mess with Texas !!

They probably meet some of them, give them water feed them breakfast in exchange for some work around the farm.

His administration will be languishing away in prison while the lawsuits still go on over eminent domain.

He will never get the wall. He now has a Senate majority planning to vote with Pelosi.

How's that taste?

Your kin ready to defend a murica?..Lots of shooting going on way down yonder?
ask Robert Krentz......oh, wait, he is dead.
As for my kin, a common laborer with no criminal record other than illegal crossing is most likely more useful than some of them....

The GOP elected an East Coast elitist, you know the type they disparaged for years, rather ironic lol

Yip, one that was always a Democrat liberal until he came to realize that conservative Republicans were more gullible and easy to fool...

Yip, one that was always a Democrat liberal until he came to realize that conservative Republicans were more gullible and easy to fool...

I am on the record as stating the Dems should consider themselves lucky Trump did not hijack the DNC. The Trump stink will permeate for a few years on the GOP, but voters have short memorys.

They won't be able to stop it.

They might not. But the optics are going to be devastating to Republicans.

Trump taking away land which has been in farmers' families for generations ... that's going to blast across the local news and Democrats will be welcoming Texas back to the party.

P.s., on the other hand they might be able to stop it ... this could easily be tied up in courts long enough for Democrats to get back into the White House to put an end to it.

I have kin in Houston, friends in NM. You are correct, locals carry. But crap happens and the locals don't always get a chance to shoot back.

You think they don't know this???? But this is just more tRumper fearmongering. Fact is no one is blasting their way into this country... :doh

Now according to TRUMP'S administration, the vast majority of drugs comes in at the regulated border crossing points and not even tRump can tell a big lie about armed families blasting their way across the border.... fearmongering is running out of steam when 'the locals' face losing land to a farcical wall... :peace

Trump taking away land which has been in farmers' families for generations ... that's going to blast across the local news and Democrats will be welcoming Texas back to the party.

P.s., on the other hand they might be able to stop it ... this could easily be tied up in courts long enough for Democrats to get back into the White House to put an end to it.

Ot just taking away land but in many cases blocking wildlife and livestock from their water source....

You think they don't know this???? But this is just more tRumper fearmongering. Fact is no one is blasting their way into this country... :doh

Now according to TRUMP'S administration, the vast majority of drugs comes in at the regulated border crossing points and not even tRump can tell a big lie about armed families blasting their way across the border.... fearmongering is running out of steam when 'the locals' face losing land to a farcical wall... :peace
I may be wrong, thought I heard recently that airplanes ferry more dope than border crossings. Watched a special last week about the cartels, their wars, etc. At one time Mexico's economy was based more on drugs by 6 or 7 times the their oil exports.

I may be wrong, thought I heard recently that airplanes ferry more dope than border crossings. Watched a special last week about the cartels, their wars, etc. At one time Mexico's economy was based more on drugs by 6 or 7 times the their oil exports.

Only the most desperate would try and carry drugs across a border...Most come in by boat, truck , plane or car....They did catch some guys carrying 75 pound sacks of pot thru Organ Pipe Desert...Quite a feat , but it is unusual...and too risky

The Dems have made serious inroads into cities like Houston and San Antonio. Once you get into rural TX and small towns its heavily Republican, a tough nut to crack for the Dems.

The Dems have made serious inroads into cities like Houston and San Antonio. Once you get into rural TX and small towns its heavily Republican, a tough nut to crack for the Dems.

Yes. But now add hours of broadcasts about dozens or hundreds of families struggling to keep their heritage against GOP assaults ... and that nut shell starts to give.

That's the kind of attack that the GOP fearmongers about ... trying to convince people that Democrats might do it.

And here the GOP is promising to do it. Holding hundreds of thousands of Americans hostage until Congress gives them the money with which to do it.

That nut shell will start giving way.

Back
Top Bottom