• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W: 110] Texas House Democrats preparing to flee the state in move that could block voting restrictions bill, bring Legislature to a halt

nah, its a political move....what's good for the goose.....ask McConnell about obstruction

the State Dems leaving the State to not vote will shut the State down.
If the Republicans at the Senate leave to not vote on the debt limit could result in the US defaulting on loans, etc. Basically destroying the economy and international releationships.

Both Democrats and Republicans need to quit this partisan bs and look for what is good for the county. Don't care if its at the State level or Federal level.

If the Republicans at the Senate leave to not vote on the debt limit could result in the US defaulting on loans, etc. Basically destroying the economy and international releationships.

Both Democrats and Republicans need to quit this partisan bs and look for what is good for the county. Don't care if its at the State level or Federal level.
and???? how many times have the GOP shut down the government?

and???? how many times have the GOP shut down the government?
For me that is not important. What is in the past is the past.

We are trying to come out of a pandemic with an economy that is still recovering. We need our elected officials to stop the partisan bs. That goes for both sides.

For me that is not important. What is in the past is the past.

We are trying to come out of a pandemic with an economy that is still recovering. We need our elected officials to stop the partisan bs. That goes for both sides.
in the past? McConnell admitted recently his plan is to obstruct Biden in any goal he has.

So you dont mind if the Republicans do this same thing in the Senate. Just leave the Senate without a quorum.
Are we entertaining an alternative reality with Republicans running away from their sworn duties?

we have had 13 nearly 14 years of obstruction from fake Republicans.....sorry that you're mad that you are getting your own medicine
Who's getting what medicine?
Texas Democrats were elected to serve their constituents. You don't do that by running away from your sworn responsibilities. It just happens that Texas is a Republican-led state. That is called a representative democracy. And now Democrats are fighting democracy by not doing their sworn duty.
And people call them heroes for fighting for democracy.
They are cowards running away to D.C.; violating state laws by not wearing masks on a plane; infecting members of Congress with their Covid virus; and knowing when they go home they will be arrested for violating their state's constitution.
Is that who you are supporting? Misguided Cowards?

What did I miss? When did Republicans leave D.C.?
Isn't it still idle talk? Come back after they have packed their bags and left.

What did I miss? When did Republicans leave D.C.?
Isn't it still idle talk? Come back after they have packed their bags and left.
It is idle talk at this point.
Even the threat is stupid at this point.

It's so horribly unethical to do the only thing they can do to prevent the GOP's voter suppression plots from coming to fruition. To think it took a supporter of the violent insurrection of 1/6/21 to show me the true path!

:rolleyes:
Voting is easy in every sate.

But please continue on with your inane crap.

It's fun to read.

we have had 13 nearly 14 years of obstruction from fake Republicans.....sorry that you're mad that you are getting your own medicine
I honestly care about this country. It's been good to me. Do you think life has been reduced to just "get back"? I don't live that way.

This country? you're in Mexico....
I'm an American citizen. 73 years old. From Nebraska originally. I work in Mexico, and live here most of the time, but pay my taxes in the US. I care about the country.

I'm an American citizen. 73 years old. From Nebraska originally. I work in Mexico, and live here most of the time, but pay my taxes in the US. I care about the country.
and? You don't live here and aren't affected by things the way we are...why not work in the US?

Are we entertaining an alternative reality with Republicans running away from their sworn duties?

If the Dems are going to play dirty then Republicans can do the same.

The cowardly Democrats are abandoning and abrogating their Constitutional responsibility to represent their respective constituencies in their state of Texas.
Running away from the vote makes them look guilty as hell when they cannot prove the new voting laws will disadvantage voting group.
And if I were a black voter I would be incensed that politicians were using me and my race as a foil against the Republicans.
Telling the world that black voters are incapable of following a proposed voting law that has not proven to be obstructive and difficult to follow.

I would be like that sane and responsible black journalist, Jason Riley, whose book title says it all:
"Please Stop Helping Us!".

In Please Stop Helping Us, Jason L. Riley examines how well-intentioned welfare programs are in fact holding black Americans back. Minimum-wage laws may lift earnings for people who are already employed, but they price a disproportionate number of blacks out of the labor force. Affirmative action in higher education is intended to address past discrimination, but the result is fewer black college graduates than would otherwise exist. And so it goes with everything from soft-on-crime laws, which make black neighborhoods more dangerous, to policies that limit school choice out of a mistaken belief that charter schools and voucher programs harm the traditional public schools that most low-income students attend.

In theory these efforts are intended to help the poor—and poor minorities in particular. In practice they become massive barriers to moving forward.
1627048856096.png

and? You don't live here and aren't affected by things the way we are...why not work in the US?
The pandemic has leveled the field, so to speak. I’m in the states enough to know.
There is a difference between distance and alienation. As the crow flies I’m about 1200 miles from California, but my heart is there. My work is here. My assignment is here.

Trumplicans have been playing dirty, at the expense of the country, for a decade.
A decade? Please elaborate. MAGA isn’t ten years old.

The news states that there are two jets standing by. The legislators have to stay out of the state of Texas for the remainder of the session. Twenty- seven days.
This is getting crazy…..
We are going to go through some things……
The state could call another 30 day special session. They should keep doing that.

wA decade? Please elaborate. MAGA isn’t ten years old.
when Obama was elected these Maggats went bananas, because a black man was elected...they insisted he was from Kenya, that he wasn't an American, that he wasn't born here, then if born here that he wasn't a natural born one, that he is muslim...and so on, ad nauseum ....birthers became Trumpers and are a stain on our society

A couple of Dems should go back and become political prisoners. Maybe the GOP can make them vote from the house floor in chains?

I don't know why you people think that limiting the ability to commit fraud is suppression unless it's suppression of fraud.
when Obama was elected these Maggats went bananas, because a black man was elected...they insisted he was from Kenya, that he wasn't an American, that he wasn't born here, then if born here that he wasn't a natural born one, that he is muslim...and so on, ad nauseum ....birthers became Trumpers and are a stain on our society
If you say so. One thing for sure, Obama ain’t no Christian. He might be a devotee of Black Liberation theology, but that ain’t biblical Christianity.

If you say so. One thing for sure, Obama ain’t no Christian. He might be a devotee of Black Liberation theology, but that ain’t biblical Christianity.
you evidently aren't a Christian either...because if you were, you would know that you cannot judge someone else's Christianity...and yes, he is a Christian.

Back
Top Bottom