• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Texas Just Keeps Getting More Awesome

LowDown

Curmudgeon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
America’s largest shotgun manufacturer, O.F. Mossberg & Sons, Inc., decided not to expand in Connecticut. Sure it was founded there 1919 and still has its corporate headquarters in North Haven. But in 2013 Connecticut rushed through legislation to ban some of Mossberg’s popular products. As a result, Mossberg CEO, Iver Mossberg, says, “Investing in Texas was an easy decision. It’s a state that is not only committed to economic growth but also honors and respects the Second Amendment and the firearm freedoms it guarantees for our customers.”

The number of gun makers who have moved out of anti-gun states has gotten to be fairly large.

Connecticut is in no position to be turning up their noses at jobs, either, having fairly high unemployment.

Forbes Welcome

The number of gun makers who have moved out of anti-gun states has gotten to be fairly large.

Connecticut is in no position to be turning up their noses at jobs, either, having fairly high unemployment.

Forbes Welcome

CT will probably raise taxes on the people to cover the loss in revenue. Kalifornia does the same thing which is losing businesses to TX and NV. Leftists never learn.

CT will probably raise taxes on the people to cover the loss in revenue. Kalifornia does the same thing which is losing businesses to TX and NV. Leftists never learn.

Oh no, they will have to raise everyone's taxes by a couple of dollars.

Forbes Welcome
Good news, mike make it easier to get an extension tube for my 500:lol:

Oh no, they will have to raise everyone's taxes by a couple of dollars.

Yep. Little here, little there, never hurt anyone, right? I guess that's why the old American saying holds true, "Vote with your feet."

Good news, mike make it easier to get an extension tube for my 500:lol:

LOL. Yep. Win-win. You get your tube, TX gets the jobs.

Yep. Little here, little there, never hurt anyone, right? I guess that's why the old American saying holds true, "Vote with your feet."

One gun company leaving does not mean much.

Drip, drip, drip. It all adds up. Kalifornia is a good example.

See how you people don't learn?

Never seen a tax a liberal didn't like.

Kalifornia lost Tesla to Nevada because of leftists and their love of oppressive taxes. As these businesses move out, the taxpayers follow. Illegals move in and the cost on the welfare state goes higher and higher, bit by bit. Leftists will have Kalifornia looking like Detroit in a few years. It's sad because Kalifornia was once a beautiful state. Now you can't drive an hour in any direction without seeing slums, trash all over the place, and homeless lining the streets.

Forbes Welcome

Im a 3rd Generation Texan and so proud of my State

Our mere existence along with our success is a thorn in the side of every Liberal in America and abroad.

Our mere existence along with our success is a thorn in the side of every Liberal in America and abroad.

You have a lot to be proud of.

I applaud Texas and Texans who hold the principles that founded this Nation close to their heart. As evidenced by other states, the results speak for themselves.

May the thorn grow to a mighty spike which binds in place the freedom and liberty so many died to secure.

Kalifornia lost Tesla to Nevada because of leftists and their love of oppressive taxes. As these businesses move out, the taxpayers follow. Illegals move in and the cost on the welfare state goes higher and higher, bit by bit. Leftists will have Kalifornia looking like Detroit in a few years. It's sad because Kalifornia was once a beautiful state. Now you can't drive an hour in any direction without seeing slums, trash all over the place, and homeless lining the streets.

Florida is courting Hollywood if this keep up they are going to run out of other people's money a lot sooner.

Oh Wait:

California has come a long way to dig itself out of budget deficits, but the state remains on shaky ground due to nearly $400 billion in unfunded liabilities and debt from public pensions, retiree health care and bonds, financial analysts say.

California?s $400 billion debt worries analysts - San Francisco Chronicle

I'm sure the people of Connecticut who are employed (and soon unemployed) at the company won't agree with you.

Drip, drip, drip. It all adds up. Kalifornia is a good example.

See how you people don't learn?

One gun company means nothing especially if they are leaving because they do not not the gun laws of the sate. The problem of corporate tax rates is indeed a problem and most states, especially California need to see it lowered.

Texas is awesome regardless if they make guns or not. Some of the best people and places I have been fortunate to see. ( outside of Houston of course )

It's not just one, many have left. it used to be almost all major gun makers were in the Northeast, with CT being the number 1 state. Ruger was out of CT, so was Colt, so was Bushmaster I believe. of course Colt is now bankrupt, Ruger has moved to Arizona, Remington is ending 200 years in Ilion, NY. of course these moves were mainly to avoid paying union wages on labor, but CT and NY didn't help by giving them cover as "anti gun states"

IMO it's time for the feds to simply preempt local gun laws, localities not allowed to make their own laws on what kinds of firearms people can own, that should be a 100% federal question.

Kalifornia lost Tesla to Nevada because of leftists and their love of oppressive taxes.

Lie. The model S is still being built in California. Telsa opened a brand new LiIon battery complex in Nevada. So no, Tesla did not move out of California.

As these businesses move out, the taxpayers follow. Illegals move in and the cost on the welfare state goes higher and higher, bit by bit. Leftists will have Kalifornia looking like Detroit in a few years. It's sad because Kalifornia was once a beautiful state. Now you can't drive an hour in any direction without seeing slums, trash all over the place, and homeless lining the streets.

blah blah blah noise. Don't be so afraid of the truth.

California Economy Grows To 6th Largest In The World

The U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis reported last month that California’s GDP was $2.5 trillion in 2015, up 4.1 percent from a year earlier.​

When will you guys stop lying about how the sky is falling in California?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom