• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Texas Invasion

How many of these Republican controlled Counties filed "invasion" paperwork because of all of the illegals who poured across the southern border in 2017, or 2018, or 2019 and then 2020?

Seems to me if one answers that honestly that we will see not a single Texas County did that in those years. Then it seems I sure do have a good start on being able to show behavior this is nothing more than Hypocritical R-winger partisan BS.

But let the MAGAT Games begin.

Can I say that I would be the first in my household to step up and vote YES to letting TEXAS leave the Union.
Actually, it would simply indicate that those five counties did not consider it nearly as bad in 2017, 2018, 2019, or 2020, as they do now. They also didn't consider it as bad while Obama, Bush, or Clinton was President either, or they would have declared they were being invaded then, but they didn't.

Since this thread is more than a month old, and Governor Abbott still has not declared that Texas was being invaded, I think it is safe to say that isn't going to happen now. Unless things get even worse, which they most certainly will while Biden is President.

When my ancestors immigrated to the US they did so legally. If they cannot abide by the laws of the nation they are immigrating to, then they have no business immigrating there and they will not be welcome.
Of course. My mother was a legal immigrant and became of naturalized citizen. Nothing wrong with that. I support all of that we can get. The problem is mass ILLEGAL immigration.

Five days ago several Texas counties officially declared that they were under an invasion.

As of this past Friday, Texas House Republicans are supporting the declarations, and pushing Governor Abbot to make a State-wide declaration

The reason this thread was posted in the Constitution sub-forum is because when a State officially declares it is being invaded the prohibitions placed on all States under Article I, Section 10, Clause 3 of the US Constitution disappear.

Should Governor Abbott officially declare that Texas is being invaded, he could:
  • Raise military troops that answer only to the Governor;
  • He can even house those military troops in private homes since the Third Amendment doesn't apply to States;
  • Arm ships of war;
  • Make compacts with other States and other foreign nations;
  • Pretty much do whatever the State of Texas needs to do to be secure against invasion; and
  • Do all of this without the consent of Congress.
It will be interesting to see what Governor Abbott does tomorrow.
Your claim of Constitutional basis...rejected.

When my ancestors immigrated to the US they did so legally. If they cannot abide by the laws of the nation they are immigrating to, then they have no business immigrating there and they will not be welcome.

Seeking asylum is not illegal immigration.

Your ancestors had little to no requirements.

Again, your attitude as posted is deplorable.

People migrate all over the world each and every day. Its normal and natural.
People who think themselves good people often hate them and try to make it impossible for them.

Of course. My mother was a legal immigrant and became of naturalized citizen. Nothing wrong with that. I support all of that we can get. The problem is mass ILLEGAL immigration.

What defines mass illegal imigration?

(Clue, our economic needs, which is not any problem at present at current levels, in fact, it benefits us.)

What defines mass illegal imigration?

(Clue, our economic needs, which is not any problem at present at current levels, in fact, it benefits us.)
Clue. lawbreaking doesn't benefit anybody.

As if you had a clue. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I do. What constitutional basis do you have for your claim (it's a big fat one) that undocumented immigration qualifies to give those states the power you claim the Constitution gives them?

I do. What constitutional basis do you have for your claim (it's a big fat one) that undocumented immigration qualifies to give those states the power you claim the Constitution gives them?
No, you do not. That has been made very obvious from all your prior posts regarding the US Constitution. You haven't even read the document, and you claim to know all about it? You are completely clueless and always have been, like all leftists.

No, you do not. That has been made very obvious from all your prior posts regarding the US Constitution. You haven't even read the document, and you claim to know all about it? You are completely clueless and always have been, like all leftists.
And yet you are unable to answer the question. Pretending to know the Constitution is not knowing it. Care to try again? What is the Constitutional basis you think supports your claim on invasion?

Glitch:

The invasion must be a military one, not a migratory one. This is a problem of migration, not an armed invasion by an organised and foreign military force. If "invasion" meant something other than armed invasion by foreign forces then states could use the pretext of invasive species like Zebra Mussels, Nutria, domestic cats and snakeheads coming into America to declare their states to be independent, armed fiefdoms. This thread is absurd, as is Gov. Abbott of Texas. Back to the drawing board, I'm afraid.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

Disagree!

All those Middle East types walking
as a large group into Europe was
an invasion.
Remember them?

Moi

🇨🇦s walk among us
unnoticed

Disagree!

All those Middle East types walking
as a large group into Europe was
an invasion.
Remember them?

Moi

🇨🇦s walk among us
unnoticed
Moi621:

No, I don't remember them. Do you mean the Ottoman Turks of the 15th-18th centuries? That was a little before my time.

If you mean the refugees from 2011 until the present day, all it took xenophobic and arguably white nationalist countries like Hungary to stop the flow was to erect chain-link fences and earthen berms. Hardly an invasion now, is it? Migration =/= Invasion.

Cheers, be well and Oh Canada!
Evilroddy.

Five days ago several Texas counties officially declared that they were under an invasion.

As of this past Friday, Texas House Republicans are supporting the declarations, and pushing Governor Abbot to make a State-wide declaration

The reason this thread was posted in the Constitution sub-forum is because when a State officially declares it is being invaded the prohibitions placed on all States under Article I, Section 10, Clause 3 of the US Constitution disappear.

Should Governor Abbott officially declare that Texas is being invaded, he could:
  • Raise military troops that answer only to the Governor;
  • He can even house those military troops in private homes since the Third Amendment doesn't apply to States;
  • Arm ships of war;
  • Make compacts with other States and other foreign nations;
  • Pretty much do whatever the State of Texas needs to do to be secure against invasion; and
  • Do all of this without the consent of Congress.
It will be interesting to see what Governor Abbott does tomorrow.

Need to re-fortify the Alamo and get that Mexican flag flying over it again.

Back
Top Bottom